Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video (3007 Views)

Pyrates Confraternity Officially Responds To The Trending Emilokan Video / Tinubu Campaign Team Unhappy With Soyinka's Response To Pyrates Video / Tinubu Unhappy Over Governors Takeover Of APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by COFFINSELLER: 9:54pm On Aug 08, 2022
The APC candidate and members of his team are upset that Soyinka “systematically revealed that Tinubu got Parkinson’s disease.

The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2023 general election, Bola Tinubu, and members of his campaign team are not happy with the statement made by Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, condemning a viral video showing members of the Pyrates Confraternity mocking the former Lagos State Governor, a source told SaharaReporters on Monday night.

In the video, members of the Confraternity during a procession gyrated to an anti-Tinubu song and poked fun at Tinubu for a speech he made in June in Abeokuta, Ogun State, where he asked that power should be handed over to him.

The members of the Pyrates Confraternity sang, “Hand dey shake, leg dey shake, Baba wey no well, e de shout emi lo kan (Hands are shaking, legs are shaking. A sick old man is shouting ‘it’s my turn’).

“Emi lo kan (2ce), Baba wey no well, him dey shout emi lokan (It’s my turn (2ce), a sick old man is shouting ‘it’s my turn’”.

Tinubu, who seemed desperate during the speech had said, ‘Emi lo kan’, meaning ‘It’s my turn’.

He narrated how he consoled President Muhammadu Buhari after he had failed three times to become Nigeria’s President. Eventually, a political alliance spearheaded by Tinubu ensured Buhari won the presidential election in 2015.

However, Soyinka who founded Pyrates Confraternity as a university student in Ibadan, Nigeria, described making a mockery of Tinubu due to his ill-health as distasteful.

“I have listened to the lyrics of the chant intently and I am frankly appalled. I find it distasteful. I belong to a culture where we do not mock physical afflictions or disabilities. Very much the contrary. The Yoruba religion indeed designate a deity, Obatala, as the divine protector of the afflicted, no matter the nature of such affliction. This sensibility is engrained in us from childhood and remains with us all our lives. It operates on the principle of mortal frailty to which all humanity remains vulnerable,” Soyinka earlier said in a statement.

“One of my favorite authors, about whom, by a coincidence, I had cause to write quite recently, was CLR James, author of The Black Jacobins, Beyond A Boundary etc. etc. I called him my ideological uncle. He suffered from Parkinson’s Disease, but remained alert, lucid and combative for decades after the onset of the disease. We interacted politically at the Tanzanian pan-African Congress, the Dakar Festival of Negro Arts and a number of other cultural and political fora.

“We met frequently in his lifetime, dined together in restaurants, despite his challenge. it would be unthinkable, and a desecration of his memory to be part of any activity that mocked his affliction. A further statement will be issued when I have made further enquiries into this strange, uncharacteristic outing of the association.”

However, a close source to Tinubu has told SaharaReporters that the APC candidate and members of his team are upset that Soyinka systematically revealed that Tinubu got Parkinson’s disease, thereby confirming that he’s an invalid candidate.

They are angry that Prof. (Professor Soyinka) revealed too much about Bola Tinubu’s health condition, he added.

History Of Tinubu’s Recent Medical Tourism

In 2021 alone, Tinubu spent over 80 days patronising hospitals in France, the United States and the United Kingdom where he underwent surgeries leaving behind the poorly equipped hospitals in Nigeria led by the APC government.

He was flown out of the country some days before Christmas in 2020 to Paris, France.

There were speculations that he tested positive for COVID-19 but his media aide later denied such reports.

The APC leader returned to Nigeria on January 24, 2021, after a month’s absence from Nigeria.

He then went for a medical check-up on Thursday, June 10, 2021, to France and was conspicuously absent from the one-day working visit of President Muhammadu Buhari to Lagos State.

"Tinubu is in Paris, France for a medical checkup. His health is deteriorating due to old age," a top source had told SaharaReporters.

Tinubu, amid death rumours, was forced to return to the country on Tuesday, June 15, 2021.

SaharaReporters also reported that Tinubu was hospitalised in Maryland, the United States in July 2021 where he had knee surgery.

“Tinubu is hospitalised in Maryland, US. His health is failing. He couldn’t participate in launching his Arewa library, and he couldn’t participate in the Local Government Area elections last week. He could not attend today’s APC congress due to health reasons.

“He had a surgery last week,” an authoritative source had disclosed at the time.

On August 9, 2021, Tinubu had another knee surgery at the John Hopkins University Hospital in Maryland, the United States.

The APC chieftain, it was learnt, left the US for the United Kingdom on crutches, a few days after the surgery.

Sources close to Tinubu had told SaharaReporters that he wanted the surgery in Paris, France but changed his plan over rumours of his death.

“Tinubu had his second surgery at John Hopkins University in Maryland recently. He was accompanied by a popular Nigerian doctor in Chicago. He had wanted the surgery in Paris but when rumour was rife about his death, he hurriedly left for Nigeria and went to John Hopkins,” one of the sources had said.

