Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,001 members, 7,828,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice (3391 Views)

Eha Amufu Crisis: Ugwuanyi’s Remarkable Interventions, Challenges / Eha Amufu Crisis: Ugwuanyi Visits Mgbuji, Forests Other Locations / Jos Crisis: Ugwuanyi Evacuates Enugu Students In UNIJOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice by OEPHIUS(m): 4:09am On Aug 12, 2022
…As indigenes protest against imposition of monarch by 'political cabals'

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has directed the Commissioner for Chieftaincy Affairs, Dr. Charles Egumgbe, to take all necessary measures to address the injustice in Ishi-Ozalla Autonomous Community, Nkanu West Local Government Area, over the Igweship tussle in the community.

Gov. Ugwuanyi who gave the directive when the people of Ishi-Ozalla visited him at the Government House, Enugu, to lay complaints over “the inhuman, very pathetic, and unjust treatment” being meted out to them by a politician from the community and his cohorts, told them that his administration will observe all the processes required to address the injustice.

The governor assured the people of Ishi-Ozalla that the story will change next time they will visit the Government House.

Insisting that justice must be done, Gov. Ugwuanyi urged them to “embrace peace, love one another and show love to all,” in keeping with his administration's peace and grassroots development initiatives.

Laying their complaints to Gov. Ugwuanyi, Chief Mrs. Muna Nweke accused a politician from Ishi-Ozalla of being behind all the crises in the community, saying that the person in question “imposed an Igwe on us while the people of the community have unanimously elected an Igwe, our illustrious son, Don Sylvester Nweke.”

Chief Nweke told the governor that the accused person and his political cabals deployed name-dropping tactics in an attempt to intimidate the people of Ishi-Ozalla and impose an unpopular candidate on them as their traditional ruler.

“Your Excellency, you could recall also that we issued a press release that we are not part of it (imposition) and you asked us to go and make peace,” she said.

Stressing that the said politician “is destroying our community”, Chief Nweke added: “The man he is imposing on us is not our king and he cannot rule us. We have elected our son (Sylvester Nweke) to rule us. Our son will rule Ishi-Ozalla.

“Umuedeaniagu is the ancient people of Ozalla that migrated from Okpatu in Ozalla. Your Excellency, look into our land case and confirm if a visitor has land. Nobody has the kind of land we have in Ishi-Ozalla. The land that was donated to UNTH, 60 percent of it belongs to my ancestors.

“How can somebody tell me that I cannot be part of the leadership of the community? I hold the title of Ufam Ozalla; it is the stream that unites the whole of Ozalla.

“I am the re-incarnate of that goddess and I have come for peace to reign in my family,” Okoye said.

Speaking in the same vein, High Chief Ayima Okoroeme and the President-General of the Ishi-Ozalla Town Union, Hon. Obinna Nvene, appealed to Gov. Ugwuanyi to address the communal issue in the overall interest of the community in particular and the state in general.

The Deputy Chief of Staff to the Governor, Prof. Malachy Okwueze, the Commissioner for Chieftaincy Affairs, Dr. Egumgbe and his Lands and Urban Development counterpart, Nnanyelugo Chidi Aroh were at the event.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid037XJErsiraVJZte8A8aX4UfQkhNDDZjZCkAWKKwr8sV5UVczTub8qAhLCLcXhYFLVl&id=100044234839321

Re: Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice by sweetonugbu: 4:47am On Aug 12, 2022
Good
Re: Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice by frndfghtr(m): 4:53am On Aug 12, 2022
E
Re: Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice by IboHausaYoruba: 5:41am On Aug 12, 2022
Hmm! I just wish igbos would be able to manage power peradventure Obi wins. I am just worried the way they kill their fellow brothers. I just pray we will not have another terror group so insurmountable to quench.

3 Likes

Re: Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice by Lapinski: 5:41am On Aug 12, 2022
Ok
Re: Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice by wethebest(m): 5:41am On Aug 12, 2022
Nawa

1 Like

Re: Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice by mustbewell: 5:42am On Aug 12, 2022
Everyday one problem.
Re: Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice by Antoeni(m): 5:42am On Aug 12, 2022
Sister Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State
Re: Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice by Mandesz(m): 5:42am On Aug 12, 2022
Civil war claimed the life of over 2m people, majority are igbos. Imagine 2m in 1967-1970 from our growth rate would have been more than 10m.
I don't think we need chike obi(rip) to do the addition b4 know what would have the population of the east by now.
Be wise!
Re: Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice by Femifasola: 6:08am On Aug 12, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
Hmm! I just wish igbos would be able to manage power peradventure Obi wins. I am just worried the way they kill their fellow brothers. I just pray we will not have another terror group so insurmountable to quench.
All these crying,. Any little thing in the east you guys will mention obi.
So you're also asking how Tinubu will manage skull mining in Ogun if he wins or how Atiku will do for the bandits. You guys are pathetic

I'm yoruba and I'm fully OBI-dient cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice by Femifasola: 6:09am On Aug 12, 2022
Mandesz:
Civil war claimed the life of over 2m people, majority are igbos. Imagine 2m in 1967-1970 from our growth rate would have been more than 10m.
I don't think we need chike obi(rip) to do the addition b4 know what would have the population of the east by now.
Be wise!
So you're also asking how Tinubu will manage skull mining in Ogun if he wins or how Atiku will do for the bandits. You guys are pathetic

I'm yoruba and I'm fully OBI-dient
Re: Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice by Mandesz(m): 6:45am On Aug 12, 2022
Femifasola:

You're ignorant of all I said. I never mention peter obi but chike obi. Professor Chike obi is the greatest mathematicians to come out of nigeria. He died about 5yrs ago
Re: Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice by Snapchat: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2022
Femifasola:

He mentioned Obi and you mentioned Tinubu. Nothing concerns both of them with this thread. Una two heads don lose screws.

2 Likes

Re: Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice by Dikaveli(m): 8:42am On Aug 12, 2022
Something like this is happening but chimaroke nnamani is on Twitter exchanging words with obident user when his home is on fire
Re: Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice by gracealonev: 8:52am On Aug 12, 2022
So who is this faceless "a politician"? ThoughI have decided never to comment on news that are traceable to social media platforms only again.
Re: Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice by DeshaunLarson: 10:56am On Aug 12, 2022
Gregory must fend off the nearly unstoppable pursuit of the characters from the recreated fnaf security breach as well as new, terrifying threats with the aid of Freddy Fazbear. fnaf security breach

(1) (Reply)

The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) / Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? / Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.