Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi (10793 Views)

Nigeria Became Almost Dead Under Buhari – Ogunbanwo / Revealed: How Eastern Nigeria Became The Fastest Growing Economy Before The War! / Revolutionnow Is About Progress. Nothing Less! -by ‘lakunle Jaiyesimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by obedience4(m): 9:31am On Aug 12, 2022
Who are will to blame?
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by purplekayc(m): 9:32am On Aug 12, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Nigeria is a demn rich country

But when some few people gather and decide to steal what belongs to 200m people

What do you expect?

And don't expect anything to change tommor..

If you like your self... don't carry ur bag and comot

Japa is good for the economy according to our leaders cheesy
cheesy
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by Linesman(m): 9:32am On Aug 12, 2022
Major General Mohammadu Buhari and His APC Administration Has FAILED Nigerians WOEFULLY as Evidence Today from this Article on been Poverty Champion of the World.

2023 is around the corner, We Should All Come Together and Vote Wisely.
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by benjackugo: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2022
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by Gourdoinc(m): 9:34am On Aug 12, 2022
We are not in poverty. We are in affluence. That's what the tinubu and buhari urchins want us all to admit to. God punish them all and deprive their children of happiness.
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by lexy2014: 9:35am On Aug 12, 2022
ijustdey:

Dr Jaiyesimi writes from Sagamu via jerry3jaiye@gmail.com

One is our vile misconception of equating Federal Government revenues with the well-being of the larger economy.

This is why I ask Tinubu urchins who constantly boast that Tinubu increased Lagos revenue that how is increasing IGR an achievement?

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by Justinlean02(m): 9:39am On Aug 12, 2022
This what you get when you vote on tribal lines that competency and quality individual whose has the capacity to lead and build a nation. Nation building is a facade in African politics

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by supereagle(m): 9:43am On Aug 12, 2022
Someone asked:
why are South East political leaders not supporting Peter Obi?

Ans: it is not just about SE leaders it is about all career politicians across all zones and regions of the country.

They are cut from same cloth. They know that a Peter Obi presidency will not serve their interest.

They do not want a Nigeria that works for all.

They want a Nigeria that works for them only.

They would rather support a candidate who will guarantee them in seat in his government than support a candidate who will guarantee a working Nigeria.

It is on record that Peter Obi does not and will never use governance position to reward political loyalty.

He always hire ABLE HANDS that would get the job done.
As a governor he worked with EXPERTS; people who were actively engaged in their various field.
After his tenure they all returned to their various businesses.

This is why they can’t imagine a Peter Obi presidency.
Not in a time when presidents use ministerial positions to reward politicians.

So they would rather support someone who will guarantee them such position even though they are aware such person will be a failure.
It is about their interest.

This is why we should not be distracted by their actions or inactions.
As a common citizen what’s your own interest ?
A nation that works for all or a nation that works for some?

The choice is yours.
Fight for your own interest....

Let's TakeBackNigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by simplesearch: 9:44am On Aug 12, 2022
Nigeria is not poor. We've only had insatiable lots over the years presiding over our affairs. People who are masters are taken what belong to themselves and also stealing what belong to others in the process, which they later pillage for their loved ones and unborn generation. If 200 naira is given to 100 people to share, natural justice demands it goes round equally at 2 naira per person. But should we go on the principle that some animal are more equal than the other then we can assume some will take 4naira, 3 naira etc, but none will go empty handed. But in the case of Nigeria out of the 100 few will sit at the round table like 10, to justify why 90 people don't deserve a share of the largesse and why doing so will rank everyone equally. So 10 people take what belongs to 100 people, and end up having 20 naira a piece, while the rest 90 have nothing. This is the situation of Nigeria. Uneven distribution of our resources, concentrated in few hands while the rest wallow in abject poverty. Our poverty unlike India and the rest is man-made, From North to South to East;reckless, pious and religious thieves abound: who will do penance after stealing our common wealth. If they escape human judgement, they'll not escape that of God.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by Stadiar: 9:45am On Aug 12, 2022
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by TenQ: 9:55am On Aug 12, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
When will you people stop all these media hogwash. Nigeria is very rich compared to most African countries. Just because others are not washing their dirty panties outside whilst we keep degrading our nation does and will never deter us Positive Thinkers from saying and praying for this great country Nigeria.
What do you mean by Nigeria is rich?

