Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? (25978 Views)

What Can I Apply On My Hair To Make It Grow Faster? (Pics) / Check Out My Natural Hair 2 Years After Being Mocked About My Hair / My Hair is Turning Extremely Brown!!,,,help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by darlenese(f): 10:30am On Sep 01, 2022
timmydrogba:

Nah lie hmmm. Sha have money and take care of yourself kiss
I locked mine Aug last year .
OP. Look and see it looks good on me even as a dude. The famzing is high these days lol . It create Attraction. If you don't get it NVM grin grin

Bro trust me you will look cuter with a neat hair cut.
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by abiaumo(m): 11:33am On Sep 01, 2022
darlenese:

I guess this is one of those smelly looking girls who think they look cute , only if you know how dirty you look

Ignorance has swallowed you whole, keep your poisonous and misleading opinion to yourself. It clearly shows M on my profile and you still referred to me as if I'm female. I clearly knew you were a DUNCE when you first commented.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by ILuvMerije(f): 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2022
1Sharon:
I've considered locking my hair aswell but I'm scared I'll also get bored.

But you can braid on top of them.

And you can comb them out with conditioner so they aren't permanent.
Are there teemporary locs that can be combed out. If there are, like how many months can I use them before combing the locs out?
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by ILuvMerije(f): 4:28pm On Sep 01, 2022
Esther30:

We have temporary and permanent locks.so be sure which you are going for
The temporary locs is for howw long? Do you mean to say that with temporary locs, I can have my real hair back? Anticipating your reply. Thanks
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by Modupetemmy1(f): 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2022
Tocco:
Wow.. How much did you spend in total?

My younger sister did it,she is a hairstylist.
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by chekz169: 11:07am On Sep 07, 2022
Thought of locking my hair but the thought disappears when I was told 146k for both the extension and installation.

Blackdeewhy:
Who says lock is boring
I've locked mine since 2018 and I keep loving it everyday. Though it can be expensive to manage, but with the right stylist, you can never be wrong.
With time andlots of videos then my dread is long now, I can park any ATTACHMENTS/ BRAIDS style effortlessly.
I tinted the mouth though, and I lock once a month.
It's the best decision I've ever taken in my life. I love my dread, my boo love it, my daughter likes to play with it( infact she begs to touch it most times)
So, dread is cool IF YOU MAINT IT.
And yes, I work in a cooperate organization.
Cheers to all that rock their SISTERS LOCK with PRIDE
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by Kelemu(f): 4:40pm On Sep 07, 2022
Good news!
You do not have to go bald if you don't want the locks anymore.
Leave the dread locks to have new growths without re-locking, the new growth should be at least 8 to 10 inches long ( it's depends on the length you want).
After cutting, you still have some amount of healthy hair left. kiss

1 Like

Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by Kelemu(f): 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2022
Pocohantas
Kelemu:
Good news!
You do not have to go bald if you don't want the locks anymore.
Leave the dread locks to have new growths without re-locking, the new growth should be at least 8 to 10 inches long ( it's depends on the length you want).
After cutting, you still have some amount of healthy hair left. kiss
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2022
Check out my ONE YEAR lock journey.

I just re-locked and I go every 6 weeks. I pay only $85 each time I go and spend only one hour.

I have learned to lock and style my own hair too.
So I only go to the Lockitian 6 times a year.

I have quite a lot of hair pieces to accentuate my locks to make different styles. My locks grew INCHES in 1 year. Not bad at all. kiss

EVERYONE IN MY HOUSE HAS LOCKS!

No more braids! All natural hair ONLY!❤️❤️❤️

Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2022
My 6 month locks.❤️❤️❤️

The lines always stay the same.

Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:39pm On Sep 12, 2022
I don’t like my locks on my face.
I packed them tightly for a super youthful look.❤️❤️❤️

1 Like

Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:41pm On Sep 12, 2022
The best decision EVER!!!!❤️❤️❤️

Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:52pm On Sep 12, 2022
Good news?
I can go swimming ANYTIME without worriers.
Just go home, shampoo, condition and re-twist!

