Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested (46280 Views)

Policemen Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Emohua, Rivers Arrested / Househelp Who Fled With Her Madam's Son In Lagos Arrested In Ogun / Policemen Who Assaulted Tola Azeez Dismissed In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by nlfpmod: 8:15am On Aug 09, 2022
Two policemen have been arrested after being caught on camera harassing people by forcefully checking their phones.

A Twitter user, Chinedu had taken to his timeline to share a video of the policemen harassing one of his friends.

“Is there anything new under the sun?

“My friend was harassed by the police today while he was on his way for a photo shoot
,” he captioned the video.

Explaining how the incident happened, the voice of a man suspected to be the victim, was heard saying: “So, I was going for a job, this policeman stopped me, collected my phone and was searching me. But the Inspector-General of police said on Twitter that you should not search my phone. Why are you searching my phone?”

Speaking on the matter, the Lagos Police Command said the officers searched the phones under the guise of carrying out a stop and search.

One of the officers was identified as Opeyemi Kadiri, with force number 509745.

Displeased with the policemen’s conduct, Lagos Police Commissioner Abiodun Alabi ordered the immediate arrest of the officers, as he vowed not to tolerate harassment by his men.

Sharing an update on the matter, the Police Spokesperson in Lagos, Benjamin Hundeyin said the officers would be investigated and prosecuted.

“The officer who searched the civilian’s phone has been handed over to the provost for disciplinary action, pending their transfer to Force Headquarters, Abuja, for further disciplinary measures.

The video clearly shows assault on the part of the officer. Further, it was established that there was no extortion, nor was there any arrest or detention,” Hundeyin added.

Prior to this development, the Lagos police spokesperson affirmed that no office has the right to search the phones belonging to members of the public.

According to Hundeyin, any officer that engages in such is not a policeman, but a scavenger.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/metro/policemen-caught-on-camera-searching-peoples-phones-arrested/rns3p5j

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7263584/policeman-caught-demanding-someones-phone

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by Totilopussylick(m): 8:16am On Aug 09, 2022
This is when the hunter became meat for the bushmeat tongue

251 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by Fira09(m): 8:16am On Aug 09, 2022
Nice one from Nigerian Police Force wink

Atleast this will also ensure other Nigerian Police to obey common laws.

346 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by Samuelnze(m): 8:17am On Aug 09, 2022
Time to dance to the tune of the law

37 Likes

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by Riversstate: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2022
Very good

I like how they are trying to reorganize the police force now.

But I know Nigerian police officers >>> Soon they will use a different means to still be doing their wicked act and making sure no evidence comes up undecided

179 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by UptownVibes(m): 8:19am On Aug 09, 2022
Nice one..

6 Likes

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by omooba969(m): 8:19am On Aug 09, 2022
Finally, the bad eggs amongst them are being sorted. You would think these set of illiterates in uniform did not receive training during recruitment, but they choose to show total disregard for the rules of engagement.

Dirty thugs in uniform, that's what they are. cool

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by BrownRoofRep: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2022
Good.
He should be publicly flogged so as to show an example of what will befall on further defaulters.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:19am On Aug 09, 2022
Good.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by Faber(m): 8:19am On Aug 09, 2022
Good

Agbado Policemen. Like their Master Cardinal Cassavani Agbadola(Jaga Jaga)

Hand dey shake, leg dey shake, nyash dey leak,
Baba wey no well, e come dey shout...emi Lokan grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by VeryWickedMan: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2022
Opeyemi Kadiri is an Amotekun operative

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by SenatePresdo(m): 8:19am On Aug 09, 2022
Some people get mind oh.

Anytime I encounter police on the Road, I technically see them as armed Robbers.

I would do whatever they ask me to, even if they steal my phone, I will leave it for them.

A police officer once threatened to beat the hell out of me if I don't admit that I'm a yahoo boy, simply because he checked my phone and couldn't see anything that would implicate me.

I can't argue with armed robbers oh, so that someone's pictures won't grace the front page of Nairaland.

26 Likes

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by Qtrpst4: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2022
At least the police is making efforts to clean themselves, when will nigerian army start their own? Abi nah only to dey recruit boko haram dem sabi

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by PericomaNwankwo: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2022
If only Eastern states will emulate this from Lagos

12 Likes

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by symbianDON(m): 8:20am On Aug 09, 2022
Very good!!

1 Like

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by Boyooosa(m): 8:20am On Aug 09, 2022
Better

1 Like

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by inoki247: 8:20am On Aug 09, 2022
Since he no fit listen to simple instructions and him work don tire him dem go use him du example....

6 Likes

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by Judolisco(m): 8:20am On Aug 09, 2022
Who buy am? Trouble dey sleep yanga go wake am.... Iswr the moment you give Nigerians small opportunity they start oppressing you, because they gave you gun and uniform , u started oppressing d youths... Because tinubu won election in lagos state in 1999 he decided to lock it up and kept the key in his pocket.... Nigerians ehn

5 Likes

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by TimmyTen(m): 8:20am On Aug 09, 2022
Nah so d tin b everywhere
Na only God go help pesin
Naija police go even arrest u if u use Nokia battery for Android phone talk say nah breach of contract

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by gfon(m): 8:20am On Aug 09, 2022
I said this in the other thread. Kudos to the current police Boss

9 Likes

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by Toneypen247(m): 8:21am On Aug 09, 2022
H
Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by 2blessed01(m): 8:21am On Aug 09, 2022
Good

1 Like

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by AmazingELixir: 8:22am On Aug 09, 2022
grin

Wait ooh! Is that these police officers are ignorant of the instructions issued by the IGP or they are just plainly acting stupid.

There has to be routine psychological evaluation of these security personnel..The indiscipline is just too much.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by Apili: 8:22am On Aug 09, 2022
This news just dey sweet me I swear cool grin

7 Likes

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by Secondly: 8:22am On Aug 09, 2022
Fira09:
Nice one from Nigerian Police Force winkAtleast this will also ensure Nigerian Police obey common laws.

You are so right.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by Enddy50ty(m): 8:22am On Aug 09, 2022
Kudos to the Nigerian Police Complaints Response Unit.
There must be internal disciplinary actions taken against those disOBIdient officers who go against the IG's order.

This is a good way to start the clean up process in the Nigerian Police, the get rid of the bad eggs amongst them.

The Nigerian Army you're next.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by deepwater(f): 8:22am On Aug 09, 2022
Lol
Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by LaSenior: 8:22am On Aug 09, 2022
cheesy
Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by Skillsnigeria: 8:22am On Aug 09, 2022
That's good
Re: Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested by bigdammyj: 8:22am On Aug 09, 2022
Cool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) / Husband Who Strangled His 8-Month Pregnant Wife In Jos Pictured / Lady Seen Fighting Her Husband Over A Sidechic, At A Joint In Ikeja Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.