Stats: 3,194,500 members, 7,954,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:30 PM

Peter Obi Reference Thread - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Reference Thread (1674 Views)

My 2027 Election Reference Thread / Tinubu’s Church Rat Reference To Climate Change Isn't Wrong - Farooq Kperogi / Lagos Mention In Buhari's Interview Not Reference To Tinubu, Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2022
Anambra doctors call off strike after 13 months
February 28, 2012

After over a year of down tools, Anambra State Government employed medical doctors have finally called of strike.
According to Dr. Emma Ekwesianya, Chairman Anambra State chapter of Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), the striking doctors decided to pick up tools again because of the plight of the ordinary people in the societ.
“It is true, we have called off the strike. We have just signed the agreement with government about an hour ago. The Secretary to the State Government (SSG) signed for the government. A technical committee, headed by Prof. O.O. Mbonu was set up to execute the agreement.” He confirmed.

“We decided to take the 60 per cent offered by government because of our people. Government has been rigid and we do not want to continue with the rigidity of government. We are serving the people, not government and our people are suffering.”
Speaking further, Ekwesianya, revealed that a technical committee, headed by Prof. O.O. Mbonu had also been set up by the association to see to the implementation of the agreement with government sequel to the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Peter Obi-led government on Monday.

Chief Medical Director, Anambra State University Teaching Hospital (ASUTH), Amaku, Awka, Dr. Lawrence Ikeakor also confirmed the new development: “Well I’m happy to tell you that the strike has been amicably resolved, even though, like you said, it’s been a prolonged one but suffice it to say that it has been resolved and the doctors have resumed work.”
“The call off was yesterday (Sunday). The doctors had some negotiations and held their congress yesterday, during which they agreed to call off the strike. So they resumed duty today.
They are in their clinic. Well, I was not privy to the agreement but I will say that our representatives were satisfied with the arrangement, hence they decided to call off the strike.” He disclosed.

https://dailypost.ng/2012/02/28/anambra-doctors-call-off-strike-after-13-months/

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 12:02pm On Aug 12, 2022
This is a reference thread about Peter Obi, the LP 2023 presidential candidate.
Please feel free to contribute with verified and credible source information about him

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by midehi2(f): 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2022
Following.....

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by LadyExcellency: 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2022
Do you think reforms come easy?

There are times when government policy clashes with the demands of workers bringing the work to a standstill. The fulcrum becomes the court of public opinion which weighs the demands and the policy and then makes a swing to resolve the impasse.

Sometimes, the government can be wrong and in another instance, the workers may be on the wrong side hence the question becomes where is the public opinion swinging to and who has the best interest of the common man at heart?

Not every industrial action is resolved by bowing to the Union and the blame becomes the government's inefficiencies.
Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by Qtrpst4: 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2022
This is like it too

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by Hartway: 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2022
How We Roll With Hoebi

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by Sergio101(m): 12:16pm On Aug 12, 2022
Hartway:
How We Roll With Hoebi

Wait let me understand.

You are blocking someone that doesn't know of your existence??

Some well above your class??

Someone that can feed your generation??

Someone that will make you shit in the pant if he can come closer to you with his massive security??.

finally.....he has about 1.7 million followers in Twitter, so no need blocking him. I suggest you do shatter your phone on the wall so that Obi can be pained.

Mind you.....a carton of salt poured on ocean means nothing as ocean is the master of salts.

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2022
Qtrpst4:
This is like it too

Please this is for Obi and his LP.
If you have something about Tinubu and his APC, kindly post them on the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/2121046/apc-matters-pictures

Thanks for your understanding and stay blessed.

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by Qtrpst4: 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2022
Nonsense, a thread you created to disburse your hypocrisy and lies? No, my post is very appropriate and I make it with my full chest

anonimi:

Please this is for Obi and his LP.
If you have something about Tinubu and his APC, kindly post them on the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/2121046/apc-matters-pictures

Thanks for your understanding and stay blessed.
Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2022
Peacemaker5128:
THE pan-Yoruba socio- organisation, Afenifere, has urged Nigerians to disregard information from any social media account claiming to belong to Pa Ayo Adebanjo.

