Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court (7403 Views)

OBJ & Buhari Pictured In 1978 Cutting The Tape At The Opening Of Warri Refinery / PDP Tenders Evidence Buhari's Certificate Is Forged / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by Imeobong(m): 7:00pm On Aug 03, 2011
Lagos:  Maj. Hamza Al-Mustapha on Wednesday tendered at a Lagos High Court a video on how the then Federal Military Government planned to douse the tension generated by the death of Chief M.K.O Abiola, the presumed winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election.

Al-Mustapha, former Chief Security Officer to the late Gen. Sani Abacha, said the tape captured the meeting called by the then Head of State, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar, on how to handle the situation.

The tape labelled “Abraham Adesanya’s visit to the villa’’ was tendered following a request by Al-Mustapha’s counsel, Mr Olalekan Ojo.

Al-Mustapha, who is standing trial over the murder of Kudirat, wife of Abiola, had opened his defence on Tuesday.

At the resumed hearing of the case on Wednesday, Ojo had requested that the tape be played in court, but Justice Mojisola Dada objected on the grounds that the court was too stuffy.

She said she could hardly breathe because the air conditioner in the court room was not working.

Dada ruled that the tape would be played on Aug. 4 at the continuation of the trial.

The defendants had brought a 24-inch Plasma TV and a 16-inch Sony TV sets which had already been connected before the judge disallowed it.

Al-Mustapha said: “I have two tapes on the visit of the Chiefs Bola Ige and Abraham Adesanya to the Presidential Villa to see Abubakar.

“Two cameras were used — one by the Nigerian Television Authority and the other by my bodyguard attached to the Villa.

Al-Mustapha also told the court that shortly after the Oputa Panel sitting in Abuja, he wrote an 11-page letter to the late Ige entitled, “How you, Chief Bola Ige was used in the murder of Abiola’’.

The former CSO also tendered a letter allegedly written by the then National Security Adviser, Maj.-Gen Abdullahi Mohammed, which was approved by Abubakar, directing the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria to release huge sums of money.

The letter, which was read in court, stated that the money was needed as a result of the sudden death of Abiola and the influx of visitors into the country. (NAN)

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/al-mustapha-tenders-tape-on-ige-adesanya%E2%80%99s-visit-to-aso-rock/
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by aljharem3: 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2011
Na wa ooooo

see how this people betray themselves
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by Imeobong(m): 7:05pm On Aug 03, 2011

“Two cameras were used — one by the Nigerian Television Authority and the other by my bodyguard attached to the Villa.

Al-Mustapha also told the court that shortly after the Oputa Panel sitting in Abuja, he wrote an 11-page letter to the late Ige entitled, “How you, Chief Bola Ige was used in the murder of Abiola’’.
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by Imeobong(m): 7:09pm On Aug 03, 2011
More revelation from Al-mustapha

By Ayo Okulaja

August 3, 2011 03:56PM
Print print Email email Share Share

Hamza Al-Mustapha who is standing trial for the murder of Kudirat Abiola, has named the late Bola Ige as having been 'unconsciously complicit' in the murder of M.K.O. Abiola.

Mr Al-Mustapha, former Chief Security Officer (CSO) to the late head of state, Sani Abacha revealed this during the second day of cross examination by his lawyer Olalekan Ojo at the ongoing trial at the Ikeja High Court, Lagos.

According to the former CSO, "Bola Ige was appointed as the liaison officer to Abiola while he was in detention. His appointment was done after the federal government phased me out of the role."

He also stated that after the demise of former military ruler, Mr Abacha, he (Al-Mustapha) reached an agreement with the federal government to set free the detained winner of the June 12, 1993 election and that his mandate must be restored some time later. He added that shortly after that agreement was reached, the federal government appointed Mr Bola Ige to replace him as the liaison officer to Abiola.

Photocopy evidence

The allegation that the federal government paid a certain amount of money to some Yoruba leaders was further affirmed on Wednesday when the former NSA tendered an evidence of a photocopied document signed by former head of state, Abdul Salami Abubakar, and his NSA, Abdulai Muhammed. He alleged the federal government claimed the funds was to be used for national security and to pay soldiers on peace-keeping mission whereas the funds were used to settle the Yoruba leaders who, according to him, subsequently thronged the Villa.

The evidence was admitted by the judge, despite a plea by the prosecuting counsel that the document was secondary evidence and not verified.

The judge, Mojisola Dada adjourned the case till Thursday when a video evidence of the Yoruba leaders who visited Abiola's cell will be played.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5737224-146/ige_was_unconsciously_complicit_in_the.csp
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by Johndoe100(m): 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2011
Money is a powerful motivator, even or should I say esprecially among the yoruba.
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by Imeobong(m): 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2011

The judge, Mojisola Dada adjourned the case till Thursday when a video evidence of the Yoruba leaders who visited Abiola's cell will be played.

this is becoming interesting, I just hope Al-mustapha is with a duplicate copy of this video, , why d judge refuse to play it today I don't know, but I smell something funny here, just hope they don't edit the tape
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2011
Adesanya and Bola Ige?

