Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

"He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. (2192 Views)

Man Throws Down His Househelp From A 2-Storey Building In Aba (Photos) / Man Throws 4-Month-Old Son Into River Uti In Niger State / Father Throws His Daughter Into A Septic Tank In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by Intelcorei7: 8:59am On Aug 09, 2022
An NGO has rescued a one-year-old boy who suffered violent abuse in the hands of his father in Akwa Ibom State.

Sam Itauma, Head of Child's Right And Rehabilitation Network (CRARN) who disclosed this in a statement on Friday, July 29, said the toddler was rescued after his father threw him into the bush while claiming that he is possessed by demonic powers.

"A 40 year old man, Mr. Godwin Etim Aweh from Odoro Nkit, Esit Eket, Nigeria has reportedly thrown out his one year old son, Diamond into his backyard bush during a torrential rainfall," the statement read.

"Mr. Aweh who runs a local wine business in Unyenge, Mbo local government area came home during the weekend and told his wife that he was no longer interested in having the child as his son anymore as the child is believed to be possessed by demonic powers

"According to an eyewitness, Ms. Mfon Sunday, the disconsolate mother of the child who is also harboring a three week old son, helplessly watched as her one year old boy cried and squirmed in pains under a heavy downpour.

"The mother of the child is helpless as she is not able to safeguard her child from this monster husband. Anytime she tried to pick the child and keep at home when the husband is around, she will be severely beaten and thrown out of the house too.” Said Ms. Sunday.

"The eyewitness further averred that Mr. Aweh (aka Seven 7 ) is fond of throwing out the young lad when he is back home during the weekends and all entreaties to stop his callous and violent behavior towards his child have fallen on deaf ears.

"An anonymous source called the CRARN rescue team’s hotline and invited them to come and witness what he described as a “horrible sight” in his village. “ Please, come right now and save a life.” The caller unequivocally stressed.

"The CRARN team arrived the scene immediately and rescued the child then rushed him to the emergency unit of the Immanuel General Hospital, Eket where he is being treated for acute pneumonia, malnutrition, anemia and breathing difficulties. Available X-ray shows dislocation and bone fracture at the bilateral limbs of the toddler. The young lad is due for surgery and physiotherapy to rectify the fractured bones."
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/7/akwa-ibom-man-throws-his-one-year-old-son-into-bush-during-heavy-rainfall-claims-the-child-is-possessed-by-demonic-powers.html

Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by NobleSeed(m): 9:06am On Aug 09, 2022
undecided
Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by mariahAngel(f): 9:07am On Aug 09, 2022
How barbaric!

Even wild animals can never be this cruel to their young.

1 Like

Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by Jennyclay(f): 9:08am On Aug 09, 2022
I don't know why people from Akwa-ibom are so stupid and foolish. How would you throw your own child into the bush and tag the child a demon? Bunch of illiterates!

Once I see news like this, I already know it's some foolish people from Akwa-ibom. The government should better do something quick about this barbaric act before they kill all the little children in that state.

Bunch of sickos!!!

5 Likes

Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by Omihanifa: 9:09am On Aug 09, 2022
That akwa ibom nah very funny place. Sometimes Dey behave as if they are still living in the Stone Age. Sometimes ago they accused some children of been witches and some were killed, some were thrown into the forest and some were even abandoned until the foreign media raised alarm about it.

Akwa ibom and witchcraft related stories are 5&6

5 Likes

Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by NaijaGoBetter20: 9:10am On Aug 09, 2022
This thing is common among Christian Ibos.

grin grin grin grin
Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by OVB123: 9:13am On Aug 09, 2022
Wickedness in the highest order. God help the baby in Jesus name.
Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by paulolee(m): 9:23am On Aug 09, 2022
wickedness and stupidity clouded in ignorance.. children are blessing to nature.. I no understand which kain brain this people get self..
Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by paulolee(m): 9:24am On Aug 09, 2022
Omihanifa:
That akwa ibom nah very funny place. Sometimes Dey behave as if they are still living in the Stone Age. Sometimes ago they accused some children of been witches and some were killed, some were thrown into the forest and some were even abandoned until the foreign media raised alarm about it.

Akwa ibom and witchcraft related stories are 5&6
no de generalize bro...few are ignorant n dumb no mean say all are the same

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by VeryWickedMan: 9:26am On Aug 09, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl

Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by Jesse6(m): 9:27am On Aug 09, 2022
Tomorrow now if this boy becomes a public figure na the father go first claim am
Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by nairalanderr: 9:48am On Aug 09, 2022
flog this werey with barb wire soaked in yoruba stew.

nonsense.

Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by adecz: 10:06am On Aug 09, 2022
Why does this only happen in
Cross River and Always Ibom❓❓

This was the Same community that
were notorious for killing twins until
Mary Sellesor came to the scene❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️

This is too heartbreaking & I have
tears cry in my eyes as I read this story.

1 Like

Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by CeazerMafia22(m): 10:48am On Aug 09, 2022
A typical Calabar man believes his problem is in his house. very pathetic set of beings
Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by uglodoh(f): 1:49pm On Aug 09, 2022
Akwa Ibomites and their barbaric belief. When you take a look at the wretched Pastor that would have told the father to throw away the boy is nothing to write home about and usually illiterate. The pastors' places of worship always look like shrine.

The government of Akwa Ibom need to Keep on sensitising these people that children are blessing.

I pray that boy does not suffer permanent deformation.

