Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,843 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects (8009 Views)

Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju / Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together / Kano Rerun: Ganduje Embarks On Emergency Road Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by fasho01(m): 5:54am On Aug 09, 2022
I know people were expecting to hear tinubu in his narrative

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by captainamiedi1: 5:58am On Aug 09, 2022
rusher14:

Clear it to where?

What is the job of lawma? Can it be a private business? Then enforce citizens to register like Fashola did it?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by rusher14: 5:59am On Aug 09, 2022
captainamiedi1:

What is the job of lawma? Can it be a private business? Then enforce citizens to register like Fashola did it?

It is Lawma Sanwo-olu is referring to.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 09, 2022
Emergency management like funding BAT’s presidential campaign grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by captainamiedi1: 6:04am On Aug 09, 2022
rusher14:

It is Lawma Sanwo-olu is referring to.

Why is lawma a govt affair? During Ambode was it not a govt-private partnership? Why spending so much in it monthly? During Fashola era, I paid lawma fee monthly currently I can't even see them na aboki they everywhere dey carry dustbin and them go dump am for canal when go later cause flooding

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by rusher14: 6:06am On Aug 09, 2022
captainamiedi1:

Why is lawma a govt affair? During Ambode was it not a govt-private partnership? Why spending so much in it monthly? During Fashola era, I paid lawma fee monthly currently I can't even see them na aboki they everywhere dey carry dustbin and them go dump am for canal when go later cause flooding

So Lawma doesn't function any more?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by InvertedHammer: 6:07am On Aug 09, 2022
/
Everyone is collecting from C-curve Emi lokan while they still can. Don't expect anything meaningful to happen in Lagos until after the election. Time to cash out. Take your share and vote your conscience afterall it is una money they looted.

/
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Bujillion: 6:07am On Aug 09, 2022
I believe God Father's and the godfather are eating the state blind.
Daily emergencies and clearing refuse is an Agbado and Ewa excuse

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Reference(m): 6:28am On Aug 09, 2022
Until the results of financial audits is published no one can prove or disprove anything. That should have been the demand of the interviewer and that should be the demand of the ordinary tax payer.

To believe what a politician says is to be sold down the river. None of them tells the truth, not even in developed societies with much more scrutiny and accountability.

No one will have known that over a billion was spent on Landcruiser SUV's to Niger Republic if not for journalistic sleuth. Government will only be accountable to the extent of citizen advocacy for accountability and the lead to this is the burden of taxation in the midst of growing poverty.

So may the taxation increase and burdens on the people weigh heavier till they wake up.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by kingthreat(m): 6:35am On Aug 09, 2022
It is troubling that someone from an erosion-ridden state is criticizing Lagos as their problem.
Las las, we all will go back to where we came from.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by LegalWolf: 6:39am On Aug 09, 2022
SmartPolician:
Come on, Mr. Governor. 50 billion a month is a lot of money. Some states don't even generate that in years. Despite that, Lagos State is still taking bonds and loans. undecided

That's even more disturbing is that the projects LASG gets praised for on Nairaland executing are more PPP projects.

In PPP, have you forgotten that the first P stands for “public”?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by LegalWolf: 6:41am On Aug 09, 2022
djsteplion:

A lot of people believe that Sanwo olu is actually working. Whereas if you checked all he has done so far, it's more or less a smart way of looting. Just like the trucks he said he purchased, must have contracted the purchase to himself or his political bosses.
75% of the projects he has commissioned so far, range from buildings to vehicles,which doesn't necessarily have a positive impact on the average Lagosian.
Most of which he must have contracted to himself or his boss.

Just imagine.. 50 billion for clearing refuse and emergencies..

Although, if some other state governors had this huge amount of money entering their state, they will do worse..

Are you in Lagos? Are you telling me the Lagos-Badagry express way does not have an impact on people? Are you telling me the inner roads construction in ilupeju, yaba, ebutte-metta (west) does not have impact on people? What are you saying for god sake?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Doyou2019: 6:48am On Aug 09, 2022
michelz:
Lagosians are yet to open their eyes to the massive looting going on by Tinumbu and his cabals in Lagos. When and if they come to the realization, maybe that man of over 32 years, called Villa 12, begging all over Nairaland without any atom of shame and still supporting Tinumbu , would be delivered from the spell cast on him and his generation.
grin Baba say him spend 50billion monthly on detty wey full every corner from the jungle streets of Mushin to the dirty gutters in Agege . Him say he spend 50billion on emergency services wey dey non-existent.. Orisirisi.
Well, Eko go nau. Lagosians are mumus! Because half the things Pa Tinubu and his Governors get away with in Lagos, I doubt my Ibadan people (never mind the whole of Oyo State) could stomach it for 23 years!