Have you ever noticed how haggard the faces of the average Nigerian look in public places?

How many Nigerians can drink one cup of milk per day? How many Nigerians can buy new vehicles? Minimum wage is N30,000 and you still think we are rich?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by Empredboy(m): 9:59am On Aug 12, 2022
Thus is very deep. On addition the border closure which employed over 100k people directly or indirectly was closed for 2 years because of security which became worse when it was closes and rice which also became more expensive. So many families lost their breadwinners to this policy. What a shame! !!
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by MedicH: 10:13am On Aug 12, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
When will you people stop all these media hogwash. Nigeria is very rich compared to most African countries. Just because others are not washing their dirty panties outside whilst we keep degrading our nation does and will never deter us Positive Thinkers from saying and praying for this great country Nigeria.

A positive thinker that can't even afford a decent life in a very rich country.

You are a fool.
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by MedicH: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2022
Politicians keep the people poor then exploit their poverty to keep themselves in power.

This is why a bastard whose father is a taxi driver that pays half of his daily earning to omonile that make account for one oga will support this same oga to be president not minding how he made his father suffer.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by RepoMan007: 10:35am On Aug 12, 2022
SensualMan:
All thanks to Tinubu for installing a disaster that ruined Nigeria and took Nigeria 100 years back.
During Jonathan era, Nigeria was close to rubbing shoulders with India, Philippines and the rest of the 4th world countries.

Today, Tinubu and Buhari has made Nigeria to to be among the 5th World countries in comparison to Somalia, Eritrea, Sudan, Niger. Unfortunately theses are the countries Nigeria can rub shoulder with.

With all the national and human resources at Nigeria's disposal no jupiter on earth could have stopped Nigeria from attaining a 3rd world status country but today the story is different.

Tinubu is a disaster to humanity. We can take a road down the lane to study how Tinubu underdeveloped Lagos.

All hope is not yet lost, President Obi will put Nigeria where it rightly belongs amongst the 3rd world countries. From a consumer nation to a producer nation.

On Mallam Peter Obi mandate I stand Gidigba!
Nigeria's problem is largely a structural one. There is little incentive to be good citizen.
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by TI1919(m): 10:55am On Aug 12, 2022
Nigeria the authentic shit hole
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by thisisit: 11:57am On Aug 12, 2022
.. TOO LONG AN EPISTLE!!

TRUE FISCAL FEDERALISM IS THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION.
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by Demolakay: 12:46pm On Aug 12, 2022
Realist12:
Nigeria has been retrogressive from each consecutive administration right from Obasanjo but same cannot be said about Lagos, Lagos is progressive. Why not employ the man that laid the legacy and created the path for the growth at the presidential level.
His plans have been successful in the mini Nigeria.
Lagos is a Mini Nigeria with all the attributes of the country in one state, over population, wealth and multi ethnicity yet it's progressive , Tinubu was able to reform the state and lay down solid road map for the future of the state and every tribe, resident and investors were carried along , everybody had a sense of belonging and responsibility. They are seeing the wonders done with their taxes . The job of successive administrators was easier coz they had a road map . If we don't vote Tinubu we are not ready for the growth we are yearning for tbh. Asides the will to impact positively only him has the capacity to carry out solid reforms and carry every stake holder along .He has done his homework.

Will u keep quiet! or i shut it up for u.
D same Lagos wit no drainage network
D same Lagos wit bad roads everywhere!
D same Lagos wit no world class hospital,DAT even jagaban had to frequent France to attend to his medical needs,
D same Lagos generating 40billion igr monthly,yet no commensurate project vis-a-vis d gigantic sum being generated.
D same Lagos where everyone provides his/her own electricity ND security.
D same Lagos wit a debt of almost a trillion dollars,yet we dnt know where d money borrowed is going to.
D same Lagos DAT was voted d second worst city to live in in 2022.
D day of reckoning is coming,u all will b stripped naked,ND b flogged in d market square.. Dingbats!

