Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

If Tinubu Or Obi Wins, It's Alright, Power Must Come South__Gov.akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Tinubu Or Obi Wins, It's Alright, Power Must Come South__Gov.akeredolu (463 Views)

Atiku: It’s Too Risky To Hand Over Nigeria To Tinubu Or Obi / Forecast Of What Atiku, Tinubu, Or Obi Govts Might Be / "They're Not Competent": I Won't Vote Atiku Or Obi If I Weren't Running - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Tinubu Or Obi Wins, It's Alright, Power Must Come South__Gov.akeredolu by Richardonald(m): 10:20pm On Aug 10, 2022
Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State has defended the same faith presidential ticket of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), insisting that competence matters the most.

The governor spoke on the heels of criticisms that greeted the APC presidential ticket of Bola Tinubu and Kashim Shettima, both of the Muslim faith.

In an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today, the governor maintained that other issues, not religion, should be on the front burner in the lead-up to the presidential election next year.

“If you had listened to my lecture today, I was very clear. I said that religion is not the issue now. We have other issues that should be on the front burner today -restructuring; rotational presidency,” Akeredolu said on Wednesday

“When you talk about religion, I am saying religion should have no part to play. Competence, knowledge, and your track record should come to play in this instance,” he added.

According to him, his stance is not influenced by the fact that Tinubu will be on the ballot next year. Rather, he pinned it on power rotation to southern Nigeria.

If you listen to my lecture, I said if Obi is elected, that would be alright; if Bola Tinubu is elected, that would be alright. For me, it must come to the south,” the Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), explained]

He maintained that the country’s power-sharing deal better known as zoning should be respected.

As far as he is concerned, “since 1999, there is an understanding that we move from north to south, rotate the presidency, and that if today, we have people who want to deploy what I will call manipulation of our people on religious basis to think you can change it, then we should not accept it”.

Re: If Tinubu Or Obi Wins, It's Alright, Power Must Come South__Gov.akeredolu by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2022
Akeredolu is stylishly campaigning for Obi because he knows Nigerians will not vote for Tinubu

8 Likes

Re: If Tinubu Or Obi Wins, It's Alright, Power Must Come South__Gov.akeredolu by conductor60000: 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2022
If we're being fair to ourselves, there's no way a Muslim will finish ruling for 8 years then another Muslim (this time with yet another Muslim as VP) will succeed him - in a country where Muslims and Christians are 50 - 50.

3 Likes

Re: If Tinubu Or Obi Wins, It's Alright, Power Must Come South__Gov.akeredolu by StormpyBee: 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2022
The man is OBIdient.

The message is clear.

Vote Peter Obi 2023

4 Likes

Re: If Tinubu Or Obi Wins, It's Alright, Power Must Come South__Gov.akeredolu by PandoraObi: 10:28pm On Aug 10, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Akeredolu is stylishly campaigning for Obi because he knows Nigerians will not vote for Tinubu
Hehehehehehehehehe he is the southern chairman governors forum, we know where he belongs

1 Like

Re: If Tinubu Or Obi Wins, It's Alright, Power Must Come South__Gov.akeredolu by PandoraObi: 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2022
Blackmail can only Peter Obi president of Igbo land
Re: If Tinubu Or Obi Wins, It's Alright, Power Must Come South__Gov.akeredolu by PointZerom: 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2022
Tinubu Should go and rest.

2 Likes

Re: If Tinubu Or Obi Wins, It's Alright, Power Must Come South__Gov.akeredolu by Queenttoast01: 10:59pm On Aug 10, 2022
We may not have the best presidential aspirants but I support this

(1) (Reply)

LAGOS POLICE CONFIRM TERRORISTS TO ATTACK LAGOS. DECLARE PARTIAL LOCKDOWN. / The Two Major Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / Tinubu's Ill Health May Be As A Result Of Smoking, Not Old Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.