1 Like

Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2022
The community should take the man to the village square and he should be given 770 lashes of cane made from palm fronds and thorns

3 Likes

Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by Munzy14(m): 5:53am On Aug 10, 2022
mariahAngel:
How barbaric!

Even wild animals can never be this cruel to their young.

When I read, a one year old son and another 3weeks old..smh

Poverty mentality..No child spacing for someone doing a petty trade in a remote area...How will they cope undecided

Now the 1yr old baby takes the blame for family misfortunes..Nwa ka biara uwa ohuru.. lipsrsealed

A lazy and uneducated human is a cancer to the society..Easy to brainwash lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by mariahAngel(f): 10:28am On Aug 10, 2022
Munzy14:

Poverty mentality..No child spacing for someone doing a petty trade in a remote area...How will they cope undecided

Now the 1yr old baby takes the blame for family misfortunes..Nwa ka biara uwa ohuru.. lipsrsealed

A lazy and uneducated human is a cancer to the society..Easy to brainwash lipsrsealed

Situations like that is common in that region; children termed "witches" and cast out by their own parents.
I wonder why the state's government are yet to do something about it. Very unfortunate.
Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by Munzy14(m): 12:28pm On Aug 10, 2022
mariahAngel:

Situations like that is common in that region; children termed "witches" and cast out by their own parents.
I wonder why the state's government are yet to do something about it. Very unfortunate.
You know people don't know when they set themselves into that poverty line with no hope.

Ones they get into it, everything and everyone around them becomes a suspect for their misfortunes... lipsrsealed

In that region, I have the experience first hand...little girls as young as 10 sef amarala ihe wu ikwa iko...It is nothing to them..Na you go run from umu Nwaanyi ndi nke di ri la mature sef ma ya banye na mmeko.. grin
Where I served was a neighbouring village to theirs..Ihe m huru kariri...Typical of ndi Ugwu.

So most times these kind of news wu ihe na aputakari ebe ahu.

Ebe i ga ahu agadi na ebiri nwa nwa ya na akwa iko bia luo ka di na nwunye.. lipsrsealed

A subdued woman wunu onye i ga ewere nwa oburu na afo 9months tufu ya noro na ele gi anya..Maka ya kwuo pim ebiri nna ya wu di ya akuru ya ku tuo na-ala undecided..

Ihe ufodu umu nwaanyi luga si owu di..smh

Mma m ga asi onye gbajo wing ya, ya mewe blame game.. grin
Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by mariahAngel(f): 12:34pm On Aug 10, 2022
Munzy14:

You know people don't know when they set themselves into that poverty line with no hope.

Ones they get into it, everything and everyone around them becomes a suspect for their misfortunes... lipsrsealed

In that region, I have the experience first hand...little girls as young as 10 sef amarala ihe wu ikwa iko...It is nothing to them..Na you go run from umu Nwaanyi ndi nke di ri la mature sef ma ya banye na mmeko.. grin
Where I served was a neighbouring village to theirs..Ihe m huru kariri...Typical of ndi Ugwu.

Ebe i ga ahu agadi na ebiri nwa nwa ya na akwa iko bia luo ka di na nwunye.. lipsrsealed

A subdued woman wunu onye i ga ewere nwa oburu na afo 9months tufu ya noro na ele gi anya..Maka ya kwuo pim ebiri nna ya wu di ya akuru ya ku tuo na-ala undecided..

Na wah o! undecided
Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by Munzy14(m): 1:04pm On Aug 10, 2022
mariahAngel:

Na wah o! undecided

Ishi nini grin
Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by mariahAngel(f): 1:14pm On Aug 10, 2022
Munzy14:

Ishi nini grin

I shi kwanu m kwuo nini? grin
Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by Munzy14(m): 2:22pm On Aug 10, 2022
mariahAngel:

I shi kwanu m kwuo nini? grin
A ta ugba, nñuo mmii, kpa o ji ari ya ari grin grin

1 Like

Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by mariahAngel(f): 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2022
Munzy14:

A ta ugba, nñuo mmii, kpa o ji ari ya ari grin grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by Munzy14(m): 2:31pm On Aug 10, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
A mam na nke ga ato gi ochi cheesy

1 Like

Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by Intelcorei7: 4:55pm On Aug 10, 2022
Antimarraige:
The community should take the man to the village square and he should be given 770 lashes of cane made from palm fronds and thorns
grin grin
Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by Intelcorei7: 9:31pm On Aug 29, 2022
Munzy14:

I dey tell you
Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by Botking: 11:47am On Aug 30, 2022
What is the meaning of this, poverty is a mental problem
Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by Intelcorei7: 7:39am On Sep 18, 2022
mariahAngel:

Very pathetic
Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by ibechris(m): 7:44am On Sep 18, 2022
No wonder I have many Akwaibom people here in Lagos and Abuja.

I have known some of them since 1983,they have never travelled to their village for once. My colleague in the office vowed never to go back to her village after her father's burial.

I don't know what scares them from that side.

I think the state govt should do something to arrest this ugly trend.

People dey find pikin,the ones wey get dey throw them away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "He Is Demonic": Akwa Ibom Man Throws His One-year-old Son Into Bush. by Deo1986(m): 11:24am On Sep 18, 2022
Munzy14:

nka Wu Ezigbote Engligbo! Echefuelem ihe nchori type Na topic a self.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Not Again!!! Nigerians Busted In New Jersey Credit Card Heist >:( / Beware Arinze Damian Chikezie Is A Scammer....a Criminal.. / Three Thieves Caught In Abuja, Stripped Unclad And Beaten (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.