Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) (32712 Views)

Wike Has Completed CFC Flyover Port Harcourt: Pictures / Garrison Flyover Port Harcourt Completed: Pictures & Video / Federal Bridge That Links Saki To Ilorin Collapses (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by FILEBE(m): 8:14am On Aug 08, 2022
Shikamaru1:
Project is still under construction. The collapse is a result of an accident from a crane driver. Bad news travels so fast.

People always rush to comment, they didnt eveb watch the video to the end. The camera guy explained that the "escavator" hit the bridge .

I don't know why Nigerians are always impatient . Watch the video to the end and see.
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by brandsoncharlie: 8:14am On Aug 08, 2022
kenny714433:

Factor of safety for project that's still under construction? Do you know what Factor of Safety even mean?

Or you think with factor of safety, a bridge is 100% safe from external impact. Una go just dey type rubbish
Please oga tell me I no no, since it is not a structural failure what is it? And Did I say a bridge is 100 percent resistant from impact loads.
You can’t bring your own ideals rather than to criticize anyhow.
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by blamingthedevil: 8:18am On Aug 08, 2022
ThrownBack:
PDP government and substandard projects are like siamese twins.

With LP presidency, project delivery will be timely and excellent.

Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by focus2727(m): 8:34am On Aug 08, 2022
ursullalinda:
But it looks solid and i thought Wike uses Julius Berger for his projects......this is not nice at all
mischief maker this is ongoing project this type of thing do happen in constructions site wait until its handed over by the contractor . am not wike fans sha am just saying the obvious facts
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by LOVESPICE(m): 8:41am On Aug 08, 2022
plaindealer:
Mr project and his substandard death trap projects.

Sadly, he borrowed N25 Billion to build this and other death traps.

Don't blame Wike here, that flyover was constructed during Amaechi's tenure.
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by Papparassi: 8:45am On Aug 08, 2022
Untrue.
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by Papparassi: 8:46am On Aug 08, 2022
PRESS STATEMENT

Our attention has been drawn to a misleading narrative concerning the incident that occured at the Rumukrushi (Tank) Flyover project site yesterday, Saturday, 6 August, 2022.

What happened yesterday was not an issue of structural failure but was entirely an accident caused by some careless heavy equipment operators .

Routine construction works were going on the site when an excavator horizontally collided with an already launched beam while trying to assist a tipper that got stuck in the mud due to the kind of soil peculiar to a typical construction site. The beam moved out of place and made impact on other beams.

The erroneous narrative being propagated by mischief-makers is with the sole aim of causing unnecessary panic amongst unsuspecting members of the public.

The good people of Rivers State should disregard it in its entirety because there is no cause for alarm whatsoever. The structural integrity of the 10th flyover is not in dispute in anyway. What happened was an avoidable incident caused by two careless equipment operators.

To the glory of God there was no casualty. The management of Julius Berger has been swiftly notified by the Honourable Commissioner for Works; the beams will be removed and new ones will be relaunched. There is no need for panic as the situation is fully under control.

Dornubari Kiinee
Special Assistant (Media & Documention) to the Hon. Commissioner for Works, Rivers State.
7 August, 2022.
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by wolebest: 8:57am On Aug 08, 2022
This is not Governor Wike's problem but that of the contractor.
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by alizma: 8:57am On Aug 08, 2022
Sunday2021:
but when it comes to Buhari you will tell us the problem is the president.
How do you expect the contractor to do a good work when wike collect 70% of of the money as kick-back?
Go and check my posts, I don't belong in that category of people, I address issues as they are. More so, I am a Buhari fans but that won't stop me from saying the truth if a PDP governor is doing well. I am a constructive critics not destructive.
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by Sirnioking(m): 9:02am On Aug 08, 2022
That flyover is actually under construction. You guys should stop encouraging misinformation
Totilopussylick:

I am sure buhari was invited during the commissioning of this death trap constructed by Wike tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by Sirnioking(m): 9:04am On Aug 08, 2022
The flyover is under construction, and what happened was an accident involving a crane.
LOVESPICE:

Don't blame Wike here, that flyover was constructed during Amaechi's tenure.
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by Sirnioking(m): 9:07am On Aug 08, 2022
Haba!!!! Did you even finish the video? The bridge is under construction abegii!! And it was actually an accident.
ufotunang:
You see and the governor that constructed this bridge wanted to be the president of nigeria... nawaoooo
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by TruthinAction: 9:28am On Aug 08, 2022
This project will become an abandoned one.