Mustapha, why only dead people?

Give us one name, I mean just one name of someone living. I no get time for dead people. haba!
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by HighChief4(m): 7:28pm On Aug 03, 2011
^^^You want him to lie? Abi the video is there to further buttress his points. Honestly, with the way this is going, I wont be suprised if Gani himself even collected from the egunje. Abeg whose a.s.s do i kick before we have this on the front page
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by dayokanu(m): 7:38pm On Aug 03, 2011
How convenient that only dead ppl are involved? Ppl who cant defend themselves
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by seanet02: 7:43pm On Aug 03, 2011
High_Chief:

^^^You want him to lie? [s]Abi the video is there to further buttress his points[/s]. Honestly, with the way this is going, I wont be suprised if Gani himself even collected from the egunje. Abeg whose a.s.s do i kick before we have this on the front page
buttress the Point that this people collected bribe from Abacha that was dead as at the date of the video?
Ibotic reasoninig
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by aloyemeka2: 7:44pm On Aug 03, 2011
dayokanu:

You have a point but if he has video evidence then you may have to eat your words. It is better to keep quiet till all the facts and evidences are out. If indeed what he is saying is the truth, then his days are numbered because it is far better for him to die than live to disgrace the top 5% power brokers in Nigeria.
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by aloyemeka2: 7:45pm On Aug 03, 2011
seanet02:

buttress the Point that this people collected bribe from Abacha that was dead as at the date of the video?
Ibotic reasoninig

May be it is your reasoning that is whacked. They were not bribed to kill Abiola rather they were bribed to keep quiet on Abiola's murder. So, naturally Abiola's death should precede the video.
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by Beaf: 7:49pm On Aug 03, 2011
Abraham Adesanya? NADECO? shocked
Damn!!

So the deepest roots of SW leadership have been stained by Abiola's blood? This is some very sad shite.

[size=14pt]People! That tape must be played in court.[/size]
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by seanet02: 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2011
aloy-emeka:

May be it is your reasoning that is whacked. They were not bribed to kill Abiola rather they were bribed to keep quiet on Abiola's murder. So, naturally Abiola's death should precede the video.
There was nothing in the Video evidence to suggest that this people collected bribe. How does a video indicates you visited Aso rock translates to collecting bribe?
Iboshic reasoning
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by seanet02: 7:51pm On Aug 03, 2011
Beaf:

Abraham Adesanya? NADECO? shocked
Damn!!

[s]So the deepest roots of SW leadership have been stained by Abiola's blood? This is some very sad shite.
[/s]
[size=14pt]People! That tape must be played in court.[/size]
So you trust Almustapha?
Why can't the Ediota speak when this people were alive?
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by violent(m): 7:55pm On Aug 03, 2011

At the resumed hearing of the case on Wednesday, Ojo had requested that the tape be played in court, but Justice Mojisola Dada objected on the grounds that the court was too stuffy.

See excuse o!

the court was too stuffy for a video to be played?
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by ak47mann(m): 7:59pm On Aug 03, 2011
SHIT DON HIT THE FAN tongue tongue YORIBAS WILL DO ANYTHING FOR MONEY grin grin grin EXTRA CHANGE FOR OWAMBE PARTY ABEG tongue
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by Beaf: 7:59pm On Aug 03, 2011
seanet02:

So you trust Almustapha?

Dude, I trust nobody, but the truth must not be supressed.
We, as teenagers youngmen freely put our lives on the line in riots and demonstrations for MKO. Some of us died. . . Only to learn now that Nadeco's leadership might have been bought for blood?

[size=21pt]That tape must play in court![/size]
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 03, 2011
seanet02:

So you trust Almustapha?

Mr man, are u a kid? try to be making sense all the time by sticking to topic, all u post i have come across are just childish
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by Imeobong(m): 8:05pm On Aug 03, 2011
violent:

See excuse o!

exactly!! that was what came to my mind after reading this piece, why didn't she play the video today?  come to think of it, they was no point for this lame excuse.
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by aljharem3: 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2011
ak47mann:

poo DON HIT THE FAN tongue tongue  YORIBAS WILL DO ANYTHING FOR MONEY  grin grin grin EXTRA CHANGE FOR  OWAMBE PARTY ABEG tongue

Look at you.SMH

@TOPIC

If this so called yoruba leaders can do this, it mean AWOLOWO MIGHT NOT HAVE DIE NORMALLY. MAYBE THEY WERE THE ONES THAT KILLED HIM AND PRETENDING TO NIGERIANS
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by aloyemeka2: 8:07pm On Aug 03, 2011
violent:

See excuse o!

