Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Praying With The Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying With The Word (138 Views)

Football Coach Who Was Fired For Praying With Players Wins $2M Settlement / Praying With Fanta Brings Endless Prosperity! — Lady / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Praying With The Word by logicDcoder(m): 4:11pm On Aug 09, 2022
What exactly does it mean to pray with the word?
Praying the word simply means incorporating the word of God into your prayers. It also means backing up or supporting your prayers with the scriptures (word of God).

It's quite obvious that Jesus Christ prayed the scripture. According to Matthew 27:46 (NKJV), “And about the ninth hour, Jesus Christ cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” That is, “My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"
In this particular scenario, Jesus Christ quoted the first line of Psalm 22, saying, “My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?”
And since Jesus Christ prayed the Scripture, it's also a mandate for us to pray with the Scriptures.
There are oodles of reasons why we should pray with the Scriptures, but we will focus on just one for the sake of conciseness. And that’s: praying the Scripture gives us “access” to the Father. Let’s look at the word “access”. What does it mean? According to the Google dictionary, access means approaching or entering (a place) or retrieving or obtaining access to something.

Let’s use an automated teller machine (ATM) to explain access. If you want to make a withdrawal at an ATM, you either need a physical or digital key. Without any of these keys, you can’t make a withdrawal (you can't access your account). The key contains a digital signature that will give you access to your account for you to make a withdrawal. Praying the Scriptures is likened to the above analogy. You effectively need the word of God to make a withdrawal in the Spirit through prayer. But why is the word so crucial in the course of accessing the father? Let's look at the book of John: 1:1–2 (NKJV), “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." He was at the beginning with God." The TLB version used “Christ” in place of “Word”. John 1:1-2 (TLB), “Before anything else existed, there was Christ, with God. He has always been alive and is himself, approaching or entering (a place) or retrieving or obtaining God. ” This solidifies the fact that Christ himself is the word of God.

Let’s also look at John 14:16 (NKJV). Jesus said to Thomas, “I am the way, the truth, and the life." No one comes to the Father except through Me." (verse 1). So to have access to the Father, you need the word of God, which is Jesus Christ.
In summary, including Scripture in your prayer is equivalent to making a spiritual withdrawal using Jesus Christ as your physical or virtual key. Gracias!
#logicsayswhat
#WatchTowerMedia
#watchtowerprayernetwork

Re: Praying With The Word by Reinamaria(f): 4:23pm On Aug 09, 2022
Inspired. Thanks for sharing.

(1) (Reply)

Thoughts About The Bible (3) / Our Blessed Mother: The Queen Of All Saints! / Unfaithful Servant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.