Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,533 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart (1289 Views)

Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime / Throwback Cars That Nigerian Politicians Drove In The 90’s / 9 Most Expensive Cars That Were Found Abandoned (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by dicksonadams(m): 9:16am On Aug 10, 2022
These are just my opinions based on experiences, observations and discussion with various users

EOD/DC > Big Daddy i4 engine
Worst case ball joint,less than 10k and you back on the road, transmisson: most time it is as easy as replacing the shift selenoid. Otherwise engine are considerably more durable, power steering are easily fixable without buying another unit, better driving characteristics,

Evil Spirit > muscle i4
Same as above, no worries about 13pin gear, less worry abut oil burn, better driving dynamics

2003 2008 CRV >2003 2008 rav 4 i4
Same as above

However

Highlander > Honda pilot

Corolla > civic

All v6 camrys > accord v6

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by Kingdemu: 10:08am On Aug 10, 2022
dicksonadams:
These are just my opinions based on experiences, observations and discussion with various users

Worst case ball joint,less than 10k and you back on the road, transmisson: most time it is as easy as replacing the shift selenoid. Otherwise engine are considerably more durable, power steering are easily fixable without buying another unit, better driving characteristics,

Evil Spirit > muscle i4
Same as above, no worries about 13pin gear, less worry abut oil burn, better driving dynamics

Same as above

However

Highlander > Honda pilot

Corolla > civic

I wouldn't take a V6 2013 Camry over a V6 2013 Accord though

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by ehmmy11(m): 10:24am On Aug 10, 2022
Kingdemu:

I wouldn't take a V6 2013 Camry over a V6 2013 Accord though

I think he meant pre 2013 accord v6
Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by Dozieson(m): 10:46am On Aug 10, 2022
dicksonadams:

Evil Spirit > muscle i4

Same as above

However

Highlander > Honda pilot

Corolla > civic

I don't believe EOD is better than big daddy in terms of comparison

Fuel economy
Gear durability
Even the 2az engine of big daddy can go upto 300K miles if we'll maintained
Easy to repair
Hardly electrical faults etc

But the evil spirit is better than muscle I4
Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by CocoaOla: 12:28pm On Aug 10, 2022
dicksonadams:

Evil Spirit > muscle i4

Same as above

However

Highlander > Honda pilot

Corolla > civic

do you know the meaning of honda Vtec and Ivtec seach it on YouTube honda remain top engineer in automotive industry

1 Like

Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by Treadway: 12:41pm On Aug 10, 2022
dicksonadams:

Evil Spirit > muscle i4

Same as above

However

Highlander > Honda pilot

Corolla > civic

lol. This again? Anyway, my opinion is in line with Doug's. The Civic > Corolla anyday anytime.

https://www.autotrader.com/car-reviews/2003-2008-toyota-corolla-vs-2006-2011-honda-civic-which-better-250892

1 Like

Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:58pm On Aug 10, 2022
Dozieson:

Fuel economy
Gear durability
Easy to repair

I prefer the Eod to big daddy by far.even the handling is better.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:01pm On Aug 10, 2022
Dozieson:

Fuel economy
Gear durability
Easy to repair

I prefer the Eod to big daddy by far.even the handling is better.i like toyotas too but I prefer honda.i really hate the fact that toyota uses poor quality materials to make their camry and corolla.esp camry dashboard peel,even door panel peel.Thats why the only toyota I can buy are lexus.very premium feel and materials used.Lexus really try.Camrys and Corolla na pangolo

2 Likes

Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by Dozieson(m): 2:26pm On Aug 10, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
I prefer the Eod to big daddy by far.even the handling is better.

That is you. We are comparing likes for likes
Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by Dozieson(m): 2:31pm On Aug 10, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
I prefer the Eod to big daddy by far.even the handling is better.i like toyotas too but I prefer honda.i really hate the fact that toyota uses poor quality materials to make their camry and corolla.esp camry dashboard peel,even door panel peel.Thats why the only toyota I can buy are lexus.very premium feel and materials used.Lexus really try.Camrys and Corolla na pangolo

That is why I said likes for likes we compare.
I hardly see big daddy with dashboard peal. I have seen EODs with dashboard mat for protection.

We have different choices.
I prefer Toyota of 1999 to 2006 than Honda
I will go with Honda from 2008-2009 over Toyota I4 engines.
I will go with Honda 2013 and above over Toyota
Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by Pelicanmedia: 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2022
How much to fix shift solenoid in Honda Accord 04.(EOD).

Been having delay in gear shift especially from 1. But after 1. It changes smoothly
Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2022
Dozieson:

That is why I said likes for likes we compare.
I hardly see big daddy with dashboard peal. I have seen EODs with dashboard mat for protection.

We have different choices.
I prefer Toyota of 1999 to 2006 than Honda
I will go with Honda from 2008-2009 over Toyota I4 engines.
I will go with Honda 2013 and above over Toyota
that is you.Eod with dash mat is for fashion.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by Dozieson(m): 3:50pm On Aug 10, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
that is you.Eod with dash mat is for fashion.

Hahahha fashion ke? Means the dash design is not good enough?
Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2022
Dozieson:

you cannot even compare Eod dash to bigdaddy.

3 Likes

Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by Sammy101111(m): 5:02pm On Aug 10, 2022
From 1990 - 2016 i will stick with toyota
From 2016 upwards i will pick honda
Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by Dozieson(m): 5:47pm On Aug 10, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
you cannot even compare Eod dash to bigdaddy.

Ok o. No need for this argument. Each individuals with their preference.
Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by slimmoney(m): 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2022
bro so u mean everyone that put dash mat on his/her car dashboard does that to protect the dashboard?
Dozieson:

Re: Honda Cars That Should Be Considerably Better Than Toyota Counterpart by Dozieson(m): 7:41pm On Aug 10, 2022
slimmoney:
bro so u mean everyone that put dash mat on his/her car dashboard does that to protect the dashboard?

Yes of course. Why will I put it on my car if the dash is sparkling and beautiful

Check most that put it. Their car dash are already degrading

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Used Toyota Highlander 10 / Scanning Toyota Camry In Benin / Redesigned 2014 Toyota Corolla Shows Off Aggressive New Stying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.