The organisation’s National Publicity Secretary, Jare Ajayi, said in a statement on Sunday that the Twitter account which some electronic and online media quoted from did not belong to Adebanjo or any of the Afenifere leaders.

“It is hereby being clearly stated that Chief Adebanjo has no social media account of any sort, be it Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.

“Whenever he has anything to say to the public, he does so directly by addressing the press, through an interview or a press statement. He also addresses the public through the Secretary General or the National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere,” Ajayi said.

https://punchng.com/statement-on-peter-obi-not-from-adebanjo-afenifere/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1659316961

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 9:41am On Aug 31, 2022
OnionBandit:

Obi and supporters are clowns. They will tell you 'go and verify', but when you do, they will start crying

https://observerstimes.com/2022/08/23/many-lies-of-obi-peter-obi-presentation-at-nba-conference-bursted-by-olusola-george-olumoroti/

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 7:54am On Sep 05, 2022
bennybuhari:
“’I cannot take anything back about Obi. I said Obi said he wants to move Nigeria back from consumption to production and I said that is not true. He cannot do it because his own business survives on consumption. Is that a lie? He has been an importer and I said he deals with cash and carry economics; container economics, imports”.

“All the goods that can be produced in Nigeria, Obi imports them in his supermarkets. That is consumption economics. That kind of person cannot tell you that he is moving you from consumption to production. He will then be committing self-economic suicide and Obi will not do that to himself”.

“So, Obi is deceiving everybody and I can’t take that back because that is true.

https://independent.ng/peter-obi-deceiving-everybody-i-wont-retract-my-statement-about-him-dele-alake/

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 7:47am On Sep 15, 2022
SATANICALLY:
In a 2018 interview, Peter Obi said he invested $20 million in International Breweries on behalf of Anambra state as a governor.

Obi’s claim was in response to questions on economic development, Anambra politics and his presidential ambition.

“… Anambra state is the single-highest shareholder in that facility. I invested in it, over $20 million,” Obi had said.

“It is worth almost $100 [million] today.
That’s what government should do.”

TheCable had previously fact-checked some of the claims.

Chukwuma Soludo, governor of Anambra, also debunked a recent statement ascribed to him regarding the investment.

International Breweries (IB) Plc is a subsidiary of the world’s largest brewer, Anheuser-Busch InBev (AB InBev) — a multinational drink and brewing giant based in Leuven, Belgium.

In its 2021 audited financial statement, the company said it holds 43 percent economic interest in International Breweries Plc, a publicly listed company in Nigeria.

According to a report by The Nation, AB InBev merged its Nigerian operations under a single corporate entity in 2017. It had three indirect Nigerian subsidiaries — International Breweries Plc, Intafact Beverages Limited and Pabod Breweries Limited. SABMiller Nigeria Holdings BV — another subsidiary of AB InBev — was also a major stakeholder in Intafact and Pabod.

ANAMBRA’S INVESTMENT

In a statement made available to TheCable on Tuesday, Ifeatu Onejeme, Anambra’s commissioner of finance, confirmed that Peter Obi’s administration invested the sum of N1,955,535,247.00 (an equivalent of approximately $12,616,356.43 at the then average CBN exchange rate of N155.00/$1) in Intafact Beverages Limited, a green-field brewery set up in Onitsha by SABMiller Breweries of South Africa in 2012.

Onejeme added that the state government still holds 407,321,264 ordinary shares of International Breweries Plc in exchange for the Intafact Beverages Limited investment.

“Based on the NGX closing price of N5.50 as of 20/6/22, these shares were valued at N2,240,266,952 on that date,” the statement reads in part.

