Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,714 members, 7,813,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Can Kids Really Start A Career Path At 12yrs Old? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Kids Really Start A Career Path At 12yrs Old? (277 Views)

Career Change: Is It Wise To Change My Career Path At This Stage???? / A Good Career Path At 35 Years. / How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Kids Really Start A Career Path At 12yrs Old? by patthebulb: 3:39pm On Aug 10, 2022
Is 12yrs too early to start grooming a child for a particular career?
Re: Can Kids Really Start A Career Path At 12yrs Old? by BirtherOfKings(f): 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2022
Only the highly intelligent one or artistic / athletic type
Child needs a coach or mentor ..

1 Like

Re: Can Kids Really Start A Career Path At 12yrs Old? by Ebubu9: 4:00pm On Aug 10, 2022
patthebulb:
no it’s perfectly okay. I know many kids who started playing classical music instruments at 8 years old. Athletes start training in their chosen professional field before 10 years old. Including female and male football kids. Children who want to be novelists start reading kids novels before 10 and so on.

I feel your child is even a little over age sef. I was shocked to see a kid on twitter who had mastered programming at 15 years and was already earning thousands of dollars monthly. If such child manages his or her wealth or talent early enough, can be a millionaire before 20 years. But so many haven’t even made a million at 30.

This information works for kids of the both gender, left for me your kid is even late. Don’t pressure him/her too much shah. Just make sure it’s a field he or she loves very much or has passion for.
Re: Can Kids Really Start A Career Path At 12yrs Old? by thesicilian: 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2022
patthebulb:
You can start but the best thing to do in my opinion is to let the child naturally get to choose his or her own career .
What one should do over time as a parent is to expose the child as much as possible to various activities from an early age.
Re: Can Kids Really Start A Career Path At 12yrs Old? by kowalski: 4:25pm On Aug 10, 2022
I totally agree. I think the best thing as a parent is to get them exposed to various activities from an early age
thesicilian:

You can start but the best thing to do in my opinion is to let the child naturally get to choose his or her own career .
What one should do over time as a parent is to expose the child as much as possible to various activities from an early age.
Re: Can Kids Really Start A Career Path At 12yrs Old? by Ebubu9: 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2022
kowalski:
I totally agree. I think the best thing as a parent is to get them exposed to various activities from an early age
onele ?

(1) (Reply)

Application To Uk Universities - Free Information Before Making Application / Nigerian Lady Elevated To General In U.S. Armed Force / “he Needs To Be Arrested” – Video Of Nigerian Man Beating His Younger Sister Mer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.