Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

UPDATED: I Didn’t Say ‘obidients’ Are Zombies – Femi Kuti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UPDATED: I Didn’t Say ‘obidients’ Are Zombies – Femi Kuti (489 Views)

Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) / Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Say ‘Obidients’ Are Zombies / UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

UPDATED: I Didn’t Say ‘obidients’ Are Zombies – Femi Kuti by Mckandre(m): 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2022
Afrobeats musician Femi Kuti has denied saying ‘Obidients’ are zombies. The supporters of the Labour Party presidential candidate for 2023, Peter Obi, are known as the “Obidients.”

Reports had it that Kuti described Obidients as zombies. “You know what obedience means? Stand up, sit down, sit there — zombie.

“How can you be Obidient in this chaos? I am not Obidient. Tell me, at 60, why am I Obidient? You said I should be Obidient, sit down, be peaceful,” he said. “Are you all okay in this country?”, Mr Kuti was accused of saying during a performance at the Shrine Thursday night.

But reacting in a series of Tweets on Friday, Kuti noted that he was misquoted, adding that he never called the youths zombies.

His words: “You are such liars. Of what benefit is it to the people when you take my words out of context like this?

“I said I’m too angry at my age to be obedient. Expressing I do not like the ‘term’. But if Peter Obi wins and actually changes the country better for all of us

“How you all come up with fabricated lies beats me. But why all the lies? You heard me endorse him or ever anyone? Mr Mc lie lie. Yes and where did I called the youths zombies? I AM NOT BAT.”

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7277343/only-zombies-obedient-femi-kuti

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

https://www-vanguardngr-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/updated-i-didnt-say-obidients-are-zombies-femi-kuti/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#aoh=16603334805590&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanguardngr.com%2F2022%2F08%2Fupdated-i-didnt-say-obidients-are-zombies-femi-kuti%2F

Re: UPDATED: I Didn’t Say ‘obidients’ Are Zombies – Femi Kuti by Malory: 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2022
Tinubu is fighting dirty.

8 Likes

Re: UPDATED: I Didn’t Say ‘obidients’ Are Zombies – Femi Kuti by blazingblender(m): 9:43pm On Aug 12, 2022
Mouth
Baba please keep quiet you have already spoilt your reputation by being one sided ...
Cus this shit you are saying right now ...
No one cares
Re: UPDATED: I Didn’t Say ‘obidients’ Are Zombies – Femi Kuti by yerokunphilips: 9:43pm On Aug 12, 2022
Forget whatever they are saying ,this Obi movement is really giving them sleepless nights both APC and PDP . At first they thought once BBN start the noise will reduce but to their greatest surprise, even the house mate joined the movevent. If the youth keep working like this till next year . Both APC and PDP will be surprised.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: I Didn’t Say ‘obidients’ Are Zombies – Femi Kuti by Angela29(f): 9:47pm On Aug 12, 2022
Hmmm okay
Re: UPDATED: I Didn’t Say ‘obidients’ Are Zombies – Femi Kuti by Quest7777: 9:48pm On Aug 12, 2022

The real zombies are those campaigning for a country of over 200million citizens to end up with a President like this...

Re: UPDATED: I Didn’t Say ‘obidients’ Are Zombies – Femi Kuti by michelz: 9:51pm On Aug 12, 2022
When you opened your mouth to say rubbish without recourse to critical thinking, what were you thinking? Didn't you reason that there would be vultures out there waiting to latch on your words to cause rancor?
To remedy this, you ought to come out and proclaim that you are OBIDIENT.
Re: UPDATED: I Didn’t Say ‘obidients’ Are Zombies – Femi Kuti by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2022
Agbadorians won't be happy
Re: UPDATED: I Didn’t Say ‘obidients’ Are Zombies – Femi Kuti by Qtrpst4: 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2022
What else are agbadorian know for if not lies and propaganda

Re: UPDATED: I Didn’t Say ‘obidients’ Are Zombies – Femi Kuti by PointZerom: 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2022
grin

Behold the ancestor that has refused to rest. He claimed every good works his successors have done but refused to accept that he's behind the killing of EndSars protesters at Lekki.

Re: UPDATED: I Didn’t Say ‘obidients’ Are Zombies – Femi Kuti by PointZerom: 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2022
cheesy

Re: UPDATED: I Didn’t Say ‘obidients’ Are Zombies – Femi Kuti by NwaMamaIwota(f): 10:19pm On Aug 12, 2022
Tinubu urchins are real definition of lairs, bastards, criminals and toxic.

thunder scatter Tinubu urchins
Re: UPDATED: I Didn’t Say ‘obidients’ Are Zombies – Femi Kuti by Viscuz: 10:23pm On Aug 12, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:
Tinubu urchins are real definition of lairs, bastards, criminals and toxic.

thunder scatter Tinubu urchins
Amin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: I Didn’t Say ‘obidients’ Are Zombies – Femi Kuti by Mynd44: 7:59am On Aug 13, 2022

(1)

Tinubu Told Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors In 2011 / Ortom Break Silence / Election2023: All Top 3 Candidates Flew To London To Visit Wike, Hmmmmm.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.