“Based on the Central Bank of Nigeria I&E exchange rate of N415.75/US$1.00 on same June 20, 2022, this investment was valued at an equivalent of approximately US$5,388,495.37 (and at N604/$1.00 parallel market rate, only US$3,709,051.24).”

https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-peter-obi-administrations-12-24m-investment-in-international-breweries-now-worth-5-38m/

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 3:18pm On Sep 17, 2022
BATified2023:
what’s d difference between buhari n peter obi

Under buhari ASUU strike for 6 months same for 6 month’s lecturers strike under peter obi

Doctors are complaining under buhari same way doctors went on strike for 13 months under peter obi

Peter obi increased ANSU tuition fee by 70% so tell me d difference between peter obi n buhari

As regards insecurity,I believe u know for sure that curbing insecurity n kidnapping was part of Obiano manifesto

As regards economy,peter obi couldn’t add 5 naira to anambra economy,something Obiano quadruple within a year in government n also increased workers salary

So bro tell me d difference between peter obi n buhari

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 9:42am On Sep 20, 2022
Interesting analysis that needs to be VERIFIED.
What could Soludo have to say about this?

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 8:16am On Sep 21, 2022
blamingthedevil:
@PeterObi should represent Nigeria in lying at the next Olympics to guarantee that Nigeria brings home Gold medal. He can lie for Africa. How can Yoruba leaders ask Yoruba not to vote for Peter because he will build a port in SS, when SS already has many ports?

#TableShaker

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1569271563614298112?t=c65NKG1egsw5GZoIlvLr7g&s=19

Peter Obi, a man who refuses to defy IPOB sit at home orders in his own region, is spreading lies against the Yoruba. Accusing them of asking people not to vote for him because he will build a port in the SS. SS that already has at least 3 ports! No be juju be that?

#TableShaker

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1569296527256076295?t=c65NKG1egsw5GZoIlvLr7g&s=19

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 5:33am On Aug 17
aduboy:
Anambra distributes 177 vehicles to traditional rulers
Posted by NAN
Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State, on Monday in Awka, distributed one SUV each to the traditional rulers of the 177 communities in the state.

Obi handed over one of the vehicles’ key to the state Chairman of the Traditional Rulers’ Council, Igwe Alfred Achebe, Obi of Onitsha.

He said that the gesture was aimed at helping them run and build better communities, adding that the vehicles would also help the traditional rulers to function effectively.

“If you have better communities, you will have a better Anambra, Anambra today is changing for better and I want this sustained,” the governor said.

“In doing that, the state government and the local government will do what it can to support the building of a better Anambra.”

Achebe said that he was overjoyed because the governor cared about the well-being and welfare of the traditional rulers.

“It is completely unprecedented in Anambra and probably elsewhere in Nigeria,” he said.

“It is a mighty gesture from the governor and for the government of the state to make a distinct impact on the well-being of the traditional rulers in the state.”

According to him, it was one of the several measures the present administration in the state had taken to improve the wellbeing of the traditional rulers.

“We pray that God will give us a successor that will continue from where Obi has left and lift Anambra to the next level.”

http://telegraphng.com/2013/06/anambra-distributes-177-vehicles-to-traditional-rulers/

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by tricksters: 5:39am On Aug 17
But Reforms should be easy for Tinupoo

LadyExcellency:

There are times when government policy clashes with the demands of workers bringing the work to a standstill. The fulcrum becomes the court of public opinion which weighs the demands and the policy and then makes a swing to resolve the impasse.

Sometimes, the government can be wrong and in another instance, the workers may be on the wrong side hence the question becomes where is the public opinion swinging to and who has the best interest of the common man at heart?

Not every industrial action is resolved by bowing to the Union and the blame becomes the government's inefficiencies.

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by helinues: 5:47am On Aug 17
LadyExcellency:

Mouth changing all the time

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 9:34am On Aug 27
OCTOBER 4, 2021

Report: How Peter Obi as Anambra governor failed to declare assets kept in tax havens

Peter Obi, former governor of Anambra state, kept secret assets in tax havens, a series of leaked documents has shown.

The leaked files which were retrieved from 14 offshore services firms around the world were revealed in a Pandora Papers project led by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ), and which Premium Times is a part of.

In his response, the former governor told Premium Times: “I don’t declare what is owned with others. If my family owns something I won’t declare it. I didn’t declare anything I jointly owed with anyone.”

