Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:36 AM

FREELANCING: DON'T Send Proposals This Week Without Reading This! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FREELANCING: DON'T Send Proposals This Week Without Reading This! (109 Views)

Coronavirus Fears Cost The World’s 5 Richest People $36bn This Week / Do you want to Make 20k Every Week Without Investment!!! / ECOWAS Seeks Proposals For Single Currency Logo, Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FREELANCING: DON'T Send Proposals This Week Without Reading This! by Folasadepitan(f): 10:21am On Aug 12, 2022
As a freelancer, you send out proposals and cold DMS, every day.

One thing you should know is that several freelancers are sending proposals and cold DMS to these same people!

How can you stand out? How can you rise above the competition? WHY SHOULD THEY CHOOSE YOU?

One of the very important things you should pay close attention to is your offer that is contained in your proposals or cold dm

So let's talk about that, shall we?

WHAT IS AN OFFER?
An offer is a value you are willing to give in exchange for money. Your offer is not your skill itself but how you present it.

This is what separates a HIGHLY PAID FREELANCER from others.

So how do you present your offer?
As a graphic designer, you can't just say 'I'm a graphic designer, please hire me'

Instead, you should say 'I'm a graphics designer that helps eCommerce brands in such a way that increases followers & sales"

This is something an average graphic designer can do but because you made it about THEM and not you, you will stand a higher chance than the first dude even if he is better than you.

Nobody cares about you my dear #hard truth

WHAT MAKES A GOOD OFFER:

It solves a problem!

This seems basic but it is way more than that.

What is your customer's core need? What do they really want? Just like Sabri Suby said in his book Sell LikeCrazy, "what keeps them awake in the night?" (Have started reading it or I should mind my business) if you need a copy, dm!

Also, apart from getting your service, what else will they need? You will also present that to them (Godfather Offer)

In a nutshell, a good offer is one that clearly states the prospect's problem and how you as a freelancer can solve that problem.

HOW TO CREATE A GOOD OFFER?
1) Niche down! You can't work for everybody. Take, for example, you have heart disease & you are dying (God forbid) & then you are presented with a general surgeon & a cardiologist, who will you choose? Cardiologists abi? Exactly!

You too niche down. Only you cannot be a copywriter, Web designer, graphic designer, etc... kilo de?

2) Pick an industry you resonate with
Let's say you decide to be a graphics designer, but you still can't be a graphics designer that designers for everybody. Pick one industry. Health, aviation, E-commerce, etc. (Refer back to my general surgeon & Cardiologists example)

Now, because I said niche down, you will now go super deep that you will have very few customers imagine being a Cardiologist that only treats BLACK WOMEN!

Niche down but don’t go too deep.... especially as a beginner.

CRITERIA FOR A GOOD OFFER
1) The person has a problem you can solve
2) you can solve it fast
3) the changes you will cause by solving that problem are crystal clear!

As much as I'd love to continue, I can't teach everything about OFFER here.

I hope you got value

Want to know more about offer, I have an OFFER for you

I have a FREE video that explains how you can earn $500 monthly as a freelancer.

If it's what you want, contact me on WhatsApp via +2347015112161

(1) (Reply)

Buy Perfume Oil / ➜ ➜ ➜ EXCLUSIVE & FREE ➜ ➜ ➜16-17th August ➜ Tips & Prediction / Content Writing Of The Highest Professional Quality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.