Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,837 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

2 - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 2 (13870 Views)

Dominic Onyekachi Creates Digital Collection Of African Stories For Kids - CNN / Alpha Luke (werewolf stories) / Alpha Squad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:06pm On Sep 23, 2022
everton4life:
TGIF cool
Man embarassed embarassed
I thought it’s another update fr grin
Well, you are still the best bruh �
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
YoungBruzzy:

Man embarassed embarassed
I thought it’s another update fr grin
Well, you are still the best bruh �
Hehehehhehe gotcha grin grin

I can be cheeky sometimes wink tongue

1 Like

Re: 2 by Blesstar(f): 10:58pm On Sep 23, 2022
everton4life:

Hehehehhehe gotcha grin grin

I can be cheeky sometimes wink tongue
You're mean cry

grin
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2022
Blesstar:

You're mean cry

grin

Lol, don't tell me you fell for it too grin grin grin

Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 11:27am On Sep 24, 2022
Good morning and a lovely weekend to you all smiley cool

1 Like

Re: 2 by YoungBruzzy(m): 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2022
everton4life:
Good morning and a lovely weekend to you all smiley cool
Everton biko show us love oo
Updates ���
Re: 2 by Lanshile(m): 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2022
This ur story reminds me of teen wolf
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2022
Lanshile:
This ur story reminds me of teen wolf
grin Funny enough, I didn't watch teen wolf. Just vampire diaries and originals

1 Like

Re: 2 by Lanshile(m): 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2022
everton4life:
grin Funny enough, I didn't watch teen wolf. Just vampire diaries and originals
You are really good
How I wish I can put things down the way u do
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2022
Lanshile:

You are really good
How I wish I can put things down the way u do
Lol, thanks man smiley cool

1 Like

Re: 2 by Blesstar(f): 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2022
Everton pls show us love na cry
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 10:23pm On Sep 24, 2022
Blesstar:
Everton pls show us love na cry
Don't worry, I've got you guys. Update drops soon cool
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 10:23am On Sep 25, 2022
Happy Sunday,pals. Update drops soon cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2 by Royalty189(f): 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2022
everton4life:
Happy Sunday,pals. Update drops soon cheesy

No dey wyn us. The soon na tomorrow.
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 5:02pm On Sep 25, 2022
Chapter 51

8 Likes

Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 7:58pm On Sep 25, 2022
Royalty189:

No dey wyn us. The soon na tomorrow.
undecided
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 10:38am On Sep 26, 2022
smiley Morning

1 Like

Re: 2 by YoungBruzzy(m): 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2022
Thanks for the update boss even though I don read am since last night cheesy
E no go good if I no comment���
And please, let this fight ends in the favor of Jeremy; another thing, Mandy should not die ooooo abeg grin grin
Re: 2 by NapoleonT: 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2022
Nice one Op
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 12:09am On Sep 27, 2022
Chapter 52

~A man lay under a tree gazing at the clouds above. A blade of grass stuck out of his lips as his eyes dilated. A straw hat was balanced casually on his head partially covering his face. He would yawn at intervals and scratch the stubble on his chin.
His ears perked up at the sound of footsteps nearby. He rose up a bit and turned to his left. Dominic stood there with a calm smile on his face. The man sprang up quickly and gave him a scrutinising gaze.
"Who are you?" The man asked.
"Ah, I do not think that is important." Dominic waved his question off. "Your name is Matteo, isn't it?"
"And how do you know that?" The man narrowed his eyes in suspicion as Dominic edged closer.
"Your reputation precedes you.A famous warrior who has had his fair share of victory over numerous adversaries." Dominic chuckled. "Quite a big reputation, I must say. Considering the fact that I'm not from these lands."
"What do you want?" The man asked impatiently.
"You see that village over there." Dominic nodded towards a village in the distance.
"The village of the Genori coven of witches." Matteo replied. "Yes. What does that have to do with me?"
"I want you to burn it to the ground." Dominic said casually,examining his fingers.
Matteo's eyes widened in shock.
"Have you lost your mind?!" He yelled, getting in Dominic's face. "How dare you make such a request? Do you..."
Dominic's hand to his throat cut him off. His anger switched to fear as he saw the red compulsive glow in Dominic's eyes.
"That is not a request." Dominic said. "It is a command."
Matteo said nothing as he stood like a zombie. Dominic released his hold.
"Now I've heard of the kind of witches that dwell in that village." Dominic continued. "They are so powerful. And the young ones? High potential. There is one I've had my eyes on for a long time since she was a little girl. I've been studying her for a while and I know she will be pivotal to my dominance in future. Currently, she's not in the village now which makes it the perfect time to enact my plan. The witches are powerful but they are too soft and Pacific to fight anything. They do not believe in violence."
Dominic stepped in front of Matteo, staring into his catatonic face.
"Get your men and burn that village to the ground." He ordered.
"Yes." Matteo nodded.