In 2010, more than four years after Obi became governor, he reportedly set up his first discreet company in the British Virgin Island, and named the company Gabriella Investments Limited, after his daughter.

To set up what has now become a convoluted business structure, Obi, Premium Times reported first approached Acces International, a secrecy enabler in Monaco, France, to help him incorporate an offshore entity in one of the world’s most notorious tax havens noted for providing conduits for wealthy and privileged corrupt political elites to hide stolen cash.

According to the newspaper, Obi also paid Acces International to provide nominee directors for the company — these directors are residents of tax havens paid to sit on boards of companies to hide the identities of real owners of offshore firms.

Acces International officials, who reportedly took briefs from Obi and or his representatives, headed to the British Virgin Island where they contracted a local registered agent – Aleman Cordero Galindo & Lee Trust (BVI) Limited (Alcogal) — to set up Gabriella Investments Limited for the former governor.

https://www.thecable.ng/report-how-peter-obi-as-anambra-governor-failed-to-declare-assets-kept-in-tax-havens/amp/

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 8:24am On Sep 02
November 23, 2010

Anambra, Globim sign MoU for monorail in Onitsha

ANAMBRA State government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with an Canada-based company, Globim Corporation, for the finance, design, construction and operation of monorail system in the commercial city of Onitsha.

Governor Peter Obi signed for the state government, while the chairman of Globim, Dr. Jude Igwemezie, signed for the company during a brief ceremony at Government House, Awka.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/anambra-globim-sign-mou-for-monorail-in-onitsha/amp/

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 12:45pm On Sep 06
newsbook:
Anambra State governor, Chief Willie Obiano has re-echoed his allegation that his predecessor, Mr Peter Obi demanded the sum of N7.5billion from him for sponsoring his election in 2013.

Obiano and his predecessor, Obi have had a frosty relationship shortly after his swearing in.

Obi has however denied that he demanded for the sum of N7.5billion from Obiano, saying that his problem with him was his (Obiano’s) underperformance.

Obi said if he needed the said sum, he would have simply taken it from the N75billion he left for the Obiano administration at the end of his tenure.

But Governor Obiano while speaking on Wednesday evening at Ezechima Primary School, Onitsha where he inaugurated his reelection campaigns in Onitsha North Council Area, said the clarification became necessary because of the recent accusations against him by the former Governor.

He stated that his predecessor had demanded the sum of N7.5billion from him as funds spent in prosecuting the election on his behalf, but that he refused to pay the money because it was not true.

Obiano said he refused to pay because he strongly believed that public funds should be used for public good, and not to settle godfathers.

These, he said, was the reason they fell apart.

The governor said that another reason he refused to pay the money was because he was aware that enough money was raised for his campaign by his friends and associates, all of which were never accounted for by the former governor.

On the actual sum the former Governor claimed he left behind, Governor Obiano made it clear that he inherited liability of about N127 billion debt from him in contracts awarded and other responsibilities, which he has been religiously undertaking in the spirit of continuity.

He said Obi flagged off several roads even on the day he was leaving office and saddled him with the burden of paying for it, but he assured the people that he has his eyes on the ball and will not allow anything to distract him from fulfilling his promises.

The Chairman of the Governor’s Re-election Campaign Committee, Chief Victor Umeh said APGA as the political spirit of Ndigbo, has in the past three and half years, availed Anambra good governance at its best, reminding the people that the upcoming guber election was not about Willie Obiano but about ensuring that the state remained free from political godfatherism.

A former Central Bank Governor, Professor Chukwuma Soludo in his speech said that at this time, the State needs a tested hand like Governor Obiano who has the experience and expertise to effectively steer her affairs.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/10/19/peter-obi-demanded-n7-5bn-sponsoring-election%E2%80%8E-obiano-insists/amp/

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 3:36pm On Sep 06
NLCreator:
Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in the 2023 elections, has defended the purchase of sports utility vehicles (SUVs) for members of the national assembly.

There have been reports that the leadership of the 10th national assembly has bought SUVs for all lawmakers.

