Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,573 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? (10268 Views)

10 Common Misconceptions About Being An Employee / Isn't This The Best Answer On Why You’re Leaving Your Current Workplace? / Cleaner's Son Gets Employed At Her Workplace (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by fasho01(m): 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2022
Op please properly space the write up for better comprehension
Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by descarado: 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2022
Worst work place bullying is locals against migrants.
Eg Britons against migrants.
In this order Britons> EU> black Africans.

Even Arab Africans who are migrants bully black Africans.
Yeah, black man is always at the receiving end cos they don't know how to put their ish together and fight for themselves due to low self esteem. When you see the way some black immigrants behave, you will want to enter a sinkhole and disappear completely.

3 Likes

Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by PharmacyStore: 1:11pm On Aug 09, 2022
Very interesting read
Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by Crafteck1: 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2022
Funny thing is most of you dont realise the boss gets bullied the most
Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by Iamyemmie: 1:38pm On Aug 09, 2022
I remember when I worked as a pharmacist at a pharmacy store
And my boss was telling me that I would be going to market to procure drugs o(that one no even pain me)

Until he said when customers come I am meant to go towards them ,help them carry baskets while they shop because it is half store/half pharmacy that I need to be emotionally intelligent (I don’t even know what the F*ck that means)
Meanwhile I was working 9am to 9pm
With all my years in school ,I should be doing sales girl work undecided

I didn’t even resign or anything
I just stopped going
They called me tire

3 Likes

Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by dosage150(m): 2:39pm On Aug 09, 2022
I was depressed due to treatment from my senior colleague who is meant to put me through on training before I will be posted to my own location

This guy showed me shege
If I ask question, problem
If I no ask, no problem

In his words
"If you don't know this job, you can go back to village"
"I can't be working , you will be collecting salary all in the name of training"
"Anything you spoil here, I must follow it up till you pay it"
"Oga no be to know book, na practical"
"Are you this senseless and dull, no you can't do this job"

With his kpomo lips like pig nyash angry angry

Even when I was doing my best
Practicing on my own
I calmed down till I get to master the skill
We to work in one of our offices because we are into ICT

While in the server room
I asked question
Before he could open his mouth to rant

I asked him never to repeat such again
Unless both of us will loose the job now
I asked him if he knew me before?
If we had any issues before?
I kept quiet to know if he was gingering me but I have seen that I am part of his job

I shouted at him that security personnels came to calm me
Baba shock and threatened me that he will report me to boss

The next day
Boss never called me
I reported myself on the second day

Boss revealed to me that he came the previous day telling him that it's time to post me out (he want to fraustrate me the more when I come to seek his help)

Boss called him
Admonished us
A month later
Am now in my own office,

By the grace of God, am working independently without his help

We just greet, but no discussion between us
The way he talks to me now
Hahahahahaha

7 Likes

Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by sonnie10: 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2022
Iamyemmie:
And my boss was telling me that I would be going to market to procure drugs o(that one no even pain me)

Until he said when customers come I am meant to go towards them ,help them carry baskets while they shop because it is half store/half pharmacy that I need to be emotionally intelligent (I don’t even know what the F*ck that means)

I didn’t even resign or anything
I just stopped going
They called me tire
Chai! That was so disrespectful.

Unhealthy workplace could lead to high turnover rate of workers. Unsatisfied job has been linked to reduced productivity and even purposeful missed days of work.
Bullying can be vertical or horizontal, that is either from superior, colleagues or subordinates. For instance, your boss, fellow pharmacists and the pharmacy technicians. Each of them fitting into the different levels.

One helpful way to address bullying is by purposeful rehearsals. By purposeful rehearsals I mean getting yourself prepared with how to respond in a more civil and composed manner.

What a bully hates most is when you do not react in negative and emotional way. The way to appear calm is to prepare your response.

For instance, in the case of being belittled by asking you to perform duties that are below your job expectations, you could respond by asking for a review of you job description .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by kebliss(m): 5:54pm On Aug 09, 2022
RepairZoneNaira:
ill track lost or stolen phones at affordable rate
Where is your location?
Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by Qwi1: 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2022
All
Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by Hungerbadoo: 7:35pm On Aug 09, 2022
After taking my bath, i applied some powder and resume work only for my supervisor to ask me to meet him at the dressing room because the Executive Director asked him to examine me because i was smelling. Me wey just bath now now. WTF

3 Likes

Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by OtopDesign(m): 8:12pm On Aug 09, 2022
God knows if any person bully me I go change am for that person or use bottle strengthen the person..

Which kind yeye rubbish b that... even if my boss try am, i go give am him size.. worst thing he will do is to sack me
Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by Mollyrobs123: 9:30pm On Aug 09, 2022
I left my former workplace because of bullying.
In the organization employees are all girls. What would you expect from a place like that. I looked like a treat to them when I joined.
They all thought the boss would like me because I am pretty and smart, so they ganged up against me. Mehn it was tough. But thank God I survived it. The boss ofcus believed all their lies against me and she also started acting up. I couldn't take it anymore so I left
The tension was unbearable.

2 Likes

Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by Viicfuntop(f): 10:02pm On Aug 09, 2022
Iamyemmie:

I [b][/b]didn’t even resign or anything
I just stopped going
They called me tire

Lol
Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by JustforMen: 3:46am On Aug 10, 2022
Crafteck1:
Funny thing is most of you dont realise the boss gets bullied the most

By whom?
Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by Crafteck1: 8:12am On Aug 10, 2022
JustforMen:

By whom?

You pay some workers and they do less than half of their job, not everyone is easily replaceable especially when a job binds your worker with clients.
Some establishment cant sack people with disabilities, nursing mothers or some other funny conditiin or race because of the baclash even when they are not performing optimally.
Most workers take advantage of their job position to commit theft and this can go on for years, have you wondered why drinks in club have stamps?
The average Nigeria worker is ready to run your business to the ground to make some coin.
Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by chiboy1116: 4:02pm On Aug 10, 2022
RepairZoneNaira:

Abuja
hope this isn’t repairpalng lol .
Re: What Other Misconceptions About Workplace Bullying Should We Know About? by IyaTola: 1:08am On Aug 14, 2022
grin
Hungerbadoo:
After taking my bath, i applied some powder and resume work only for my supervisor to ask me to meet him at the dressing room because the Executive Director asked him to examine me because i was smelling. Me wey just bath now now. WTF

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRSC - Passport Not Showing After Reviewing / Cornerstone Insurance Is Recruiting (bancassurance). / My Lackluster Interview Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.