Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Taking Back Your Life. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Taking Back Your Life. (166 Views)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heaven - Escape For Your Life / 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life / These Ebooks Will Radically Change Your Life Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Taking Back Your Life. by JayAmir: 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2022
Good morning friends of God

FAITH AND SPIRIT DEVOTION
Monday 8th August 2022

*TAKING BACK YOUR LIFE*

Romans 6:2 Certainly not! How can we who died to sin live in it any longer?

FROM the beginning we read from the book of Genesis that God breathed into the nostrils of Adams the breath of life after God formed him from the dust and Adam became a living soul. It is certain that Adam’s life was given to him by the Lord sponsored by the agency of the Spirit. With that life he had he was able to do certain amazing things like naming all the living creatures God formed from the ground. Adam had such a cool fellowship with God until he took back the life given to him through disobedience, Adam without any form of dissonance with Eve upon seeing the fruit, ate away his spiritual life and he couldn’t gain back that life before his death.

There is a popular saying by the people of this part of my world; this life is not balanced. As a man thinks in his heart so he is. The life Adam lived afterwards was not balanced, you can agree to that, it was a messed-up life. The trouble in the world started from the singular act of insubordination by Eve and Adam could not put up an agreement upon seeing the fruit.

Let fast-forward to the present day, a believer's life we have gotten is much far better that of the messed-up life lived in the dispensation before the Holy Spirit era. The amazing thing that makes it different is that Jesus being the last Adam is a quickening spirit and it is written, whosoever believes in Him shall have an everlasting life. The moment you received Jesus as Lord and savior, by faith we received the life of God in us but not a quickening spirit for we are already a living soul. We cannot have a quickening spirit after we get born again and still live the same way afterwards.

This is precisely why after we become born again, next it is to put the new man in the knowledge of Him who created all things by learning of Christ by renewing your spirit to know that the new man which after God has created in righteousness and holiness. The hunger to know God can only come when you have been quickened by the Holy Spirit, apart from that, you will only have desires to know God, but you take back your life each time you have given Him YOUR life. Many of us have done the altar calls several times, made 100 confessions to change from our old sinful life’s but we still go back to our vomit. Adams took back his life without putting up a fight and many of you are like him; we see danger calls and we go out for it without any form of dissention. Dear beloved, to not take back your life which you have relinquished to God, believe in your heart that you are dead, and your life is hidden in Christ in God. You will need to mortify your propensities to give into iniquities applications of the flesh.

Set your affections/mind on things which bring glory to God and kill those sexual vice, impurity, sensual appetites, unholy desires in your heart. To get rid of these things might not be easy especially if you are already sexually active and hence, I am agitator of sexual purity among youth/Teens. The way out is allowing God to quicken your spirit for Jesus Christ is a quickening Spirit and how does this come?

The next topic called QUICKENING of the Spirit will explain more. See you then and meanwhile, *Keep dwelling in Him as Jesus is love, THE solution, and Lord* Think Christ, think people.

Key Point <<<>>>> living in iniquities as a believer is the same as living your life without God in it, you have taken back your life.

*The Call*<<<>>>> If you have not given your life to Christ, here is another opportunity to do so. Lord, I come before You with all my sins and confess them before You as I receive a new heart to forsake all my wrong ways of life. I accept You as my Lord and savior as I believe in the name of Jesus Christ. Here is our WhatsApp line to chat with one of us. 08163352410 We will be glad to lead you to Christ the savior of the world by teaching you to have a deep intimacy

(1) (Reply)

Free Access To Christian Books / Don't Worry, God Will Take Care Of You. / The Blessings And Benefits Of The Resurrection Of Jesus. Volume 2, Part 30.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.