Open your books, Mr Governor. Let's see whose pockets our hard-earned taxpayers 'money dey enter really. You owe us that much.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by BabaO2: 6:59am On Aug 09, 2022
Good one Sanwoolu
He spoke to the issues

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Amayabor1: 7:00am On Aug 09, 2022
Few weeks ago, i commented on Nairaland that the money Lagos generates (and is capable of generating) doesn't commensurate with the infrastructure in that state, one mofo said i am putting my mouth in the affairs of a state that i am not from.

The truth is that Tinubu has enslaved many Yoruba Lagosians mentally and financially. They can't think for themselves. They don't know what they ought to be benefitting from a state like Lagos. Una dooh!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Doyou2019: 7:16am On Aug 09, 2022
Moferere:
Money well spent.

If you are not OK with the explanation, go and ask Ikpeazu what he does with his IGR

I'm from Oyo State but I pay my taxes here in Lagos, where I was born and have spent over 30years of my life. Why do I have to go back to Ibadan to ask Mr. Seyi Makinde the stupid question you just posted on a faceless forum?
Get sense na. I believe, that as adults, we should all be able to muster the intelligence of a 10-year-old at least.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by IbomFinest: 7:17am On Aug 09, 2022
GamalNasser:
Clearing which refuse? Tinubu must be the emergency
Vowlence man grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by obi58: 7:26am On Aug 09, 2022
SmartPolician:
Come on, Mr. Governor. 50 billion a month is a lot of money. Some states don't even generate that in years. Despite that, Lagos State is still taking bonds and loans. undecided

That's even more disturbing is that the projects LASG gets praised for on Nairaland executing are more PPP projects.

That's the beauty of the scam being pulled. Steal plenty money in grossly inflated PPP projects only to concession it out to their cronies in the private sector. Literally using our commonwealth to build their blood money.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Alawode01(m): 7:28am On Aug 09, 2022
Economy Boaster,boast Lagos igr from #600 to N50b monthly the haters still they talk,why they didn't do their own so and be taking it too, bunch of nomads.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Corto: 7:30am On Aug 09, 2022
Tell that to all the imbecilic electronic rats since their salary comes out of there, as well as money for cocaine and Loud
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by shiwex: 7:34am On Aug 09, 2022
AND on Tinubu.....A lot of fools say Lagos is making this /that...compare Lagos to other cities like it, lagos is making nothing...

​1. Johannesburg (South Africa): $276 billion. ...
​Cape Town (South Africa): $155 billion. ...
Cairo (Egypt): $140 billion. ...
Lagos (Nigeria): $108 billion. ...
Durban (South Africa): $55 billion. ...
Nairobi (Kenya): $54 billion. ...
Luanda (Angola): $49 billion. ...
Pretoria (South Africa): $48 billion.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Corto: 7:38am On Aug 09, 2022
rusher14:
Speaking further, the governor said “we are building 16-18 kilometers of rigid pavement roads which run into tens of billions. We are building the biggest market in the country in Lagos,” Mr Sanwo-Olu said.

Olosha ni Mr. Governor
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Saao(m): 7:42am On Aug 09, 2022
I paid for lawma every month to clear my waste, and the government is spending over 1 billion? Maybe I don't understand, someone should explain to please

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by RexTramadol1: 8:09am On Aug 09, 2022
djsteplion:

A lot of people believe that Sanwo olu is actually working. Whereas if you checked all he has done so far, it's more or less a smart way of looting. Just like the trucks he said he purchased, must have contracted the purchase to himself or his political bosses.
75% of the projects he has commissioned so far, range from buildings to vehicles,which doesn't necessarily have a positive impact on the average Lagosian.
Most of which he must have contracted to himself or his boss.

Just imagine.. 50 billion for clearing refuse and emergencies..

Although, if some other state governors had this huge amount of money entering their state, they will do worse..