Some precautions are taken due to national security. Her refusal to play such video is appropriate  and the order may have come from the presidency. We need to be careful with this Abiola issue lest we lose more lives.
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by hbrednic: 8:08pm On Aug 03, 2011
the truth is finally coming to the surface
small,small but we will get there  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by Sunofgod(m): 8:10pm On Aug 03, 2011
I suspect IBB's name will come into the mix soon.

Somehow I dont think he was just sitting back relaxing when all this treachery was going on.
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 03, 2011
Maybe there's a link to this to Bola Ige's assassination.

I guess to uncover that one would take another 12yrs, Al-mustapha style.
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by coogar: 8:17pm On Aug 03, 2011
dayokanu:

the more reason why this story is believeable. . . . .

the others died as a result of the secrets they know(they were possibly killed by the same people). . . . .mustafa has been in jail for 11 yrs, they cannot reach him to slaughter, the others could be reached to kill.

i have always suspected bola ige's especially post-abiola's death. . . . . .he went from power minister to attorney general. dining with the beasts of that government then. but then, abiola didn't cover himself in glory if you take a long look at all the coup d'etats he has sponsored in nigeria. it's a case of give and take but backstabbing abiola whilst deceiving the entire population that june 12 mandate should prevail is a felony against the state.

if this is true, then bola ige killed with the sword and died by the gun.

Sun of god:

Somehow I dont think he was just sitting back relaxing when all this treachery was going on.

ibb is too intelligent to be caught in such fuckery. . . . . . . .there was a pact between him and abacha to take a back seat - reasons why ibb couldn't make abiola the president in 1993. as i was told by a top military brass - that pact was formed during the orka coup of 1990. it was abacha's loyal troops that saved ibb from orka's men in dodan barracks. an agreement was reached that day that the next ruler of nigeria must be general abacha.
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by aljharem3: 8:17pm On Aug 03, 2011
Sun of god:

nah i don't think IBB has anything to do with this

it is the so called yoruba leaders that said the Abiola election was democracy also are the ones that destroyed democracy

THIS IS A DISGRACE TO THE YORUBA NATION AND INDEED NIGERIA

truth be told I HAVE A FEELING THAT AWOLOWO WAS KILLED BY THIS PEOPLE AS WELL

HE WAS BETRAYED JUST LIKE ABIOLA
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by Imeobong(m): 8:17pm On Aug 03, 2011

why wont maradona be involve?  grin grin grin grin  that guy's hand is stained with everything dirty that has happened to this country for the past 30 years,
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by aljharem3: 8:18pm On Aug 03, 2011
coogar:

the more reason why this story is believeable. . . . .

the others died as a result of the secrets they know(they were possibly killed by the same people). . . . .mustafa has been in jail for 11 yrs, they cannot reach him to slaughter, the others could be reached to kill.

i have always suspected bola ige's especially post-abiola's death. . . . . .he went from power minister to attorney general. dining with the beasts of that government then. but then, abiola didn't cover himself in glory if you take a long look at all the coup d'etats he has sponsored in nigeria. it's a case of give and take but backstabbing abiola whilst deceiving the entire population that june 12 mandate should prevail is a felony against the state.

if this is true, then bola ige killed with the sword and died by the gun.

gbammmmm
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 03, 2011
Al-Mustapha said: “I have two tapes on the visit of the Chiefs Bola Ige and Abraham Adesanya to the Presidential Villa to see Abubakar.

So if I want to receive bribe, I'll receive it in the full glare of NTA cameras. Talk about playing to the gallery!

Hamza Al-Mustapha who is standing trial for the murder of Kudirat Abiola, has named the late Bola Ige as having been 'unconsciously complicit' in the murder of M.K.O. Abiola.

Unconsciously complicit?! Some one explain what that means to me please.

The allegation that the federal government paid a certain amount of money to some Yoruba leaders was further affirmed on Wednesday when the former NSA tendered an evidence of a photocopied document signed by former head of state, Abdul Salami Abubakar, and his NSA, Abdulai Muhammed. He alleged the federal government claimed the funds was to be used for national security and to pay soldiers on peace-keeping mission whereas the funds were used to settle the Yoruba leaders who, according to him, subsequently thronged the Villa.

Abdulsalam is still alive, I hope the judge will have him subpoenaed if some crazy/convenient evidence is put forward
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by femmy2010(m): 8:20pm On Aug 03, 2011
Hope the Video would not be re-edited before 4th August oo.
Re: At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court by Beaf: 8:21pm On Aug 03, 2011
stillwater:

Maybe there's a link to this to Bola Ige's assassination.

I guess to uncover that one would take another 12yrs, Al-mustapha style.

You're not alone with that. What a country! We must all patiently wait and apply unrelenting pressure until the powers fall, no matter how long it takes.
Nigeria belongs to each and every one of us. If anyone disagrees, then we must burn down the place.

That tape must be played.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wole Olanikpekun Will Do Justice To The Osun Tribunal Judgement @ Higher Court / Nigeria’s Debt Stock To Hit ₦34 Trillion With New Loans / They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.