Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,642 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Be Careful With Sim Registration. Your Nin May Be Registered With Multiple Lines - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Be Careful With Sim Registration. Your Nin May Be Registered With Multiple Lines (1008 Views)

UK Border Agency Burst Nigerian Man With Multiple Passports, Forgets His Name / Thief Caught Withdrawing People's Money From ATM With Sim Pack & Card In Lagos / Women Should Be Careful With The Rape Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Careful With Sim Registration. Your Nin May Be Registered With Multiple Lines by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2022
BE CAREFUL WITH SIM REGISTRATION. YOUR NIN MAY BE REGISTERED WITH MULTIPLE LINES WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT

I bought two MTN SIM cards last 2weeks Tuesday.
While registering. I noticed my data was captured three times instead of twice which is the no for the two SIM I bought . The seller said one of the capturing was not done properly.
When I got home at night to insert the SIM cards and recharge them, I got a message that indicated my lines were linked to my NIN and if I didn't register them, I should visit the nearest MTN office to deregister the lines. But they were three numbers. I recognised the third number as one of the SIM cards I didn't pick it's number cos it wasn't easy to cram. I knew immediately the boy that sold the cards to me was not honest. He registered a different line to my NIN which he can use for his personal self, crime or sell it to criminals. I now see the reason why some people suffer for crimes they don't know whereby they ll be accused that their SIM cards belonged to a particular criminal or has been linked to a crime.
I rushed to the place the next day to confront the boy. He was remorseful, scared and started apologizing. As if he doesn't know the gravity of his deeds. I got his name, phone no and I knew one of his team members.
I went to the nearest MTN office to lay complain. They were aware of the such cases. I told them should I drag the boy to their office for prosecution, they showed high sign of no interest in my case. I asked them to deregister the 3rd number which is not mine. They claimed there was no network. This was the 2nd day after registration.
I moved the the nearest police station to lay complain. The policemen praised me for being watchful that many v entered terrible cases that they know nothing about via SIM registration.
The third day, I went back to MTN office to successfully deregister the third line which was registered without my consent. I told MTN to help prosecute the boy. They showed little interest. As if it's a normal case. What about those that are unaware that their NIN was linked to a SIM they didn't buy.
I made enquiry on how I can know the total no of MTN no's on my NIN. They said I ll v to go to their website. I knew immediately that so many systems aren't working well in Nigeria.
I went to the police station to give feedback. The officers told me I should not worry that I v done the right things.
1st was to register my case as a complain.
2nd was to go for deregistration of the line.
Now, I m looking for the boy to make him pay me for the amount of transport I spent to deregister the line and also make complain at the police station.
Be very careful about SIM registration and everything in the world of today.
People are just mean and bad. They commit crime anyhow, anywhere not minding the implications.

Mods, carry this thread trabaye for others to learn.
Cc: lalasticlala seun, Mynd44 nlfpmod Dominique OAM4J mukina2

1 Like

Re: Be Careful With Sim Registration. Your Nin May Be Registered With Multiple Lines by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 10, 2022
Insightful

1 Like

Re: Be Careful With Sim Registration. Your Nin May Be Registered With Multiple Lines by Electrification: 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2022
Great post, very educative. People should be very careful with their sensitive data.
Re: Be Careful With Sim Registration. Your Nin May Be Registered With Multiple Lines by FixxNigeria23: 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2022
Wahal be like bycircle
Re: Be Careful With Sim Registration. Your Nin May Be Registered With Multiple Lines by Donchrisconnect: 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2022
Bros please how did you deregister the number?
Re: Be Careful With Sim Registration. Your Nin May Be Registered With Multiple Lines by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2023
Donchrisconnect:
Bros please how did you deregister the number?
I went to MTN office to complain. Gave them my no and NIN. They did the deregistering
Re: Be Careful With Sim Registration. Your Nin May Be Registered With Multiple Lines by SilverOrLead: 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2023
OkikiOluwa1:
BE CAREFUL WITH SIM REGISTRATION. YOUR NIN MAY BE REGISTERED WITH MULTIPLE LINES WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT

I bought two MTN SIM cards last 2weeks Tuesday.
While registering. I noticed my data was captured three times instead of twice which is the no for the two SIM I bought . The seller said one of the capturing was not done properly.
When I got home at night to insert the SIM cards and recharge them, I got a message that indicated my lines were linked to my NIN and if I didn't register them, I should visit the nearest MTN office to deregister the lines. But they were three numbers. I recognised the third number as one of the SIM cards I didn't pick it's number cos it wasn't easy to cram. I knew immediately the boy that sold the cards to me was not honest. He registered a different line to my NIN which he can use for his personal self, crime or sell it to criminals. I now see the reason why some people suffer for crimes they don't know whereby they ll be accused that their SIM cards belonged to a particular criminal or has been linked to a crime.
I rushed to the place the next day to confront the boy. He was remorseful, scared and started apologizing. As if he doesn't know the gravity of his deeds. I got his name, phone no and I knew one of his team members.
I went to the nearest MTN office to lay complain. They were aware of the such cases. I told them should I drag the boy to their office for prosecution, they showed high sign of no interest in my case. I asked them to deregister the 3rd number which is not mine. They claimed there was no network. This was the 2nd day after registration.
I moved the the nearest police station to lay complain. The policemen praised me for being watchful that many v entered terrible cases that they know nothing about via SIM registration.
The third day, I went back to MTN office to successfully deregister the third line which was registered without my consent. I told MTN to help prosecute the boy. They showed little interest. As if it's a normal case. What about those that are unaware that their NIN was linked to a SIM they didn't buy.
I made enquiry on how I can know the total no of MTN no's on my NIN. They said I ll v to go to their website. I knew immediately that so many systems aren't working well in Nigeria.
I went to the police station to give feedback. The officers told me I should not worry that I v done the right things.
1st was to register my case as a complain.
2nd was to go for deregistration of the line.
Now, I m looking for the boy to make him pay me for the amount of transport I spent to deregister the line and also make complain at the police station.
Be very careful about SIM registration and everything in the world of today.
People are just mean and bad. They commit crime anyhow, anywhere not minding the implications.

Mods, carry this thread trabaye for others to learn.
Cc: lalasticlala

They use not only your NIN but your Bio Data to register other lines which they then sell to criminals .

This is wicked and is tantamount to identity theft and impersonation.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful With Sim Registration. Your Nin May Be Registered With Multiple Lines by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2023
angry The yeye NIN app is not even working properly to remove number that is not yours.
Re: Be Careful With Sim Registration. Your Nin May Be Registered With Multiple Lines by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:36am On Jan 10, 2023
SilverOrLead:

They use not only your NIN but your Bio Data to register other lines which they then sell to criminals .

This is wicked and is tantamount to identity theft and impersonation.
And such people deserve lenghty time in jail cos they are like the criminals they sell data to

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Robbers Attack First Bank, Zenith Bank In Ankpa Kogi State / Man K!ll Dogs Let Them Rot And Turn Into Maggot ( Video) / New Update, See Where Criminals Keep Their Guns When On Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.