Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

2023: Guard Against Campaign Of Calumny, Barr. Ikpo Charges Unit Co-ordinators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Guard Against Campaign Of Calumny, Barr. Ikpo Charges Unit Co-ordinators (157 Views)

2023:Barr Ikpo Inaugurates Four Structures, Tasks Them To Hit The Ground Running / Ministerial Appointment: Amaechi Raises Alarm Over Planned Campaign Of Calumny / Ajimobi Warns Oyo Governor-elect Against Campaign Of Calumny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2023: Guard Against Campaign Of Calumny, Barr. Ikpo Charges Unit Co-ordinators by Nwokomaizuchi: 7:56am On Aug 09, 2022
As political parties and their candidates perfect strategies to win the 2023 general election, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, for Isiala Ngwa North/South Federal Constituency, has inaugurated Unit Co-ordinators with a charge on them to shun attacks.

One thousand one hundred and twenty APC faithful from the 158 polling Units in Isiala Ngwa North, LGA of Abia State, were inaugurated as unit co-ordinators while they affirmed their resolve to canvass for supporters cum votes for the purpose of winning election.

Addressing the newly inaugurated Unit Co-ordinators at an event held at Umuomainta Women Hall, Nbawsi, Barr Chijioke Ikpo said the inauguration of the Unit Co-ordinators can be likened to the commissioning of the 12 in the scripture who were given the mandate to win souls for the kingdom of God, urging them to tow the same line and win supporters cum votes for him.

He said they were selected after thorough scrutiny and recommendations from the party hierarchy that they have all it takes to deliver the mandate given to them, admonishing them to endure hunger and work with passion with a view to securing victory in the 2023 general election.

Barr Ikpo, who said it was wrong to continue making the same mistake over time, stated that the time has come to try people with fresh ideas on how to change the system, stressing that Abia State can no longer continue to thrive on lies and falsehood as the people deserve better living conditions amid harsh economic realities.

He said unlike other politicians who make ambiguous promises but deliver none to the people, he will by the grace of God, ensure that all that is due to the people of Isiala Ngwa North and South Federal Constituencies get to them without protocols.

In his words, Ikpo said, "Other politicians who have been in governance for years are at it again, making promises that cannot be actualised. I wonder if it is now that they will make a difference. It is time to try fresh individuals kwith great desire and passion to serve the people."

"I perfectly understand the plights of the people. I assure you today that if voted, I will keep to the agreement I have reached with you today, I am an agreement man."

Barr. Ikpo charged the newly inaugurated party faithful to shun campaign of calumny, attacks and unnecessary brawls in the process of canvassing for votes, but pray to God to give them victory in event of any attack targeted at them.

He said 2023 general election will be symbolic in that it will be a departure from previous elections where ballot boxes are snatched and the wishes of the people are suppressed, stating that with the New Electoral Act in place, their votes will count, expressing optimism that the party will use the broom in their hands and sweep away bad government in Abia.

Barr. Ikpo, thanked the party executives for their sacrifices, the crowd that trooped out to pledge their resolve to work for him, emphasising that APC is one big family as there are no factions in the party.

On his part, the Campaign DG , Hon. Joshua Onyenkwere, charged them to be outspoken in their campaign as their principal has not held any political position nor embezzled the resource of the State, stressing that these testimonies place him above other contestants.

He said they were selected based on the sacrifices they have made over time, admonishing them to shun acts that will put to question their loyalty as they will approached by other politicians who will promise them heaven on earth.

In their separate speeches, those inaugurated (Mrs Onyiyechi Kingsley and Elder Loveday Nwanaro), pledged their resolve to work for him with vigour and achieve his dream of representing Isiala Ngwa North/South Federal Constituency.

Correspondent reports that party leaders, stakeholders, excos from the LGA, witnessed the inauguration.

1 Share

Re: 2023: Guard Against Campaign Of Calumny, Barr. Ikpo Charges Unit Co-ordinators by apache22b: 8:09am On Aug 09, 2022
I see some Obidient urchins being dismayed and masturbating with the viral song Emilokan, to set the record straight. All Peter Obi supporters will be disappointed come February 2023 election because Tinubu must be the next President of this Country.

All Nigerian youths i implore everyone to come out and vote massively for Tinubu. He's been ordained by god already to take us to the promise land, Peter Obi is a failure and will continue to fail.

Falseprophet1 confirmed it already

Youths let us all say No to Peter Obi and their imaginary Obidient's. Enough is Enough

(1) (Reply)

A Plea To My Fellow Igbos On Peter Obi Presidency And Advice To Yorubas / Let's Work Together / Wike Denies Lawsuit Against Atiku, Tambuwal Over PDP Presidential Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.