Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post (2141 Views)

Ifesinachi Luxurious Bus Burnt, Passengers Robbed At Ijebu Ode / Man Robbed At Gunpoint On Osborne Road, Ikoyi; Bleeds (Video) / Tope Alabi Robbed At Gunpoint In Ogun, Police Arrest Suspects (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by letitrainnow(m): 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2022
Yesterday, I went to First Bank to use the ATM
I got there and looked around and joined the long queue. A young lady came to meet me and asked how much I wanted to withdraw.

She said she over withdrew money; She was supposed to withdraw 3k but mistakenly pressed 30k. She will give me 20k cash, I will transfer it to her account.

This is what shocked me; I have been standing on the queue for approximately 5mins and I never saw this Lady around that ATM, she wasn't on the queue, she never made any withdrawal. Which ATM did she use in getting the 30k?

I told her I will wait for my turn, she left my side, I asked the man in my front, did you see this lady around? I wanted to point her but the Lady had disappeared, I didn't see her again.

I told the man what she said and he laughed and said it is an old logic. They come with fake naira notes claiming they mistakenly pressed and withdraw the wrong amount

When you are in a hurry to leave the long queue, you transfer the money to them and they give you cash You leave happily thinking you have escaped long queue, go to wherever to buy something with the money and realise you were given fake money

The man called it Old logic but what saved me was my keen observation, she looked so innocent and pretty, you won't even suspect a thing...

I am sure someone out there is hearing about this stealing logic for the first time.

I had to post this because I am hearing it for the first time too o. It might help someone who doesn't know this too.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by Jashub: 5:08pm On Aug 09, 2022
Bros, just thank God for giving you wisdom to be patient . Most people who were in your position wouldn't have be so lucky undecided

2 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by Zonefree(m): 5:08pm On Aug 09, 2022
Naturally, a SIMP will definitely fall for this cheap scam. He will even collect number and promise to take the girl out for lunch.

SIMPs are terrorists!

13 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by silvoclaira: 5:10pm On Aug 09, 2022
If you find a watch in the desert, you don't assume it was spontaneously created. You figure someone made it. That there's a watch maker.

@Op, No location in all this your story?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by Mrkumareze(m): 5:10pm On Aug 09, 2022
Op thanks for updating us, some ll learn while some ll still fall victim

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by Samuelnze(m): 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2022
Death to all scammers,who in one way or the other try to deprive people of their hard earned money.
Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by Jennyclay(f): 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2022
Very clever of you.

Oya clap for yourself.
Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by Zonefree(m): 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2022
Jashub:
Bros, just thank God for giving you wisdom to be patient . Most people who were in your position wouldn't have be so lucky undecided
No sane man will fall for this, only SIMPathetic men.

If you approach me with this format, I'll give you N100 to go to the nearest POS and deposit the money.

4 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by Offpointng: 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2022
Zonefree:
Naturally, a SIMP will definitely fall this cheap scam. He will even collect number and promise to take the girl out for lunch.

SIMPs are terrorists!

And they deserve to be killed sad

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by DaddyRochie1642: 5:25pm On Aug 09, 2022
Jashub:

You're wise
Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by letitrainnow(m): 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2022
Jashub:
I give all thanks to God.
Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by kernniejay(m): 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2022
Imagine! A woman for that matter having such devilish mind! Despite the fact that the hardship in Nigeria does not exclude anybody except the politicians, some people are still going about preying on fellow Nigerians who are already over-burdened by the government, instead of everyone coming together to get rid of these common enemies. Such theives don't deserve to live. She will soon meet her waterloo.

2 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by clydecarson(m): 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2022
Even with the she was meant to withdraw 3k the atm gave her 30k is all lies...what atm would disburse 30k immediately??thank God you didn't fall for that shaa

5 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by Smith414: 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2022
Zonefree:

No sane man will fall for this, only SIMPathetic men.
Not really, a friend of mine fell for it, him wife dey labor and na first child and my Gee dey hurry...
Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by anthonyuncle(m): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2022
she wasn't working alone
Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 09, 2022
clydecarson:
Even with the she was meant to withdraw 3k the atm gave her 30k is all lies...what atm would disburse 30k immediately??thank God you didn't fall for that shaa

I once dispensed 40k at once...... Zenith bank though

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by Ekpekus(m): 9:47pm On Aug 09, 2022
These days ATM disburse max 10k per withdrawal.. so what is the lady talking about mistakenly withdrawing 30k?

2 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by Jakumo(m): 6:29am On Aug 10, 2022
letitrainnow:
Yesterday, I went to First Bank to use the ATM
I got there and looked around and joined the long queue. A young lady came to meet me and asked how much I wanted to withdraw.

She said she over withdrew money; She was supposed to withdraw 3k but mistakenly pressed 30k. She will give me 20k cash, I will transfer it to her account.

This is what shocked me; I have been standing on the queue for approximately 5mins and I never saw this Lady around that ATM, she wasn't on the queue, she never made any withdrawal. Which ATM did she use in getting the 30k?

I told her I will wait for my turn, she left my side, I asked the man in my front, did you see this lady around? I wanted to point her but the Lady had disappeared, I didn't see her again.

I told the man what she said and he laughed and said it is an old logic. They come with fake naira notes claiming they mistakenly pressed and withdraw the wrong amount

When you are in a hurry to leave the long queue, you transfer the money to them and they give you cash You leave happily thinking you have escaped long queue, go to wherever to buy something with the money and realise you were given fake money

The man called it Old logic but what saved me was my keen observation, she looked so innocent and pretty, you won't even suspect a thing...

I am sure someone out there is hearing about this stealing logic for the first time.

I had to post this because I am hearing it for the first time too o. It might help someone who doesn't know this too.

The way some criminals plan their crimes, one could imagine they hold degrees in human psychology.

In this scam, the fraudsters seek to exploit two human instincts.

(1) Every red-blooded man loves a pretty girl who acts innocent and helpless. A typical male's instinct would be to try and play the knight in shining armor who will then save the damsel in distress so as to earn the privilege of reaching the promised land between the damsel's creamy thighs.

(2) Everybody loves a shortcut. After waiting in a long line to reach that ATM machine, most people would be glad to trade cash for a bank transfer so they don't have to wait in line any longer.

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by clydecarson(m): 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2022
Xbolar777:

I once dispensed 40k at once...... Zenith bank though

Easy bro,40k at once...calm down with the lies

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 13, 2022
clydecarson:

I don't argue with goofies.....why the Bleep I go dey lie?
Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2022
clydecarson:

Instead of you to research you are here arguing blindly with your poor mentality

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by Okporiaku: 5:01pm On Aug 14, 2022
Wow thanks 4 d info
I didn't know this old logic
We gotta b careful
Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by baralatie(m): 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2022
clydecarson:
Re: How I Escaped Been Robbed At The ATM Post by baralatie(m): 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2022
Okporiaku:
Wow thanks 4 d info
I didn't know this old logic
We gotta b careful

(1) (Reply)

Wife Poisoned Husband For Not Putting His Mouth On Her Private Part / Two Men Beheaded In Libya For Performing Magic / How I Was Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.