Each SUV is said to be valued at N160 million.

The LP had asked members of the party in the national assembly to kick against “wastage”.

While responding to questions during a press conference in Abuja on Monday, the former governor of Anambra said the SUVs are not personal cars of the lawmakers, noting that they are for official use.

“Let me start with the issue of Labour Party members in the house. I have actually discussed this issue with them,” Obi said.

“Surprisingly, I can tell you I heard that these vehicles are official cars. They have to use it. It is meant for office.

“So it is not as if it is their vehicle. They said it is official cars and you are meant to use it while you are in the senate.”

Obi also hinted at contesting for the country’s number one position in 2027, adding that Nigeria deserves dedicated and visionary leaders who will lead the country towards a brighter future.

https://www.thecable.ng/theyre-for-official-use-obi-defends-purchase-of-n160m-suv-for-lawmakers/amp

https://twitter.com/chigozie0102/status/1721941557421486520?t=zkgSwXvLCqmEQdtMVURtBQ&s=19

Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 8:18am On Sep 07
Kidnapping will be history in Anambra under my watch – Obiano
ByPremium Times March 4, 2014

Anambra Governor elect, Willie Obiano, said on Tuesday in Abuja that his administration would ensure that crime, kidnapping in particular, was a thing of the past.

Mr. Obiano spoke to State House correspondents after a delegation from the state met with President Goodluck Jonathan at the Presidential Villa.

“Kidnapping is very critical for us and under my watch kidnapping will be a thing of the past.

“First, as soon as I am sworn-in, there is going to be a security conference where all the stakeholders in Anambra will come from near and beyond.

“We are going to do a lot of things that the present administration has started,” he said.

Mr. Obiano said he would deploy vigilante groups, equip and train them appropriately to tackle kidnapping.

“We will also place emphasis on youth employment because where most of the youths are employed then the rascal few will be easily policeable,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/156165-kidnapping-will-history-anambra-watch-obiano.html?tztc=1
Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 1:51pm On Sep 09
jameshankss:
Anambra State Governor, Professor Chukwuma Soludo, has said he is sure the candidate of Labour Party (LP), Mr Peter Obi, would lose the 2023 presidential election. Soludo said he would not submit to the bullying of Obi’s supporters, who recently descended on him for addressing issues in the state.

The governor made the comments in a lengthy write-up personally authored, with the title, “History Beckons, and I Will Not Be Silent (Part 1).”

Soludo said Obi was inadvertently making the pathway to victory much easier for the presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, and at the same time, toying with the destiny of millions of Ndigbo.

But the chief spokesperson for the Labour Party Presidential Campaign, Yunusa Tanko, accused Soludo of being sponsored by some unknown persons to weaken the base of the party in the South-east.

The former CBN governor had been under intense attack for close to a week for dismissing Obi’s investment in the state as amounting to nothing, during a television interview.

Soludo said in the write-up, “My attention has been drawn to some of the tirades on social media following my frank response during an interview on Channels TV regarding the ‘investments’ Mr. Peter Obi claimed to have made with Anambra State revenues.

“Sadly, several of the comments left the issue of the interview to probe or suggest motives, inferred from my response on ‘investment’ that I am opposed to Peter Obi’s ambition and, therefore, committed a ‘crime’ for which the punishment is internecine abuse and harassment, even to my family.

“Everyone knows that I don’t follow the winds or one to succumb to bullies, or shy away from a good fight especially, when weighty matters of principles and future of the people are involved.”

Soludo said he had urged Obi to return to his former party, the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), to actualise his presidential bid. He added that he had always told the LP candidate to his face that he was not capable of winning the 2023 presidential election, especially, under LP, which had neither a councillor nor a local government chairman.

Soludo said Obi was not just his friend, but also his brother, but despite that, they have their political differences.

He stated, “For full disclosure, let me state that Peter Obi and I are not just friends, we call ourselves ‘brothers’. But we have political differences: he left APGA for PDP after his tenure as governor, while I have remained in APGA since 2013.

