Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Muslim-muslim Ticket Critics Will Scuttle Power To South, Adamawa APC Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim-muslim Ticket Critics Will Scuttle Power To South, Adamawa APC Warns (497 Views)

Which Of These Critics Will Make A Good President If Allowed To Govern? / Senate Presidency: APC Warns To Ndume / Watch Your Utterances, APC Warns Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim-muslim Ticket Critics Will Scuttle Power To South, Adamawa APC Warns by FuglyGurl(f): 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2022
The Adamawa State chapter of the All Progressive Congress (APC) has warned advocates of rotation of the presidency to the South that critics of APC’s Muslim-Muslim ticket may scuttle that possibility.

The state chairman of the party, Alhaji Ibrahim Bilal, urged southerners in particular not to be misled into helping to keep the presidency in the North by contributing to the failure of the APC presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Bilal told newsmen in Yola that the real intention of the Muslim-Muslim ticket critics is to ensure the retention of power in the North under the guise of rejecting the party’s same-faith presidential ticket.

Bilal told a select group of journalists, Saturday, that it is more in the interest of the South to support Bola Tinubu’s presidency after eight years of northern domination of the Aso Villa.

“Southerners should not be misled to miss the shot at the presidency by the row caused by Bola Tinubu’s decision to settle for Kashim Shettima, a northern Muslim as his running mate,” Bilala said.

Bringing another angle to the controversy rarely considered, Bilal said “The potency of the office of the Vice President largely depends on the disposition of the president, what many have jocularly refer to in some forum as ‘spare tyre’.”

He reiterated: “We question the motives of those behind the agitations to scuttle the presidential bid of the party’s flag bearer, because their real objective may be to maintain the status quo.”

He urged the party to do everything humanly possible to placate the Christian bloc within the APC, while expressing disappointment that the attempt to sabotage Tinubu’s presidency is coming from influential politicians from the North East, particularly Adamawa State.

https://thenationonlineng.net/muslim-muslim-ticket-critics-may-scuttle-power-rotation-to-south-adamawa-apc-warns/
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Critics Will Scuttle Power To South, Adamawa APC Warns by Light78: 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2022
They killed people in Owo, and today, the killers are walking freely.

What would happen if Muslim-muslim ticked was actualized?

Please, let us reason carefully...

3 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Critics Will Scuttle Power To South, Adamawa APC Warns by Yorubalandlord(m): 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2022
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Critics Will Scuttle Power To South, Adamawa APC Warns by SmellyNyash: 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2022
grin We have already known the winner of next year's election

OBI
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Critics Will Scuttle Power To South, Adamawa APC Warns by ImDStar: 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2022
So people should continue dying simply because one man want to be President?
What a useless submission.

Anyways, I am a Yoruba and I am voting for Peter Obi.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Critics Will Scuttle Power To South, Adamawa APC Warns by donaldking100: 2:52pm On Aug 07, 2022
Some people in this country do not have a sense of history.
Abiola chose a fellow Muslim as running mate, it didn't work.
As a military head of state, the present President of Nigeria chose Idiagbon as deputy, it didn't work.
As the American philosopher, George Santayana, said: "Those who refuse to learn from history are condemned to repeat it."
Wisdom teaches that in a multicultural, multi-religious society, those at the helm of affairs should be keenly sensitive to the sensitivities of the populace.
The present division of Nigeria should never be heightened but healed.
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

1 Like

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Critics Will Scuttle Power To South, Adamawa APC Warns by Okoroawusa: 2:56pm On Aug 07, 2022
ImDStar:
So people should continue dying simply because one man want to be President?
What a useless submission.

Anyways, I am a Yoruba and I am voting for Peter Obi.
I am an Igbo and I am voting for Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Critics Will Scuttle Power To South, Adamawa APC Warns by Britishpea: 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2022
Light78:
They killed people in Owo, and today, the killers are walking freely.

What would happen if Muslim-muslim ticked was actualized?

Please, let us reason carefully...

You are so dull and uneducated. All the killings you see are not of religion. They are politics.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Critics Will Scuttle Power To South, Adamawa APC Warns by femisplash: 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2022
CAN is a toothless bulldog, trying to create religious division. They will lose.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Critics Will Scuttle Power To South, Adamawa APC Warns by Truthisunique2: 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2022
We don't care you foolish nation newspaper

Tinubu does not represent South
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Critics Will Scuttle Power To South, Adamawa APC Warns by Faiththatworks(m): 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hi
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Critics Will Scuttle Power To South, Adamawa APC Warns by Light78: 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2022
Britishpea:

You are so dull and uneducated. All the killings you see are not of religion. They are politics.

What's your definition of being dull?
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Critics Will Scuttle Power To South, Adamawa APC Warns by Think9ja(m): 4:12pm On Aug 07, 2022
Aboki man want use reverse psychology on southerners.

Tinubu and Peter Obi must not be allowed any chance to lead this country

Dumebi Kachiku2023
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Critics Will Scuttle Power To South, Adamawa APC Warns by Faiththatworks(m): 4:12pm On Aug 07, 2022
I still don't understand why any supporter of The great man Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and hopefully the next president of Nigeria will be worried about Peter Obi and the noise makers form the Eastern part of Nigeria.
According to the ApC chairman in Adamawa,only Asiwaju can stop power from returning to the North,he's the only Southern capable of stopping the power obsessed Atiku from retaining in the North.
As a supporter of Asiwaju,I'm overjoyed by Peter Obi ascendancy in the presidential race.
Everyone knows that the South East wasn't ever going to support Asiwaju's presidency,and were going to give Bloc votes to Atiku.
A Peter Obi entrance has totally reduced Atiku numbers in the South East and South-south while Kwankwanso will decimate Atiku in the Northwest.
I will rather be supporting Obi right now because I know he will nullify Atiku in the PDP stronghold of the South East and South South.
All I see is a very short route for Asiwaju becoming the president of Nigeria.
For those who are still using the religious card against Asiwaju,I daresay Asiwaju is more religiously tolerant than Atiku,Peter OBI and Kwankwanso combined together.
Obi is a dyed in the wool Catholic man,if in doubt ask the Anglicans and Methodist in Anambra how many schools he returned back to them when he was governor,forget all the present day shenanigans of visiting Pentecostal churches.
For Atiku and Kwankwanso,they have a combination of religious and ethnic bigotry hanging on them.
I believe after a president like Buhari, Nigeria needs a very very liberal religious leader to lead us,and seriously Asiwaju fits the picture perfectly.
God bless Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Police Dismiss Officer In Viral Video Flogging Man With Machete In Cross River / FACT CHECK: Did Tinubu Mocked Jonathan For Appointing 83-year-old As NPA Chair? / Tinubu And Atiku Camp Jittery Over Peter Obi. Veteran Journalist Jimi Disu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.