Refurbished vehicles though
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Advancedman(m): 8:10am On Aug 09, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by odun51587: 8:11am On Aug 09, 2022
If another party takes Lagos Tinubu will not be able to fuel his cars after 2 yearsIf another party takes Lagos Tinubu will not be able to fuel his cars after 2 years...

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by PointZerom: 8:13am On Aug 09, 2022
rusher14:
Speaking further, the governor said “we are building 16-18 kilometers of rigid pavement roads which run into tens of billions. We are building the biggest market in the country in Lagos,” Mr Sanwo-Olu said.

Where is he building the biggest market in the country. Don't forget that the biggest market in West Africa is in Igbo land.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by SmartPolician: 8:24am On Aug 09, 2022
michelz:
Lagosians are yet to open their eyes to the massive looting going on by Tinumbu and his cabals in Lagos. When and if they come to the realization, maybe that man of over 32 years, called Villa 12, begging all over Nairaland without any atom of shame and still supporting Tinumbu , would be delivered from the spell cast on him and his generation.

Lagosians are divided into two:

1. The non-Yoruba residents (mostly Igbos) who want to take power away from the APC and give it to another party because they believe that Tinubu is stealing so much from the state and imposing his stooges to facilitate the looting process. They are chiefly business owners and some work in federal government agencies. The business owners among them believe that they pay too much tax in Lagos and want a taste of another party.

2. The Yoruba natives who come from all the 6 states in South West and beyond. This set fears that if the opposition wins, their enemies, chiefly the Igbos, will take over the helm of affairs of their strategic state using fellow Yoruba weaklings who they dictate to. They don't mind Tinubu emptying the treasury of Lagos so long as the visitors (which some consider enemies) don't win the election. Mind you, some Yoruba natives who own businesses also want to kick out the party in power, but their number is infinitesimal.

Why Lagos is where it is today is that the second category has the vast majority and will always vote for APC - even if they bring in a goat or rat to contest for governorship. Therefore, it will be extremely difficult, if not impossible, for the opposition to win Lagos State.

So, you now understand the problem of Lagos. The next time you say Lagosians, you should be specific

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Moferere: 8:25am On Aug 09, 2022
Doyou2019:

I'm from Oyo State but I pay my taxes here in Lagos, where I was born and have spent over 30years of my life. Why do I have to go back to Ibadan to ask Mr. Seyi Makinde the stupid question you just posted on a faceless forum?
Get sense na. I believe, that as adults, we should all be able to muster the intelligence of a 10-year-old at least.

Let me take your response one after the other, line by line.
1. You are not from Oyo. Oyo people are known to be a well cultured set of people.
2. You are not 30 years, if probably you are near 30, then you are not well raised.
3. You don't pay taxes, prove me otherwise by posting your tax clearance certificates here.
4. I read my response again, at no time did I ask any questions.

Illiterate People of Biafra dey disguise undecided
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Doyou2019: 8:28am On Aug 09, 2022
Moferere:

Let me take your response one after the other, line by line.
1. You are not from Oyo. Oyo people are known to be a well cultured set of people.
2. You are not 30 years, if probably you are near 30, then you are not well raised.
3. You don't pay taxes, prove me otherwise by posting your tax clearance certificates here.
4. I read my response again, at no time did I ask any questions.

Illiterate People of Biafra dey disguise undecided

grin grin grin
Oniyeye! He wants to see my tax clearance certificate. grin
Again, you just displayed the intelligence of a boy younger than 10; shifting away from the discourse and going personal, whilst throwing aimless tantrums about.
Try acting your age, omode yii..It doesn't hurt; trust me grin
Let us learn to conduct ourselves as responsible adults. No point acting like an idiot on a faceless forum. That only portrays you as uncivilized..
Just read again the nonsense you just posted about someone you don't even know. Are you more Oyo than I? Do you know me at all? Even my 7-year knows better than to think anyone who doesn't agree with him has to be from another ethnic group. .
Grow up, boy.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by murmee: 9:13am On Aug 09, 2022
SmartPolician:

What's even more disturbing is that the projects LASG gets praised for on Nairaland are more of PPP projects.
Exactly. People pay N1,000 per flat and N1,500 per duplex to LAWMA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan's Mid-term Report photos by Aminho / PDP Heading For Self Destruction In Kogi East, Youths Warn / Alimosho Assures Sanwo-olu 500,000 Votes During Governorship Election In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.