Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Nobody Will Teach You This About Selling Effectively - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nobody Will Teach You This About Selling Effectively (239 Views)

Complete Tutorial About Selling On Jumia In 2023 / The Dirty Little Secret Psychology About Selling They Have Kept From You / All I Need To Know About Selling Men's Wear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Will Teach You This About Selling Effectively by PromiseObasi(m): 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2022
I was working at home, one hot afternoon, sitting at my kitchen counter.

With a large iced tea in hand, I was on the phone with an important client.

My doorbell rang, but I ignored it.

It then rang again.
And again.
I continued ignoring it.
Then I heard a pounding on my front door.
“Damn,” I said to myself, but I continued my conversation.

Suddenly there was someone banging on the sliding glass door behind me.

At this stage it was a contest of wills.
And I refused to even turn around and look.
After a few moments, the banging on the front door started up again.
Frustrated as hell, I finally excused myself from my call and went to the door to get rid of whoever that was!

When I opened the door, I was confronted by a passing motorist…who told me that the shrubs along my backyard wall was completely in flames!

In that instant, this guy was elevated in status from an ANNOYING PEST to a WELCOME GUEST!

Those were the exact words of Dan Kennedy..

Can you see what happened in a few seconds?

In a world today where there is no time and the attention span of consumers are at an all time low, you have a few seconds to act..

I can be scrolling on Facebook and then I see a sponsored Advert..

It takes your visible CopyWriting prowess to make me click on 'See more' or even the 'like' button.

I can imagine what the motorist said.

probably:

"Sir, the shrubs behind your house is on fire right now, your property might be completely consumed if we don't act now".

If Na you you go still stand..

you go remember say you dey important phone call??

You can make anyone feel anyway based on how you communicate your ideas.

You can turn yourself from an annoying guy who is just running Ads to try and lure people into giving him money to a guy that is saying something so important and interesting that it creates urgency backed up with a desire to have something and a need to act now..

It's all in the emotions...
You play with it..

but don't abuse it.

Till we meet one day and talk about how this meeting changed the game for you, I will be in my corner rooting for you.

-Promise

PS. Leave a follow and share if you liked this content..

I've got many more coming cool
Re: Nobody Will Teach You This About Selling Effectively by kaaya149: 12:44pm On Aug 08, 2022
Thanks for sharing this information.
Re: Nobody Will Teach You This About Selling Effectively by PromiseObasi(m): 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2022
You are welcome

kaaya149:
Thanks for sharing this information.

(1) (Reply)

Wema Bank Grows Earnings By 50% / Why A Rice Seller Makes More Money Than Bankers. / Free 2 Thousand Naira To Bet Any Game This Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.