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by Shikini: 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2022
Good piece
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2022
Oga u are not current

Naija is now the defending Champions of puvaty!
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by ejimatic: 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2022
ijustdey:

Dr Jaiyesimi writes from Sagamu via jerry3jaiye@gmail.com
Another factor is our carelessness in population explosion! A jobless man has a wife and six children. An okada rider with three wives and ten children. Poverty will stay longer in Africa especially in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by Techm8: 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2022
It's heartbreaking to imagine how powerful Nigeria could've been if it were not for decades of incompetence and corruption
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by Gospel2Day: 10:18pm On Aug 12, 2022
Realist12:
Nigeria has been retrogressive from each consecutive administration right from Obasanjo but same cannot be said about Lagos, Lagos is progressive. Why not employ the man that laid the legacy and created the path for the growth at the presidential level.
His plans have been successful in the mini Nigeria.
Lagos is a Mini Nigeria with all the attributes of the country in one state, over population, wealth and multi ethnicity yet it's progressive , Tinubu was able to reform the state and lay down solid road map for the future of the state and every tribe, resident and investors were carried along , everybody had a sense of belonging and responsibility. They are seeing the wonders done with their taxes . The job of successive administrators was easier coz they had a road map . If we don't vote Tinubu we are not ready for the growth we are yearning for tbh. Asides the will to impact positively only him has the capacity to carry out solid reforms and carry every stake holder along .He has done his homework.

In 23 years, under Tinubu's direct and indirect rule, Lagos cannot boast of a single world class hospital that can treat Tinubu. He always had to travel to UK or France for medicals.
It is a shame.
If Tinubu has really done well as hyped by his supporters, Lagos should by now have world class hospitals, state owned refinery, modern fast trains and trams, underground subways, etc.
Where are those infrastructures?
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by Litmus: 12:54am On Aug 13, 2022
TenQ:

What do you mean by Nigeria is rich?

Have you ever noticed how haggard the faces of the average Nigerian look in public places?

How many Nigerians can drink one cup of milk per day? How many Nigerians can buy new vehicles? Minimum wage is N30,000 and you still think we are rich?

This may be why Buhari advices, return to the village and farm. Milk isn't by force not is car and minimum wage. These are viewable as aspect of Western systems/capitalism . Before stuff like TV, mobile phones, processed food, electricity, factory work etc that white people created become things you needed to have otherwise you're classified as poor by white created organisations like UN, what did or were pre colonial or traditional African concepts of wealth and poverty?
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by TenQ: 6:55am On Aug 13, 2022
Litmus:

This may be why Buhari advices, return to the village and farm. Milk isn't by force not is car and minimum wage. These are viewable as aspect of Western systems/capitalism . Before stuff like TV, mobile phones, processed food, electricity, factory work etc that white people created become things you needed to have otherwise you're classified as poor by white created organisations like UN, what did or were pre colonial or traditional African concepts of wealth and poverty?
I am thoroughly surprised at your comments.

Poverty is defined as a LACK of Capacity to purchase NEEDS that make life COMFORTABLE.

You think no farmer want to plow and harvest using machines instead of how and cutlass!?

You think Nigerian bus conductors enjoy screaming out their lungs everyday shouting "Ojuelegba-Mile 2-Oshodi", when in other climes, you keep appointment with your bus at the bus stop!?

You think the Nigerian Teacher who earns N40,000 after working for 15 years and living in a 2 bedroom face-me-i-face-you has the best capacity to live a better life!?

You've probably never lived anywhere else than in Nigeria, therefore you think the gross poverty around is NORMAL!?

Even if you haven't, don't you hear stories of the past?
In the days Nigeria was Rich: a man spoke to me that while writing his final exams in the University (ABU). Car dealers came to show them brochures of their "tear-rubber" cars. He selected one big car that was delivered 2 months after his graduation from the University. He didn't even know how to drive so he employed a driver to drive him home from the car showroom.

I'm surprised you feel that eating well is falling prey to white man capitalism!

May we not get so used to Poverty!

Poverty is NOT only defined as a LACK of Capacity to purchase NEEDS that make life COMFORTABLE.

