Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Rumukurushi Flyover Is Safe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rumukurushi Flyover Is Safe (447 Views)

Enugu Flyover Is 95% Complete To Be Commissioned By Easter / Building A Flyover Is One Of My Biggest Achievements- Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rumukurushi Flyover Is Safe by Papparassi: 8:47am On Aug 08, 2022
PRESS STATEMENT

Our attention has been drawn to a misleading narrative concerning the incident that occured at the Rumukrushi (Tank) Flyover project site yesterday, Saturday, 6 August, 2022.

What happened yesterday was not an issue of structural failure but was entirely an accident caused by some careless heavy equipment operators .

Routine construction works were going on the site when an excavator horizontally collided with an already launched beam while trying to assist a tipper that got stuck in the mud due to the kind of soil peculiar to a typical construction site. The beam moved out of place and made impact on other beams.

The erroneous narrative being propagated by mischief-makers is with the sole aim of causing unnecessary panic amongst unsuspecting members of the public.

The good people of Rivers State should disregard it in its entirety because there is no cause for alarm whatsoever. The structural integrity of the 10th flyover is not in dispute in anyway. What happened was an avoidable incident caused by two careless equipment operators.

To the glory of God there was no casualty. The management of Julius Berger has been swiftly notified by the Honourable Commissioner for Works; the beams will be removed and new ones will be relaunched. There is no need for panic as the situation is fully under control.

Dornubari Kiinee
Special Assistant (Media & Documention) to the Hon. Commissioner for Works, Rivers State.
7 August, 2022.
Re: Rumukurushi Flyover Is Safe by vastolord4(m): 8:48am On Aug 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Rumukurushi Flyover Is Safe by Cypress042(m): 8:48am On Aug 08, 2022
Noted

Shame on those saying thrash and those trying hard to soil Wike's achievement smiley
Re: Rumukurushi Flyover Is Safe by Kenmatt(m): 9:02am On Aug 08, 2022
As a Freelancer investigative Journalist, it's needful to storm the Site and comfirm the info first hand.
Re: Rumukurushi Flyover Is Safe by FirstSon01: 9:06am On Aug 08, 2022
We already know those that are spreading misinformation against the PDP chieftain just because he didn't come to their party, but we won't be swayed.

The best governance Nigeria has ever experienced since 1960 was under the three progressive PDP presidents of Obasanjo, Yar'Adua and Jonathan.

Just like we did in 1999, 2003, 2007 and 2011 we will take back power to the people!
Re: Rumukurushi Flyover Is Safe by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 08, 2022
Kenmatt:
As a Freelancer investigative Journalist, it's needful to storm the Site and comfirm the info first hand.

You don't need one. I live a stone throw from the site. I pass there at least twice everyday Monday to Saturday on my way to and fro work. Rumors mongers and mischief makers are the ones spreading falsehoods about what happened on Saturday. You need to see the project with your own eyes. It is as solid as any other Julius Berger project. What happened was just an avoidable accident that will be remedied immediately. I thank God that nobody was hurt because many street traders hawk their wares around the construction site. Also the junction is a major intersection that many people still use even as the construction is ongoing. The point is there are always many people there from morning till up 11pm doing one thing or another. I am happy no one was hurt
Re: Rumukurushi Flyover Is Safe by Onuigbodabere: 10:08am On Aug 08, 2022
This should be a reminder that all safety protocols should always be recognised.
Re: Rumukurushi Flyover Is Safe by Onuigbodabere: 10:08am On Aug 08, 2022
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Umeh Defending The Indefensible Criminal Pandora Peter Obi / Tinubu's Achievements For APC Since 2015. Pictures Attached / Flashback:After 6 Years Pres. GEJ Only Has A Drawing Of 2nd Niger Bridge -Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.