“During the last two governorship elections in Anambra in 2017 and 2021, he led the PDP campaigns but APGA won landslide in both elections. By the way, in 2016, he visited and proposed that I defect to PDP and contest the 2017 election against the incumbent Willie Obiano, but I declined.

“After my victory in November 2021, he called to congratulate me, as I did to him in 2010. That is the Anambra way: we fight fiercely during campaigns but share drinks at the next social events. After all, it was the Great Zik of Africa, who taught us that in politics, there are no permanent friends or permanent enemies but only permanent interests.”

Arguing that Obi’s presidential bid would only work in favour of Tinubu, Soludo said, “Indeed, if I were Asiwaju Tinubu, I would even give Peter Obi money as someone heading one of the departments of his campaign, because Obi is making Tinubu’s pathway to victory much easier by indirectly pulling down PDP.”

Obi, according to Soludo, would only deplete the votes of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and pave the path for an APC victory.

He stated, “The current fleeting frenzy, if not checked, will cost Ndigbo dearly for years. The South-east has the lowest number of votes of any region, but it is also the only region where the presidential race might be a four-way race (it is a two-way race in the other five regions) thereby, ensuring that our votes won’t count in the making of the next president of Nigeria.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/11/15/soludo-i-wont-succumb-to-bullies-obi-knows-he-cant-win/
Re: Peter Obi Reference Thread by anonimi: 12:38pm On Sep 12
Biodun556:
A group of Abia pensioners has appealed to Gov. Alex Otti to revisit and rescind the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) signed with their leaders and pay them their remaining retirement benefits.

The group, operating under the Abia Pensioners’ Forum, a pressure group within the state chapter of Nigeria Union of Pensioners (NUP), made the appeal on Wednesday in Umuahia.

The Coordinator of the group, Mr. Okey Kanu, made the appeal while briefing newsmen on the governor’s claim that his government had defrayed the arrears of pensions left behind by Okezie Ikpeazu’s administration.

Kanu implored the governor to pay the balance of their pension arrears and gratuity.

He said that before the MOA, many of their members were cumulatively owed up to 60 months, while the last payment of gratuity was in 2002.

He commended Otti for the regular payment of their monthly pension since April and his developmental strides in the state.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the governor had in April said the state had paid all the pension arrears owed to at least 12,500 pensioners, dating back to 2014.

The governor had disclosed that over N9 billion was spent from the N10 billion set aside by the government to offset the accumulated pension arrears.

Meanwhile, Kanu said that the governor was free to liquidate the balance of the retirement benefits by instalments, if the government could not do so in one swoop.

He said that the state government and NUP officials had signed an MOA, in which their arrears of pension and gratuity were forfeited to the government.

He said that the minutes of the enlarged NUP meeting of January 11, referred to by the government in the MOA, showed that the issue of gratuity was not mentioned.

Kanu, a legal practitioner, insisted that what was deliberated on was the issue of pension arrears.

He said: “In effect, signing the MOA containing the forfeiture of our gratuity in addition was ultra vires to NUP officers, hence not binding on our members.

“To date, the MOA has remained a secret document to our members.

“We gathered that the state NUP officials had written two letters to the State Government, requesting a meeting to discuss gray areas of the MOA.

“One of such gray areas, according to the NUP officials, is that the issue of gratuity was never part of their negotiation and agreement with the government.”

Kanu said that the arrears of pension and gratuity were not negotiable “because they are personal, statutory and their legitimate entitlements in the service”.

He contended that gratuity was savings from their salary, while they were in service and was supposed to be paid to them immediately on retirement.

According to him, it is unfathomable how the State Government can negotiate with vulnerable pensioners, who are deprived and famished over the years.

https://guardian.ng/news/abia-pensioners-beg-otti-to-pay-retirement-benefits/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&Echobox=1726123741&utm_source=Facebook

Umahi Mocks ARISE TV Host Rufai Over His Traffic Offence He Committed (video) / Obi Never Slept At A Meeting... Picture Was Doctored / How Keke Riders Is Being Force To Pay 1000 Naira To Support Tinubu In Lagos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110