"He left the US for the UK on crutches," another source had revealed.

In 2021, the President paid a visit to Tinubu in London and the latter was seen with a walking stick during Buhari’s visit, confirming SaharaReporters’ story that he underwent a second surgery in the United States.

Tinubu currently toes the path of President Buhari, who himself has spent hundreds of days on medical leave in the United Kingdom since he assumed office in 2015.

https://saharareporters.com/articles/breaking-tinubu-campaign-team-unhappy-soyinkas-response-pyrates-confraternitys-gyration

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by ThrownBack: 9:55pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hand dey shake oo
Leg dey shake,
Baba wey no well,
E de shout emi lo kan
(2ce)

grin grin grin

Click like if you think Tinubu is older than The Erudite professor, Wole Soyinka.

46 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by NwaNimo1(m): 9:57pm On Aug 08, 2022

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by Righthussle: 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2022
A SOUTHERNER must be president come 2023.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by Realtalk20: 9:59pm On Aug 08, 2022
Every enlightened and educated Nigerian already knew from the vigorous tremors and sometimes slurry speech that it is Parkinsons disease but no need to make fun of him...

We just don't want such as president . We need someone who has sharp health and intellectual faculty

Please I stan with Obi ... And surely he will be out next president.. OBIDIENT we stand!!

But irrespective of anyone comes here to make fun of this man and his disease I will throw caution to the wind and insult you badly

Thank you

Have some decency ! We are POLITICAL opponents not combatants.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by Trinitycian: 10:01pm On Aug 08, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by Massiveglory: 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2022
2023 elections will really show us those that really need Psychiatric treatment. Because I don't know how a sound Nigerian will push for tinubu .

13 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by Pandev(m): 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2022
Frustrated Sowore and his desperate bandwagon again.

Everybody should study and know the character of leaders/politicians they support. Tinubu will never react hastily to this kind of shit. It is even possible that Prof Soyinka never issued any statement on the said circulated video in the first place. One must be intelligent enough to know that the number one on the list of the strategies enemy of Tinubu (ipob terrorists) plan to use for 2023 elections is SOCIAL MEDIA SHENANIGANS AND PROPAGANDA. Asiwaju has done it before, he'll do it again and wailers shall get their wailing license renewed free of charge come next year. cheesy

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by ThrownBack: 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2022
Realtalk20:
Every enlightened and educated Nigerian already knew from the vigorous tremors and sometimes slurry speech that it is Parkinsons disease but no need to make fun of him...

We just don't want such as president . We need someone who has sharp health and intellectual faculty

Please I stan with Obi ... And surely he will be out next president.. OBIDIENT we stand!!

But irrespective of anyone comes here to make fun of this man and his disease I will throw caution to the wind and insult you badly

Thank you

Then Tinubu should respect himself and leave our political space instead of spreading bribery and corruption and spoiling the chances of decent candidates like Osinbajo.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by paramakina202: 10:03pm On Aug 08, 2022
Make baba wey no well respect himself and take a rest.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by SadiqBabaSani: 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2022
I pray for Tinubu to recover quickly, let him go n rest and deploy his support for Peter Obi

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by JJfrank22(m): 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2022
PARKINSON DISEASE

Is it true he has it
cool cool

Even the country self has it, is like is becoming transferrable abi

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by Realtalk20: 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2022
ThrownBack:

Then Tinubu should respect himself and leave our political space instead of spreading bribery and corruption and spoiling the chances of decent candidates like Osinbajo.

How does this thing you typed justify acting like a hooligan?

Only a hooligan and an uncouth iliterate animal would make fun of someone suffering from Parkinson's disease!!

We Obi supporters are not touts nor are we hooligans. It's only Tinubu supporters pretending to be Obi supporters that will make fun of such just to give us a bad name.

So pls if you are one of such pretenders avoid this thread...

Take your hooliganism to the bus park

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by chigoziri2403(m): 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2022
Why are his handlers hiding his sickness?
Is it a crime to be sick
It's obvious Ahmed Tinubu is not physically fit for rigorous activities and is debilitated
They are just patching him
How they will patch him for 8 years if he wins would be like lai Muhammad defending this administration

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by Realtalk20: 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2022
chigoziri2403:
Why are his handlers hiding his sickness?
Is it a crime to be sick
It's obvious Ahmed Tinubu is not physically fit for rigorous activities and is debilitated
They are just patching him
How they will patch him for 8 years if he wins would be like lai Muhammad defending this administration

My bro ,he neevr asked to be sick. It is his right to run for presidency sick or not. Of the system is comprised enough to allow such a dick man run then so be it.
All we can do is keep supporting Obi but wish Asiwaju the best and pray he gets good medical care he deserves.

