Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Celerating LEGO At 90 Today (A Nigerian Contestant) - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Celerating LEGO At 90 Today (A Nigerian Contestant) (373 Views)

The Nigeria Model Look 2019 Unveil Contestant / Unyime Idem Gets 20 Birthday Cakes In 90 Minutes! (Photos) / 83-Year-Old Ugandan Woman Weds 90-Year-Old Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celerating LEGO At 90 Today (A Nigerian Contestant) by andersyn: 8:28am On Aug 10, 2022
https://www.lego.com/en-us/90-years-of-play
It’s 90 years today the 10th of August since the LEGO Group was founded in 1932 and is today the biggest toy company in the world. Back in 1932, Ole Kirk Kristiansen founded the LEGO Group. The carpenter was manufacturing wooden toys in the small town of Billund in Denmark. ‘Leg godt’ is Danish for ‘play well’ and is where the name ‘LEGO’ comes from. The LEGO headquarters are still in town today as the company celebrates its 90th anniversary and enjoys a position as one of the most beloved brands in the world.
I am a student architect in my Msc. finals and I am a contestant in the 90 years of play competition.
Proposing a Paediatric hospital inspired the Lego City Hospital
Kids live in the world of beauty, colour and play, yet we sometimes subject them to a harsh environment when going about our businesses. The current contamination of the air in Port Harcourt, Rivers State through Illegal refinery of oil is affecting the health of people who live in the contaminated region especially children whose immune systems are still developing. Yet, when they fall sick, we take them to a place as scary to children as a hunted house is to adults which further deteriorates their health. To solve or reduce the level of anxiety children get from going to the hospital, I have come up with a playful design that will create a healing environment for kids thereby aiding quick recovery.
Inspired by the creativity of kids who were given lego toys to play with at the hospital, I have come up with a paediatric hospital design using the Lego bricks and the concept of lego set 10302 (Optimus Prime). The children's hospital takes its Optimus Prime concept from the plan view and its construction process using lego bricks. The design comprises different departments and is indicated with different colours of the lego brick such as;

GREEN (symbolizing life, good health) -- Accident and Emergency (ground floor and first floor). , Intensive Care Unit (second floor and third floor)
BLUE (calm, rest) -- Inpatient department
WHITE (purity) -- Pharmacy and Radiology department
YELLOW (hope) -- Maternity (ground floor) Surgery Theatre (second and third floor)
RED (love, passion) -- Commercial department (ground floor), rooftop garden (first floor)
ORANGE (symbolizing Vitality) -- Outpatient department and Administrative department.

The outdoor playground celebrates LEGO AT 90

The winner will be announced today the 10th of August 2022. Wish me luck.
Please supermod front page
@lalasticlala

Re: Celerating LEGO At 90 Today (A Nigerian Contestant) by andersyn: 8:43am On Aug 10, 2022
The Images below show a toy concept of Optimus Prime in the aerial view.

Re: Celerating LEGO At 90 Today (A Nigerian Contestant) by andersyn: 9:16am On Aug 10, 2022
Top parafet is cladded with Alco bond to form the top lego pieces.

Re: Celerating LEGO At 90 Today (A Nigerian Contestant) by andersyn: 9:31am On Aug 10, 2022
Unit model of the proposed hospital. Sorry about the low-resolution images, I could not upload the original

Re: Celerating LEGO At 90 Today (A Nigerian Contestant) by HarlequinLekex: 9:48am On Aug 10, 2022
If it had been in nigeria,such company go don die long time ago

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2023 Elections: CISLAC Calls On INEC To Clear Air On ‘manual Collation’ Rumour / Grassroots Initiative Group Family Celebrate Their Deputy Leader On His Birthday / Occasion Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.