Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Nigerian Prisons are Worse Than Hell Fire! - Inmates Say - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Prisons are Worse Than Hell Fire! - Inmates Say (1102 Views)

Nigerian Prisons Are Useless / Should Nigerian Prisons Be Like This To Reduce Crime In The Society (video) / Nigerian Prisons Service Changes Name To Nigerian Correctional Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Prisons are Worse Than Hell Fire! - Inmates Say by haruchad12: 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2022
Nigerian Prisons are worse than "Hell Fire"
- Awaiting trial inmates lament "Hellish" experiences in Nigerian Prisons.

"We're not murderers or killers, just a little quarrel or misunderstanding with someone and they'll have you thrown into jail and the Police are only after money, they don't take time to ensure the accused is innocent or not!
- Jackson (Badagry Prison)

Is the Police really your friend?

Awaiting trial inmates lament being treated worse than Goats in the " extremely over congested" awaiting trials cells in Nigerian Prisons.

"The last time I inspected the Prisons, what I saw was unspeakable. Even if GOATS/CHICKENS were allowed to sleep or exist in such inhumane conditions, they could die of asphyxiation.

Prisons record deaths on a regular, most are from the Awaiting Trials section of the Prisons. One could die of bad health care, or maltreatment by Thugs assigned to sub-manage the cells in the Prisons. The awaiting trials inmates hardly eat well, they live at the mercy of co-inmates who capitalize on their office to extort money and do so many unspeakable things to the inmates.
- Anonymous Human Rights agent who spied on various Prisons across Nigeria and Africa.

Nigerian Prisons are understaffed.
Awaiting Trial inmates are in a worse situation than actual convicts. More deaths are recorded at the awaiting trials section than at the main Prison for convicts.

It is not supposed to be so:
- Correctional Experts explain

A correctional facility is designed to help rehabilitate recalcitrants and deviant individuals, when such facilities are neglected, understaffed and left to the wrong hands, it becomes a place where recalcitrants and deviants transform into more hardened/heartless criminals.

Solutions:
The Government and Responsible agencies should not pay lip service to the worse than hellish state of Nigerian Prisons.

(1.) More experts should be employed and deployed to manage the situation,

(2.) Awaiting Trials Cells should be constructed at separate locations from actual Prisons for convicted criminals.
Experts recommend that awaiting trials inmates should occupy facilities that are as large as Stadiums not just a little stretch of land where humans can die of asphyxiation or health complications.

Money is not everything.
We should have value for human life, a sinner can repent and become a world changer.

The Likes of Joseph of Israel (Son of Jacob), Dr Nelson Mandela, Malcolm X, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo etc all did time in Prison before rising to the top.

Nigerian Prisons are in a worse state than hell fire, innocent people die before they stand a chance of fair trials, a lot need to be done by Ministers concerned.

We call for volunteers and voluntary
advocacy for inmates who are trapped in detention because they have no means of advocacy.

Thanks!

Published by
Anonymous Human Rights Agency.

Matthew 5:7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Prisons are Worse Than Hell Fire! - Inmates Say by adecz: 2:47pm On Aug 11, 2022
The problem is, if you a regular gentleman
coat and tie office worker are remanded
in prison custody for investigation of
simple office fraud or domestic violence,
you will be put in the same cage to share with
suspected armed robbers, area boys, thugs, kidnappers and killers ❗️❗️ embarassed shocked shocked
You will use a bucket in one corner to
piss or siht.

I knew what a friend whose secretary
stole company customers' money
suffered when they were under investigation.

They put him in this type of cell with
hardened criminals, who had a "head of
cell" that he must show allegiance and
pay tributary to. Over 20 people in a cell of
not more than 15 X15 feet❗️❗️

The Igbo secretary confessed that the
boss wasn't aware of her activities, but
the customers lawyers were eager to
rope the boss in, in order to give them a
better chance of recovering the money
since it was clear she may not be able
to return all the money stolen.❌❌❌☹️☹️☹️

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Prisons are Worse Than Hell Fire! - Inmates Say by Templee333(m): 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2022
So sad! The solutions u stated above are what i'm waiting to see put into practice, Not just theory.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Prisons are Worse Than Hell Fire! - Inmates Say by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:29pm On Aug 11, 2022
what? do you expect prisons to be summer camps, like in some countries in Europe?!
Re: Nigerian Prisons are Worse Than Hell Fire! - Inmates Say by Adex5: 7:07pm On Aug 11, 2022
hmm Omo this Anonymous Human right God will surely bless u for this post.. Omo ikoyi prison is like hell ooo I spent 10days there I feel like dying People are really going through alot there ooo that place is worst Dan hell fire I swer to God when I was there each time I wake up the next day Omo I blame God for waking me up ooo because everything I was Just thinking den was just to die.. Some guy's are there going to 3 to 4 years still awaiting trial.. this country is bleeped up..
Re: Nigerian Prisons are Worse Than Hell Fire! - Inmates Say by stephieok: 3:31pm On Aug 15, 2022
It's lip service indeed, as the situation is worse than the writer can express. Something decisive should be done if the political offices in Nigeria are not occupied only by Savages.
Re: Nigerian Prisons are Worse Than Hell Fire! - Inmates Say by Fisiryorh(m): 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2022
Just one night I spent in puff adder cell 2 in calabar for a crime i know nothing about..if u see my back ehn, na cry u go cry give me...

