Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,846 members, 7,956,172 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:51 AM

Why I Rejected Governor Ben Ayade’s Largesse (Gift Or Money) – Catholic Bishop - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Rejected Governor Ben Ayade’s Largesse (Gift Or Money) – Catholic Bishop (429 Views)

Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop / The Monitor Lizard Governor Ben Ayade Caught While On Inspection / Governor Ben Ayade, A Student Of UNICAL, Storms School In His Convoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Rejected Governor Ben Ayade’s Largesse (Gift Or Money) – Catholic Bishop by Gistsme1(m): 12:50pm On Aug 10, 2022
“Use whatever you want to give to me to pay salaries” clergyman tells Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River state after he made N25million donation to his church

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utM5t38qVyQ

The Catholic Bishop of Uyo Diocese, John Ebebe Ayah, has explained why he ‘rejected’ Governor Ben Ayade’s largesse during a Thanksgiving mass held on Sunday in Calabar.

During the mass which was held at the St. Patrick’s Catholic, Ikot Ansa, Calabar, Bishop Ayah subtly shunned the irresistible ‘whispered package’ of the governor to the bewilderement of the congregation and everyone else in church.

This took place at the thanksgiving mass for Justice Emmanuel Agim Akomaye, who was recently promoted to the rank of Judge of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

Vanguard learned that Gov. Ayade who was special guest of honour, was invited to make a donation in support of  the church’s 2022 harvest unveiling.

The governor  made a donation of N25 million on behalf of the state government, his family and the judiciary.

“You are our pride, the pride of Cross River North, the son of the soil, Bishop John Ayah, I will whisper my package to you later.

In his response the Bishop told the governor that he wants to express himself while acknowledging that he was his brother from Northern Cross River.

I want to talk. The governor is my brother, we are both from Cross River North. I want to appreciate the governor and tell him to package whatever he has for me, add to it and use it to pay the salaries of the workers,” Bishop Ayah said.

Vanguard gathered that the Bishop received thunderous ovation from the congregation and everyone which took minutes to die down.

A parishioner who spoke with Vanguard under anonymity said Gov. Ayade immediately went back to the podium to defend himself .

He explained that salaries of the workers was ready adding that his administration has been faithful, consistent in the payment of salaries for well over  seven years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/why-i-rejected-ayades-largesse-catholic-bishop/amp/

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChE4hlUgu8O/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Re: Why I Rejected Governor Ben Ayade’s Largesse (Gift Or Money) – Catholic Bishop by Samuelnze(m): 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2022
. Karma will judge all greedy politicians,looting funds from public offices..
Re: Why I Rejected Governor Ben Ayade’s Largesse (Gift Or Money) – Catholic Bishop by strangest(m): 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2022
APC is asking us to vote APC so they can rescue us from APC....

Just imagine...

Re: Why I Rejected Governor Ben Ayade’s Largesse (Gift Or Money) – Catholic Bishop by yinkus6750(m): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2022
So we still have great Obidient men of God.
Kudos to the Rev Father
Re: Why I Rejected Governor Ben Ayade’s Largesse (Gift Or Money) – Catholic Bishop by ImDStar: 1:37pm On Aug 10, 2022
Criminal gangster party.
A youth opening his or her mouth and shouting BAT and Atiku.
Please tell me the rationale behind your support for Tinubu despite knowing that his weak and old?

Why do you think the old man must be the president?
Please don't tell me because he developed Lagos, if you have anybody who resides in lag, call the person to get first hand info.
Re: Why I Rejected Governor Ben Ayade’s Largesse (Gift Or Money) – Catholic Bishop by kenny714433(m): 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2022
That's the Catholic Church I am proud to belong.

(1) (Reply)

Kenneth Okonkwo Made National Spokesman Of The Dynamics Ambassadors Of Peterobi / My Peter Obi's Airtime Little Contribution / Who Are These Obidients? By Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.