Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Computer Engineers Validation - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Engineers Validation (500 Views)

Please Computer Engineers Help Me Out / Computer Engineers Come In For Your Bread And Butter / Whatsapp Group For Computer Engineers And Endusers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Engineers Validation by hemmy1843(m): 9:50am On Aug 10, 2022
Good morning Engineers. I am a teacher in one of the top and popular Secondary schools. On a fateful day, a student's laptop was damaged when I wanted to retrieve from her after several warning to keep away cos I was to begin next class with them. She pulled the laptop by the other end when I tried to seize from her table, unfortunately, the hinges came off and the screen got damaged. At the end I was asked to repair the laptop. A guy in the IT department was asked to go repair and he came back with the attached receipt which I paid in three instalments. The cost was enough to buy a second hand laptop. I feel I have been extorted and robbed. Please I need computer Engineers in here to help confirm the price listed on the reciept. The laptop is HP brand with 15.6 inches screen. Whats the cost of a new screen of same inches. I chatted the number of the engineer on the reciept and he gave a different cost with difference of 30k. Please I need help with actual price.

Re: Computer Engineers Validation by eddynaira125: 10:15am On Aug 10, 2022
There are different type of 15.6 screen

If the laptop is thick as HP 2000 (i.e 15.6 Normal Moduless),
Then both screen and workmanship should not exceed 30,000, but here in warri I can fix it for 20,000 depends on the bargaining power of the customer

If the system is thick as HP 250 G4 (15.6 Paper Moduless)
For brand new. 45,000
For Belgium. 35000
Depend on your bargaining power you can get 5000 discount for this price

Ikeja ought to be cheaper than the price listed above
Re: Computer Engineers Validation by eddynaira125: 10:16am On Aug 10, 2022
If I see the laptop I can give you the specific price range
Re: Computer Engineers Validation by Olachase(m): 10:25am On Aug 10, 2022
I'm speechless right now cus the guy Don chop ur money
Re: Computer Engineers Validation by udemzyudex(m): 10:28am On Aug 10, 2022
Post the model of the laptop and I'll give you the price.

You should have stood your ground on fixing it yourself.

15.6 modules ( you definitely can't fix a new screen there NAA ABI) used #12k
New one is #25k

Paper screen 15.6 new is #33k ( you can still negotiate though.

15.6 paper screen used #25k

Hinges, you don't even need to buy another one, the broken part can be fixed ( #1000- #1500)

The workmanship, you can leave it like that.
Re: Computer Engineers Validation by udemzyudex(m): 10:30am On Aug 10, 2022
hemmy1843:
Good morning Engineers. I am a teacher in one of the top and popular Secondary schools. On a fateful day, a student's laptop was damaged when I wanted to retrieve from her after several warning to keep away cos I was to begin next class with them. She pulled the laptop by the other end when I tried to seize from her table, unfortunately, the hinges came off and the screen got damaged. At the end I was asked to repair the laptop. A guy in the IT department was asked to go repair and he came back with the attached receipt which I paid in three instalments. The cost was enough to buy a second hand laptop. I feel I have been extorted and robbed. Please I need computer Engineers in here to help confirm the price listed on the reciept. The laptop is HP brand with 15.6 inches screen. Whats the cost of a new screen of same inches. I chatted the number of the engineer on the reciept and he gave a different cost with difference of 30k. Please I need help with actual price.

Just tell the school you will fix it yourself.
Re: Computer Engineers Validation by Runningwater(m): 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2022
eddynaira125:
There are different type of 15.6 screen

If the laptop is thick as HP 2000 (i.e 15.6 Normal Moduless),
Then both screen and workmanship should not exceed 30,000, but here in warri I can fix it for 20,000 depends on the bargaining power of the customer

If the system is thick as HP 250 G4 (15.6 Paper Moduless)
For brand new. 45,000
For Belgium. 35000
Depend on your bargaining power you can get 5000 discount for this price

Ikeja ought to be cheaper than the price listed above

How much is HP G62 Notebook laptop screen for fixing in warri?
Re: Computer Engineers Validation by eddynaira125: 3:03pm On Aug 10, 2022
Runningwater:

How much is HP G62 Notebook laptop screen for fixing in warri?

23,000 sir
Re: Computer Engineers Validation by Runningwater(m): 3:03pm On Aug 10, 2022
eddynaira125:

23,000 sir

shocked shocked
Re: Computer Engineers Validation by Runningwater(m): 3:07pm On Aug 10, 2022
eddynaira125:

23,000 sir

Na this be your last price boss?
Re: Computer Engineers Validation by eddynaira125: 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2022
Runningwater:

Na this be your last price boss?

20,000 last
Re: Computer Engineers Validation by Runningwater(m): 3:13pm On Aug 10, 2022
eddynaira125:

20,000 last

Okay where ur shop dey before na dat plaza wey near enerhen junction
Re: Computer Engineers Validation by eddynaira125: 3:15pm On Aug 10, 2022
Runningwater:

Okay where ur shop dey before na dat plaza wey near enerhen junction

I base for Enerhen Junction
Re: Computer Engineers Validation by hemmy1843(m): 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2022
its the school standard that the IT personnel does the repair and the guy said something about the screen been borderless. Please shed more light and from inquires i made the screen highest price so far is 25k even the same guy that repaired the laptop gave 20k as price for screen. i need clarification on borderless screen, is that the cause of such high price as 52k

New one is #25k

Hinges, you don't even need to buy another one, the broken part can be fixed ( #1000- #1500)

[/quote]
Re: Computer Engineers Validation by udemzyudex(m): 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2022
hemmy1843:
its the school standard that the IT personnel does the repair and the guy said something about the screen been borderless. Please shed more light and from inquires i made the screen highest price so far is 25k even the same guy that repaired the laptop gave 20k as price for screen. i need clarification on borderless screen, is that the cause of such high price as 52k

New one is #25k

Screwless screen 15.6 is around #40k and you can get I for less if you bargain well.

Does the school standard include fixing a student laptop?

The screen highest price so far?

Probably you're getting the used price for the one with screw, the borderless ( screwless) is more expensive.
Re: Computer Engineers Validation by hemmy1843(m): 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2022
Cos after all was said, I was told I was the one at fault. You know how these private schools can be.
Re: Computer Engineers Validation by aloyt(m): 9:08pm On Aug 29, 2022
hi, does anyone here know the price of hp elitebook 1030 G3 screen and labour cost. anyone who can assist here?

(1) (Reply)

Sold... / What Type Of Laptop Power Bank Are You Using? / Zbook 15 Intel Core I7 16gb Ram 2gb Dedicated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.