❤️❤️❤️

Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2022
Duplipost
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by Phrankher(f): 9:21am On Sep 14, 2022
Locs is good for someone who doesn't have time for hair wahala. But note, you have to keep relocking for the first few weeks or months. When the locs are fully matured, u can rock it 2months without relocking depending on how you maintain it. Relocking is affordable depending on your location.

Mine is 2years, 3 months

Started form lowcut

Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by Czathedemigod: 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2022
pocohantas:

I am scared I would get tired of one look.

I have seen my friend wear wigs on her locks and I don’t like the look. lipsrsealed
Go gurl!! I'm a lochead too & trust me it's been a fun but not cheap journey. I've got a very creative loctician & a lot of people have joind the trend thanks to the time & proper care i invest in my locs..
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by Czathedemigod: 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
Duplipost
Did you cut your locs already?!
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2022
Czathedemigod:

Did you cut your locs already?!

Oh noooooo! Put an Afro Puff Bun on it. cool

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by Czathedemigod: 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Oh noooooo! Put an Afro Puff Bun on it. cool
Ooh great lol,can't even begin to imagine
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2022
Czathedemigod:

Ooh great lol,can't even begin to imagine

It is only 1 year old. Not ready to cut it yet.
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2022
Phrankher:
Locs is good for someone who doesn't have time for hair wahala. But note, you have to keep relocking for the first few weeks or months. When the locs are fully matured, u can rock it 2months without relocking depending on how you maintain it. Relocking is affordable depending on your location.

Mine is 2years, 3 months

Started form lowcut

Neat and BEAUTIFUL.✅

1 Like

Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by Czathedemigod: 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

It is only 1 year old. Not ready to cut it yet.
Very well then,it looks good on you btw, you're beautiful!
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2022
Czathedemigod:

Very well then,it looks good on you btw, you're beautiful!

Thank you.
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by KanwuliaExtra: 5:01pm On Oct 09, 2022
Loc styles are awesome.

Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by Czathedemigod: 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Thank you.
You're welcome milady
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by Jeon(f): 11:19am On Oct 21, 2022
1Sharon:

Says who? undecided
I'm definitely locking my hair this time around. Bleep the stereotypes! angry

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by ajailer(m): 1:42pm On Dec 25, 2022
pocohantas:

I am scared I would get tired of one look.

I have seen my friend wear wigs on her locks and I don’t like the look. lipsrsealed

Hi,

Merry Christmas to you.
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by pocohantas(f): 1:44pm On Dec 25, 2022
ajailer:

Hi,

It’s a work based mssg as I will like you to put me thru on some stuffs.

Nairaland is okay for this. Merry Christmas to you too.
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by ajailer(m): 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2022
pocohantas:

Nairaland is okay for this. Merry Christmas to you too.

Well since you feel okay here on NL. My talk is on upwork. I want to know the type of project management course you took on udemy since there are lots of project management courses on offer there. Enlighten me on this pls.
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by pocohantas(f): 3:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
ajailer:

Well since you feel okay here on NL. My talk is on upwork. I want to know the type of project management course you took on udemy since there are lots of project management courses on offer there. Enlighten me on this pls.

I don’t think I said I took a Project Management course on Udemy. What I did say was, I got a resource from my friend who is a PM and I learned some tools via Udemy.

You can always read reviews to know which course is good enough. Just avoid Indian tutors and you would be fine. You can also do a lot of Youtube-ing for free tutorials.

I am not a PM. The reason I learned those tools was because many of them use these things to monitor and assign tasks. So they require you to have basic to intermediate knowledge of them.

If you are a budding PM, then you have to throw your question open to other PMs for industry-specific answers.
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by ibkayee(f): 3:09pm On Dec 29, 2022
Did you end up doing it? It would really suit you
Re: I Want To Lock My Hair, Is There Anything I Need To Know? by pocohantas(f): 3:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
ibkayee:
Did you end up doing it? It would really suit you

I didn’t. But I am back to it because I just found a good loctician. It would probably be after the festive period sha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Accessory You Hate Seeing On A Lady? / “Describe Your Own Personal Style” / Miss Kenya, Messry Lung'atso Emerges The Beauty Of Africa International 2022*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.