Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Best Places To Visit In Nigeria On A 3-weeks Trip? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Places To Visit In Nigeria On A 3-weeks Trip? (486 Views)

My Trip To Dubai | Best Places To Check Out! / Best Places To Visit In Akwa Ibom State .. Tourism & Travel.. Photos / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Places To Visit In Nigeria On A 3-weeks Trip? by OAra: 11:58am On Aug 10, 2022
First of all - good day everyone, hope your day has been great so far!

I am planning to (finally) take a 3-weeks long trip around Nigeria and was curious to ask if Nairalanders had any particular suggestion as to what would be worth visiting, considering just how big the country is and the limited time at my disposal (only 21 days...).

I'd also like to ask if you'd have any suggestion regarding dress code, some tips regarding travel, etc - I'll already stand out like a sore thumb in many areas thanks to my skin color and I can do nothing about that, but I'd like at least to avoid behaving in such a way that will make me look even more like the stereotypical tourist going around cluelessly.

Specifically I'd be curious regarding how making physical gestures while speaking is seen - I admit that the stereotype about Italians speaking "with their entire bodies" is actually true, and having found out the hard way (involuntarily insulting my host during a trip abroad, even though we ended up as friends once the misunderstanding was clarified) that in some cultures is a sign of disrespect to speak "physically" like we are wont to do (moving hands, etc), I'd rather ask beforehand how this is seen - given the sheer diversity of cultures within Nigeria, I am curious about the different states and tribes view on this to be honest.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Re: Best Places To Visit In Nigeria On A 3-weeks Trip? by cucumbar: 12:24am On Aug 11, 2022
OAra:

I am planning to (finally) take a 3-weeks long trip around Nigeria and was curious to ask if Nairalanders had any particular suggestion as to what would be worth visiting, considering just how big the country is and the limited time at my disposal (only 21 days...).

I'd also like to ask if you'd have any suggestion regarding dress code, some tips regarding travel, etc - I'll already stand out like a sore thumb in many areas thanks to my skin color and I can do nothing about that, but I'd like at least to avoid behaving in such a way that will make me look even more like the stereotypical tourist going around cluelessly.

Specifically I'd be curious regarding how making physical gestures while speaking is seen - I admit that the stereotype about Italians speaking "with their entire bodies" is actually true, and having found out the hard way (involuntarily insulting my host during a trip abroad, even though we ended up as friends once the misunderstanding was clarified) that in some cultures is a sign of disrespect to speak "physically" like we are wont to do (moving hands, etc), I'd rather ask beforehand how this is seen - given the sheer diversity of cultures within Nigeria, I am curious about the different states and tribes view on this to be honest.

hmm! You better look for another country to visit.
If dem kidnap you, my hand no Dey o.
Re: Best Places To Visit In Nigeria On A 3-weeks Trip? by Veryfied: 11:02pm On Aug 12, 2022
Too many places to visit. I'd recommend that you follow some.Instagram travel pages to begin with so you can see for yourself where to visit.
Even within Lagos, there are far too many places to visit that 3 weeks wouldn't be enough to explore all.
Re: Best Places To Visit In Nigeria On A 3-weeks Trip? by gaby(m): 11:59pm On Aug 12, 2022
Touring Nigeria at this time is a very risky and dicey venture to engage in.

Your security isn't assured.
Re: Best Places To Visit In Nigeria On A 3-weeks Trip? by mrsage(m): 12:06am On Aug 13, 2022
OAra:

Just visit trip advisor website, you will see loads of places to visit plus tips and guides for tourists in Nigeria.

I also suggest places within the South west. A state by state tour of the south west will be fun. This is my terrain so I could give some suggestions

Places like:

Olumo rock in Abeokuta , Ogun state

In Lagos visit the Lekki Arts & craft market, Nike arts gallery, The Museum in Onikan, The welcome to Lagos Statue, New African Shrine and Kalakuta Museum, visit the beach, Badagry slave trade sites etc. Don't forget to do a drive through Lagos especially on a Sunday, drive tbrough the 3rd Mainland Bridge, Marina/ broad street to view some historical buildings, drive tbrough Alausa etc.

In Oyo visit Ibadan, take a drive around the City, visit UI and explore the city basically

In Osun visit Erin Ijesha water falls, it's a nice place, then visit Ile Ife. In Ife visit the Oonis Palace and the museum by the Palace entrance, Visit OAU and probably the Zoo.

Also visit Osogbo

In Ondo: Idanre Hills is a beauty to behold. Don't miss it

In Ekiti visit Ikogosi warm springs and Arinta Falls in Ipole Iloro.

Just have a guide and someon who is familiar with the terrain.

2 Likes

Re: Best Places To Visit In Nigeria On A 3-weeks Trip? by OAra: 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2022
Thank you all for your suggestions and concerns regarding my security in the event of a visit to Nigeria. I will have a talk with someone that I know from the area then, just to see how bad things are and whether it's the case to do the trip another time...

(1) (Reply)

Visa Application Medicals / How Good And Safe Is Lagos Akure Road Via Ore? / Countries That Host The Most Nigerian Diaspora By Continent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.