Police and prison staff are generally heartless.... Tufia!!!...
Re: Nigerian Prisons are Worse Than Hell Fire! - Inmates Say by dreu2fine(m): 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2022
haruchad12:
Nigerian Prisons are worse than "Hell Fire"
- Awaiting trial inmates lament "Hellish" experiences in Nigerian Prisons.

"We're not murderers or killers, just a little quarrel or misunderstanding with someone and they'll have you thrown into jail and the Police are only after money, they don't take time to ensure the accused is innocent or not!
- Jackson (Badagry Prison)

Is the Police really your friend?

Awaiting trial inmates lament being treated worse than Goats in the " extremely over congested" awaiting trials cells in Nigerian Prisons.

"The last time I inspected the Prisons, what I saw was unspeakable. Even if GOATS/CHICKENS were allowed to sleep or exist in such inhumane conditions, they could die of asphyxiation.

Prisons record deaths on a regular, most are from the Awaiting Trials section of the Prisons. One could die of bad health care, or maltreatment by Thugs assigned to sub-manage the cells in the Prisons. The awaiting trials inmates hardly eat well, they live at the mercy of co-inmates who capitalize on their office to extort money and do so many unspeakable things to the inmates.
- Anonymous Human Rights agent who spied on various Prisons across Nigeria and Africa.

Nigerian Prisons are understaffed.
Awaiting Trial inmates are in a worse situation than actual convicts. More deaths are recorded at the awaiting trials section than at the main Prison for convicts.

It is not supposed to be so:
- Correctional Experts explain

A correctional facility is designed to help rehabilitate recalcitrants and deviant individuals, when such facilities are neglected, understaffed and left to the wrong hands, it becomes a place where recalcitrants and deviants transform into more hardened/heartless criminals.

Solutions:
The Government and Responsible agencies should not pay lip service to the worse than hellish state of Nigerian Prisons.

(1.) More experts should be employed and deployed to manage the situation,

(2.) Awaiting Trials Cells should be constructed at separate locations from actual Prisons for convicted criminals.
Experts recommend that awaiting trials inmates should occupy facilities that are as large as Stadiums not just a little stretch of land where humans can die of asphyxiation or health complications.

Money is not everything.
We should have value for human life, a sinner can repent and become a world changer.

The Likes of Joseph of Israel (Son of Jacob), Dr Nelson Mandela, Malcolm X, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo etc all did time in Prison before rising to the top.

Nigerian Prisons are in a worse state than hell fire, innocent people die before they stand a chance of fair trials, a lot need to be done by Ministers concerned.

We call for volunteers and voluntary
advocacy for inmates who are trapped in detention because they have no means of advocacy.

Thanks!

Published by
Anonymous Human Rights Agency.

Matthew 5:7
Go and try Kenya prison
Na die
Re: Nigerian Prisons are Worse Than Hell Fire! - Inmates Say by mccloud224(m): 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
what? do you expect prisons to be summer camps, like in some countries in Europe?!

I'm disappointed. For someone who is well traveled, you ought to know better.
Re: Nigerian Prisons are Worse Than Hell Fire! - Inmates Say by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2022
mccloud224:
I'm disappointed. For someone who is well traveled, you ought to know better.

bro, if you got to do time in prison, it certainly shouldnt be a walk in the park, and instead it should be a punishmentthat you dont want to experience ever again, sadly, som jails in Europe are better than the house of some of these convicts...with cells fitted with cable TVs, Playstations and cooking stove to make their wn meals...

a prison term is SUPPOSE to be hell fire!
Re: Nigerian Prisons are Worse Than Hell Fire! - Inmates Say by stunnert(m): 11:06pm On Aug 15, 2022
Stay away from crime and you'll be good

You can get all the wealth you want legitimately

(1) (Reply)

Group Of Kidnappers Arrested By Security Operatives In Kaduna (graphic Content) / My Neighbour Was Kidnapped / [video] Young Boy Cry Loud At Bet Center As His Long Ticket Cut One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.