Vote Obi Yusuf 2023

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by diadem10: 10:15pm On Aug 08, 2022
Propaganda
Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by Abfinest007(m): 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2022
Sorry he has to face d humiliation since refused to retire n play with his grand kids at home .d final humiliation await him come 2023

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 08, 2022
It's natural to be old and weak. We all pray to get old and bow out but is evil to to punish Nigerians with the weakness of old age. That's exactly what Tinubu is doing.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by freshpzy1(m): 10:27pm On Aug 08, 2022
instead of replying to this topic

i will create my topic

2023 election will be interesting

like some1 should be taught a lesson

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by freshpzy1(m): 10:28pm On Aug 08, 2022
instead of replying to this topic

i will create my topic

2023 election will be interesting

like some1 should be taught a lesson
Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by Fkmodhi: 10:32pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hand dey shake, leg dey shake, Baba wey no well, e de shout emi lo kan (Hands are shaking, legs are shaking. A sick old man is shouting ‘it’s my turn’).
And yet we have some foolish youths on this forum still supporting him smh.
#OBIDIENTS 2023.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 08, 2022
It's natural to be old and weak. We all pray to get old and bow out but is evil to to punish Nigerians with the weakness of old age. That's exactly what Tinubu is doing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by toneroforever(m): 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2022
Realtalk20:

Thank you

U r right. We shouldn't make fun of his ill health. Hope he respects himself and withdraw from the race so he can attend to his health.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by chigoziri2403(m): 11:37pm On Aug 08, 2022
Realtalk20:

My bro ,he neevr asked to be sick. It is his right to run for presidency sick or not. Of the system is comprised enough to allow such a dick man run then so be it.
All we can do is keep supporting Obi but wish Asiwaju the best and pray he gets good medical care he deserves.

Vote Obi Yusuf 2023
He never prayed to be sick, but in all honesty, Nigeria right now don't need another leader who will spend one quarter of his tenure in the beds of foreign hospitals
I sincerely wish him good health, but a repetition will crumble this country
If eventually he wins, this country would be administered on proxy

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by Obojuju: 11:38pm On Aug 08, 2022
Honestly Soyinka exposed and brought to the fore Tinubu's ill-health. So scary and it will badly hurt Tinubu's campaign.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by SEGLIZ: 11:59pm On Aug 08, 2022
Righthussle:
A SOUTHERNER must be president come 2023.
yes it is a must buy not èmi lo kan.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by femisplash: 12:28am On Aug 09, 2022
Rumors of his death by who?.. Sahara desert on the beat. Tinubu has never hidden the fact that he went for a knee surgery in France. Only a Pandora fool would believe this dose of junk journalism.
Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by Realtalk20: 12:41am On Aug 09, 2022
chigoziri2403:

He never prayed to be sick, but in all honesty, Nigeria right now don't need another leader who will spend one quarter of his tenure in the beds of foreign hospitals
I sincerely wish him good health, but a repetition will crumble this country
If eventually he wins, this country would be administered on proxy

Well said bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by Billygee2u: 1:09am On Aug 09, 2022
Pandev:
Frustrated Sowore and his desperate bandwagon again.

Everybody should study and know the character of leaders/politicians they support. Tinubu will never react hastily to this kind of shit. It is even possible that Prof Soyinka never issued any statement on the said circulated video in the first place. One must be intelligent enough to know that the number one on the list of the strategies enemy of Tinubu (ipob terrorists) plan to use for 2023 elections is SOCIAL MEDIA SHENANIGANS AND PROPAGANDA. Asiwaju has done it before, he'll do it again and wailers shall get their wailing license renewed free of charge come next year. cheesy
You must be h.opeless to support such a man to rule you in this 21 century.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by michelz: 1:12am On Aug 09, 2022
I pity the guy above, Pandev; next year, as usual, he would create a new moniker and continue his begging career on Nairaland.
Meanwhile, I just can't seem to forgive Tinumbu for this:
What a desecration! He deserves to be stripped and flogged like someone who stole an Oriamo charger.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by Billygee2u: 1:13am On Aug 09, 2022
Fkmodhi:
Hand dey shake, leg dey shake, Baba wey no well, e de shout emi lo kan (Hands are shaking, legs are shaking. A sick old man is shouting ‘it’s my turn’).
And yet we have some foolish youths on this forum still supporting him smh.
#OBIDIENTS 2023.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Unhappy With Soyinka’s Response To Pyrates Gyration Video by plaindealer: 1:16am On Aug 09, 2022
However, a close source to Tinubu has told SaharaReporters that the APC candidate and members of his team are upset that Soyinka “systematically revealed that Tinubu got Parkinson’s disease, thereby confirming that he’s an invalid candidate.”

When you want to lie and spread fake rubbish without facts, you hide under close source.

Close source means fake, no facts or corroboration, the usual SR gimmick.

This is fake news from hell..

grin grin

(1) (2)

Peter Obi Reaction As National Anthem Was Sung (photo) / Tinubu Photoshop Ebuka Uchendu's Picture As His — Dino Melaye Reacts / Yinka Craig Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.