Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Better than any Digital skill. This is the Best Skill To Learn! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Better than any Digital skill. This is the Best Skill To Learn! (707 Views)

Which Digital Skill Should I Learn In 2022 To Get Financial Freedom? / Learn A Skill This July / Skill Acquisition: Help My Sister Suggest A Good Skill To Learn. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Better than any Digital skill. This is the Best Skill To Learn! by alkines(m): 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2022
We all have been lied to over the years! I regret listening soley to some motivational speaker about learning digital skills!

Immediately after NYSC, for those of us who couldn't get a job on time, we were mostly advised to learn a digital skill (graphics design, programming, copywritting etc), WRONG!

I mean why was there nobody to actually tell us that one skill that is better than any other skill in this life!

Painfully some of us spent money, time, sleepless nights to learn this digital skills hoping to be more appealing to employers when going through our CV's.

This advise of learning digital skill before getting to learn this skill i found to be the best skill in my entire learning career is like advising a primary 6 pupil to take jamb!

Even if the pupil passes jamb, how about the credential (JSCE,SSCE, senior sch testimonial) needed in vying for university admission?

The skill i found to be the best and should even be extensively thought in schools is "Learning how to sell"

You didn't see that coming right? Well learning to sell is the best skill you can ever learn and master!

Because with this skill you can sell almost anything! You don't even need to have that so called digital skill. We learn this and that but we all forget one major thing while learning, which is "How do i market my skill"!

Selling this skill was why you were learning it in the first instance, so why shouldn't you learn extensively on how to sell it!

2 Likes

Re: Better than any Digital skill. This is the Best Skill To Learn! by Fr33born(m): 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2022
alkines:
We all have been lied to over the years! I regret listening soley to some motivational speaker about learning digital skills!

Immediately after NYSC, for those of us who couldn't get a job on time, we were mostly advised to learn a digital skill (graphics design, programming, copywritting etc), WRONG!

I mean why was there nobody to actually tell us that one skill that is better than any other skill in this life!

Painfully some of us spent money, time, sleepless nights to learn this digital skills hoping to be more appealing to employers when going through our CV's.

This advise of learning digital skill before getting to learn this skill i found to be the best skill in my entire learning career is like advising a primary 6 pupil to take jamb!

Even if the pupil passes jamb, how about the credential (JSCE,SSCE, senior sch testimonial) needed in vying for university admission?

The skill i found to be the best and should even be extensively thought in schools is "LEARNING HOW TO SELL" !

You didn't see that coming right? Well learning to sell is the best skill you can ever learn and master!

Because with this skill you can sell almost anything! You don't even need to have that so called digital skill. We learn this and that but we all forget one major thing while learning, which is "How do i market my skill"!

Selling this skill was why you were learning it in the first instance, so why shouldn't you learn extensively on how to sell it!

That's nice. We are with you. Continue
Re: Better than any Digital skill. This is the Best Skill To Learn! by alkines(m): 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2022
Toluwanise247:
��
please let be reasonable
Re: Better than any Digital skill. This is the Best Skill To Learn! by SETHARTHUR(m): 11:04pm On Aug 09, 2022
Are we talking of sales funnel building, lead generation, appointment setting, copywriting or closing
Re: Better than any Digital skill. This is the Best Skill To Learn! by alkines(m): 11:00am On Aug 10, 2022
If you want to hide information from Nigerians put it in a book!

I can tell you for a fact that the best of information in terms of learning resides in books! But most of us rely soo much on YouTube and find it difficult to read.

Most of the richest People if not all, read books! You can't want the best things in life and not ready to sacrifice for it.

Back to our topic on Learning to Selling. As an entrepreneur, Your business lives and dies by how effective your sales and marketing is at generating new customer (revenue).

If our business lives and dies by how well we can get new customers why shouldn't we spend more time and resources in actives that will bring us new customers?

One of the problem is that most business owners and entrepreneurs do not really understand the business they are in.

Bakers thinks their business is about baking, builders thinks their business is to build and creative thinks their business is to design.

The fact is the real business of every business owner is SELLING!

To become a truly effective entrepreneur or business owner you must become your business's number 1 expert in Selling.

Listen well to all the richest people in the world, they are all into the business of Selling.

Note this and quote it anywhere, YouTube will only make things more complicated, i know many will disagree like i used to. But the day you start reading books, you will understand that the world best learning resources still lies in book

1 Like

Re: Better than any Digital skill. This is the Best Skill To Learn! by northbird: 4:15pm On Aug 11, 2022
Keep it coming, alkines..
Re: Better than any Digital skill. This is the Best Skill To Learn! by Fr33born(m): 7:12pm On Aug 11, 2022
alkines:
If you want to hide information from Nigerians put it in a book!

I can tell you for a fact that the best of information in terms of learning resides in books! But most of us rely soo much on YouTube and find it difficult to read.

Most of the richest People if not all, read books! You can't want the best things in life and not ready to sacrifice for it.

Back to our topic on Learning to Selling. As an entrepreneur, Your business lives and dies by how effective your sales and marketing is at generating new customer (revenue).

If our business lives and dies by how well we can get new customers why shouldn't we spend more time and resources in actives that will bring us new customers?

One of the problem is that most business owners and entrepreneurs do not really understand the business they are in.

Bakers thinks their business is about baking, builders thinks their business is to build and creative thinks their business is to design.

The fact is the real business of every business owner is SELLING!

To become a truly effective entrepreneur or business owner you must become your business's number 1 expert in Selling.

Listen well to all the richest people in the world, they are all into the business of Selling.

Note this and quote it anywhere, YouTube will only make things more complicated, i know many will disagree like i used to. But the day you start reading books, you will understand that the world best learning resources still lies in book

Following
Re: Better than any Digital skill. This is the Best Skill To Learn! by alkines(m): 7:35am On Aug 14, 2022
Selling is not an option if you intend to really make money. It is a must!

So how do we go about "Learning how to Sell?" Now that we know how important it is to master the art of Selling. I will definitely recommend reading books and books.

With the knowledge we must have acquired from read this books it will become easy to identify the best videos to watch on YouTube thereafter instead of our sporadic way of learning on YouTube before reading. .

I learnt one valuable lesson in my life when i was still dependent on youtube learning. I always argue the fact that most information we need to be successful as an entrepreneur lies in a book.

Untill one of my role model i used to look up to as a successful person who has never mentioned reading one book or the other admited to reading two to three books per week! Men i got the shock of my life!

I was then forced back to what i didn't want to do "Reading" and i can bodily say, i am not where i used to be in terms of selling.

I want anybody following these thread to start reading books on

-Learning how to sell
-customer psycology
-art of persuation

These are just few of many you can find online for free but some of the good ones are not free, but very low priced on amazon, less than 1 dollar.

Here are some authors i found to be very good:
Sabri subri
Robert collier
Toyin omotosho
Eugene Schwartz
Gary herbert

If you can lay your hands on any one of their books, it will be nice. I rest my case here and see you in the next thread ABOUT MENTORSHIP.

(1) (Reply)

Closed / Can U Manage A Fish Farm / Q&a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.