It is also measured in terms of
Intellectual Poverty
Spiritual Poverty
Social Poverty

Do you notice how citizens of other countries are struggling at our Embassies to a get Nigerian VISA?
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by Litmus: 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2022
TenQ:

I am thoroughly surprised at your comments.

Poverty is defined as a LACK of Capacity to purchase NEEDS that make life COMFORTABLE.

You think no farmer want to plow and harvest using machines instead of how and cutlass!?

You think Nigerian bus conductors enjoy screaming out their lungs everyday shouting "Ojuelegba-Mile 2-Oshodi", when in other climes, you keep appointment with your bus at the bus stop!?

You think the Nigerian Teacher who earns N40,000 after working for 15 years and living in a 2 bedroom face-me-i-face-you has the best capacity to live a better life!?

You've probably never lived anywhere else than in Nigeria, therefore you think the gross poverty around is NORMAL!?

Even if you haven't, don't you hear stories of the past?
In the days Nigeria was Rich: a man spoke to me that while writing his final exams in the University (ABU). Car dealers came to show them brochures of their "tear-rubber" cars. He selected one big car that was delivered 2 months after his graduation from the University. He didn't even know how to drive so he employed a driver to drive him home from the car showroom.

I'm surprised you feel that eating well is falling prey to white man capitalism!

May we not get so used to Poverty!

Poverty is NOT only defined as a LACK of Capacity to purchase NEEDS that make life COMFORTABLE.

It is also measured in terms of
Intellectual Poverty
Spiritual Poverty
Social Poverty

Do you notice how citizens of other countries are struggling at our Embassies to a get Nigerian VISA?

Suspend in you thoughts for now all that you've written up there. And, to allay your fears, I state nothing from the position of ignorance. My first degree was in political science and I live abroad and done my fair share of travel. Now let my ask you: why do you think that the majority of Western masses own no land?

And, actually, you didn't answer my initial question, which was what was traditional Africans view of poverty and wealth ?

I am attempting to instil in some young minds on Nairaland nothing less than a paradigm shift in how they think about development and their existence on this planet.
Re: How Nigeria Became Poverty Champions By Dr Jaiyesimi by TenQ: 2:12pm On Aug 13, 2022
Sorry for being a little harsh in my previous post. I can now understand your point of view.

Litmus:

Suspend in you thoughts for now all that you've written up there. And, to allay your fears, I state nothing from the position of ignorance. My first degree was in political science and I live abroad and done my fair share of travel. Now let my ask you: why do you think that the majority of Western masses own no land?
Owning lands in the western world is not a means of storing asset values. It is more profitable to own developed properties which can be rented out or sold. Apart from this, TAX on landed properties is not worth the trouble.

Litmus:

And, actually, you didn't answer my initial question, which was what was traditional Africans view of poverty and wealth ?
Unfortunately, we live in a different world. Our "Africanness" is being diluted daily by Western influence.

In those days, an important man in the African societies is known by valuable attributes like Strength, Bravery, Wisdom, Hardwork, Skills etc.

Unfortunately, a time came when the white man came into our lives and the "lazy people" who didn't like Hardwork went to school, graduated and began to earn 100 times the total income of the hardworking folks in their village.

Success then got redefined as owning cars, houses and being able to afford western toys. Unfortunately, the Old African Tradition is forever GONE! It has been replaced with a new one where HOW your wealth is obtained is not IMPORTANT but being able to SHOW-OFF is.

It is unfortunate, but that is the NOW truth!
Litmus:

I am attempting to instil in some young minds on Nairaland nothing less than a paradigm shift in how they think about development and their existence on this planet.
Unfortunately, our Culture is now Different: it's neither Western nor African.

I will advise that we as Africans go the way of China. Take the good stuff from the West while Adapting and Augmenting our Own Culture, Medicine, Technology etc.

We should adopt Technologies
We should Promote Local Technologies

We should free ourselves from Dependence of the White People: for only after that can we appreciate our culture and grow as a people.

Unless we aim at something higher than what the White man has, we shall remain backward

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Redeploys Akwa Ibom REC, Mike Ingini To Bayelsa / Senate May Spend N5.5b On Official Cars For Members / Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.