It they must continue, they have to remove all the beams and cast new ones.
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by adams123: 9:47am On Aug 08, 2022
Is River state ministry of works performing their supervisory roles diligently or they just fold their hands watching Julius Berger to give them what they like?? The reinforcement used and concrete mix have to be closely monitored.
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by Sunisonflex39(m): 9:58am On Aug 08, 2022
legionISproteus:
You people just open your phones and type rubbish

You dey reply am..this one probably visited the area last two years ago .
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by feeloscar(m): 10:06am On Aug 08, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

What happens to factor of safety for impact loads?
It is clearly a structural failure because the structural members couldn’t do it job and it is a poor design and shoddy construction work.
I disagree sir, if you watch the video, you'll realise that, the girders are not standing vertically on the pier cap as supposed, but sideways. I can only assume that, the girders were initially placed properly(standing vertically) and the last girder to be placed on the pier cap made contact with the preceding girder. This contact or impact must have made it to fall sideways, with the ripple effect causing every other girder to fall. These kinds of accidents occur on sites, it's not new. It has nothing to do with the design, they'll replace all of the affected girders and work continues.
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by loswhite(m): 10:16am On Aug 08, 2022
peepydelano:
Bad project as a result of bad governance. Failed system.
Has the bridge been completed? Are you the one that commission the project? The problem of this country is the Citizens
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by feeloscar(m): 10:17am On Aug 08, 2022
TruthinAction:
This project will become an abandoned one.

It they must continue, they have to remove all the beams and cast new ones.

The girders are precast, hence they will be replaced.

1 Like

Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by slowice(m): 11:10am On Aug 08, 2022
This is what happens when you claim a bridge is worth 10billion but paid 5billion for the job.

Substandard arrangement nahim dem go use balance am finally
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by UnimkeAk(m): 11:17am On Aug 08, 2022
ThrownBack:
PDP government and substandard projects are like siamese twins.

With LP presidency, project delivery will be timely and excellent.
Ur problem isnt PDP, rather LP is the problem of the PDP...
You should worry about BAT and APC , because Atiku isnt smelling that seat
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by 27Pushing30: 11:22am On Aug 08, 2022
Shikamaru1:
Project is still under construction. The collapse is a result of an accident from a crane driver. Bad news travels so fast.

We have many ignorant peoiple here na... one would obviously see that this is a WORK IN PROGRESS site and that its not a bridge YET just BEAMS which are pre-cast and transported to site

i fear this country sha people peddle ignorance
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by Sunday2021: 11:27am On Aug 08, 2022
alizma:

Go and check my posts, I don't belong in that category of people, I address issues as they are. More so, I am a Buhari fans but that won't stop me from saying the truth if a PDP governor is doing well. I am a constructive critics not destructive.
but you should know that the reason why we are having less quality projects is because of the kick back that politicians are collecting.
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 08, 2022
legionISproteus:
Julius Berger does not build substandard structures.

Not the one in RIvers state, dem are full of Ikwerre urchins.
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by brandsoncharlie: 11:39am On Aug 08, 2022
feeloscar:
The girders are precast, hence they will be replaced.
They’re precast and so? Won’t the company doing the supply Make new precast with the specifications needed.
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by brandsoncharlie: 11:45am On Aug 08, 2022
[quote author=Papparassi post=115494961]PRESS STATEMENT

Our attention has been drawn to a misleading narrative concerning the incident that occured at the Rumukrushi (Tank) Flyover project site yesterday, Saturday, 6 August, 2022.

What happened yesterday was not an issue of structural failure but was entirely an accident caused by some careless heavy equipment operators .

Routine construction works were going on the site when an excavator horizontally collided with an already launched beam while trying to assist a tipper that got stuck in the mud due to the kind of soil peculiar to a typical construction site. The beam moved out of place and made impact on other beams.

The erroneous narrative being propagated by mischief-makers is with the sole aim of causing unnecessary panic amongst unsuspecting members of the public.

The good people of Rivers State should disregard it in its entirety because there is no cause for alarm whatsoever. The structural integrity of the 10th flyover is not in dispute in anyway. What happened was an avoidable incident caused by two careless equipment operators.

To the glory of God there was no casualty. The management of Julius Berger has been swiftly notified by the Honourable Commissioner for Works; the beams will be removed and new ones will be relaunched. There is no need for panic as the situation is fully under control.

Dornubari Kiinee
Special Assistant (Media & Documention) to the Hon. Commissioner for Works, Rivers State.
7 August, 2022.
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by ufotunang: 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2022
Sirnioking:
Haba!!!! Did you even finish the video? The bridge is under construction abegii!! And it was actually an accident.
...ok no problem , accident..... Nigerians would not want an accidental president �
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by Dreey(m): 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2022
i know just know why i dont really like/fancy port harcourt...

always that disgusting feeling toward the state
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by ezenonso: 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2022
It was an accident: the excavator hit the last beam creating a domino effect that throw off the last beam.
JB serious rework and schedule implication
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by legionISproteus: 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2022
PeaceNexus:
I hardly exchange quotes with idiots.

It did not stop you from typing rubbish.
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by Shedrill(m): 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2022
peepydelano:
Bad project as a result of bad governance. Failed system.

Even if you are given a billion dollars, sense will never come cheap to you
Re: Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) by Shedrill(m): 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2022
Dreey:
i know just know why i dont really like/fancy port harcourt...

always that disgusting feeling toward the state

pH doesn't like you either

The state ain't for faint hearts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Second Week As Bolt Driver / Another Plane Crash In US Claims Several Lives Weeks After Wigwe's Incident / Couple & Their 3 Kids Die In Fatal Accident On Their Way To Abuja(See Burial Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.