A nineteen year old Nuri sat on the grass on the plain fields. She had her eyes closed in a meditative state. She took deep breaths, inhaling and exhaling at intervals as she connected with nature. This was a regular routine for her since she turned sixteen. Losing her parents at an early age, she was taken in by the regent and trained carefully. At her early teenage years, she had already shown more potential than her peers.
She smiled as she heard footsteps behind her. Whoever owned the footsteps was making a very poor attempt to sneak up on her. But deciding to humor the person, she remained still in her spot and feigned obliviousness. A pair of hands covered her eyes from behind.
"Verona." She chuckled.
She heard a groan from behind her as the hands left her face. Veronaoved from behind her and sat beside her with a pout.
"How did you know?" Verona asked.
"You make it easy for me." Nuri asked. "You were never good at sneaking."
Verona folded her hands with another pout. Nuri spared a glance at her and laughed.
"You do know that you look like an infant throwing a tantrum." She poked a finger at Verona's cheek.
Verona snorted.
"Lift that frown away from your face." Nuri chuckled. "It doesn't suit you."
Verona didn't budge.
"If you don't do that." Nuri moved towards her in a threatening manner. "I will tickle you."
"Okay, I yield." Verona laughed raising her hands in surrender.
"That's better." Nuri nodded. "So what have you been doing?"
"I've been practicing the regeneration spell." Verona replied. "I've made a bit of progress."
"Have you?" Nuri stared at her friend, intrigued.
Verona turned her gaze to the left. There was a withered daffodil. She stretched her hand towards it and chanted a foreign tone. A green glow surrounded it and it sprung to life, it's beautiful colour radiating.
"Amazing!" Nuri clapped. "This is wonderful.You have improved tremendously."
"But still not near your level." Verona sighed. "You were able to learn the regeneration spell in one week whereas I could do so in two years."
She stared at the grass beneath them in solemn fashion.
"Sometimes I feel that the spirits are not fair on me." She said.
"Do not say that,Verona." Nuri admonished, taking Verona's hand in hers. "You must never question the spirits. Remember, they are the siblings of nature. Whatever they decide for us, we must accept without question. Besides, learning something quicker or longer does not make one person more special than the other. And Verona, believe me when I say you are special in your own way."
Verona smiled and rested her head on Nuri's shoulder.
"Thank you." She said. "You always know what to say to make me feel better."
"That's what friends are for." Nuri leaned her head against Verona's.
The two friends gazed at the sun in the distance when suddenly Nuri sprang up, shaking Verona's head away. She was on her feet quickly.
"Nuri?" Verona stared at her in worry.
"Do you smell something?" Nuri asked.
Verona sniffed the air and her eyes widened. She quickly sprang to her feet.
"It smells like..." She said.
"Smoke!" Nuri completed.
They turned around and sure enough there was smoke in the distance. Their eyes widened as they ran towards it. As they drew nearer, their froze in shock at the sight before them.
In front of the two witches lay the charred ruins of what used to be their village. It was levelled to the ground and there was fire everywhere.
"No!" Verona cried out, running towards the debris. "Mother! Father!"
Nuri dropped to her knees petrified at the sight. Her body shook with sobs as reality dawned upon her. Her beloved village was destroyed. Everyone was gone. With her fists clenched by her sides, she yelled to the sky.
"Spirits,why?!" She sobbed. "Who did this?! Who?!"
She heard footsteps and turned around. Her eyes blurry with tears, she could still make out the shape of Dominic as he advanced towards her.
"Who are you?" Her voice shook as she asked.
"A stranger passing by, child." He said as he crouched towards her. "I saw what happened from the distance."
"What." She wiped the tears from her eyes.
"It was a group of men with torches." Dominic said, his face showing pity. "I saw them led by a man dressed in a strange attire and a straw hat."
"Matteo!" Nuri gasped, her eyes wide in disbelief.
"You know the man?" Dominic feigned surprise.
"He's a warrior from a neighbouring village." Nuri replied, her eyes brimming with tears. "Why would he do this?"
"I have no idea, child." Dominic sighed. "I was passing by and I saw the whole thing from the distance and ran over."
Nuri couldn't think of anything to say. Overcome with grief, she let out a torrent of sobs again.
"There,There,Child." Dominic pulled her into his arms. "Everything will be alright."
Nuri sobbed into his chest as an evil grin appeared on his face...... ~

5 Likes

Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 9:34am On Sep 27, 2022
YoungBruzzy:
Thanks for the update boss even though I don read am since last night cheesy
E no go good if I no comment���
And please, let this fight ends in the favor of Jeremy; another thing, Mandy should not die ooooo abeg grin grin
lipsrsealed
Re: 2 by NapoleonT: 12:05pm On Sep 27, 2022
U are the bomb
Re: 2 by YoungBruzzy(m): 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2022
Omoh! See another twist in the plot again wink
Make Nuri just end Dominic’s life right there oo
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 5:00pm On Sep 27, 2022
NapoleonT:
U are the bomb
Thanks
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2022
YoungBruzzy:
Omoh! See another twist in the plot again wink
Make Nuri just end Dominic’s life right there oo
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2022
Chapter 53

4 Likes

Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 8:30pm On Sep 27, 2022
Re: 2 by YoungBruzzy(m): 7:23am On Sep 28, 2022
Thanks for the update bruh �
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 9:27am On Sep 28, 2022
Chapter 54

2 Likes

Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 11:28am On Sep 28, 2022
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2022
EPILOGUE

THE END.

2 Likes

Re: 2 by pyro10(m): 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2022
Nice and perfect story from you boss.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"Nwa Aba Na City" (a Pidgin Story) / Three Nights And A Bang / Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.