Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment (490 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Under Fire Over His Comment About Datti / Femi Kuti: Peter Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Down African Shrine / Wike: I Have Great Respect For Tinubu But His Comment On Edo Crisis Shocked Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by mubaudeenka: 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0RgzjZcHts

Top musician Femi Kuti in a recent Instagram video post has addressed supporters of Labour Party (LP)’s presidential candidate, Peter Obi, who have been on his case. Kuti disclosed that he got tons of threats against his family members and the supporters equally threatened to burn the Afrikan Shrine, simply because he allegedly tagged them as ‘zombies

The musician made it clear that all he did was come out to distance himself from the ‘obedient’ tag and give a clear context of what he meant

“I’m too angry, I’m too sad and depressed to be ‘obedient’. How can anyone come up with that term? How can you be obedient? Me I can’t be obedient in this country. End SARS, Killings…,”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuBzdETIpNw
Kuti explained. According to him, being obedient simply means being told what to do without putting up any restraints. Kuti added that he equally mentioned the relationship between Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar and Obi, and how they would have remained close pals if things panned out the way they wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5SuBxgAU4o

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by Totilopussylick(m): 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2022
They are Tinubu urchins pretending to be obedient supporters

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by God1000(m): 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2022
I thought he debunked the statement

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by Blakjewelry(m): 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2022
They are terrorist no better than bh

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by OkutaNla: 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2022
So they actually threatened Femi simply for expressing his freedom not to be 'Obidient'? These Obi supporters are exhibiting terrorist tendencies. This is absurd. He's not yet president and they're threatening people up and down. What will now happen when he assumes office? God forbid o.

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by marenalexander7: 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2022
The kutis should allow Obidients be. They didn't attack Buhari that has ruined this country but they want to criticize Obi,they are not after the old man who is not physically and mentally fit to lead but Obi,they are not after the autocratic fulani man who's aim is to sell the entire nation infrastructure but Obi. They should expect the worse. Nonsense.

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by ajekpaks(m): 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2022
This is getting stale

No Obi supporter will do such...

We know who the real urchins are

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by danjumaisah: 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2022
Every time Obi's supporters threatened this and threatened that. Same alliteration all the time. Please tell us another line of lie. This one is already stale.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by dangerousd071: 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2022
For the coming elections in 2023, while some candidates are engaging the existential issues challenging our survival as a nation in their manifesto, others are throwing tantrums of sentiments as their own manifesto:

Obi poo pooed on my chair.

Obi slapped me.

Obi ate my food.

Obi called me a goat.

Obi winked.

Obi's children laughed at me.

Obi does not have a house.

Obi ate my biscuits.

Obi stepped on me.

Obi is not sitting well.

Obi is drinking water...

And surprisingly, their baits of vindictiveness catch ignorant fishes.

Some people hope to win the election with Obi's name.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2022
When I say things like " are you listening to the words you are saying? " or " Be very careful of the words coming out of your mouth" and lastly, " Think! Before you make that statement." My friends tell me I should relax, that people need to speak their minds, regardless of whose ox is gored. Well, here we are ....

For a senior, supposedly cosmopolitan dude, Femi should have used his mind. We are in sensitive times, & a lot of people are angry at the situation in the country and have found hope in "being Obidient".

Now is not the time to mess with the term especially by calling obedience/ being obedient -Zombies. That, was a foolish act.

Sam omatseye tried it, how's that playing out for him?

We need to be careful.

You don't like obi? Just dey your lane. Focus on your candidate. (Vice versa for other candidates.)
The sky is wide enough for a thousand birds to fly without contact.

Loose lips sink ships and at best, put you in trouble.

A word is enough for the wise.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by AtikuNetwork: 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2022
At the rate these extremist Peter Obi supporters are going, they're setting a dangerous precedent all in the name of campaigning and supporting their candidate. It's not by force for goodness sake. Is this how the rest of the country will be gagged and intimidated from criticizing their candidate if he becomes president?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by Austino50: 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2022
Foolish people who always want to force their stupid believe and who they support on others and yet they want a better society

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by robinso01(m): 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2022
This is so foolish of them. What is now the difference between Muslims fighting for Muhammed and fans fighting on behalf of obi? We must learn to tolerate our political differences. The same politicians that you're trying to fight are out there doing meetings and having nice time together, their children are even in abroad enjoying our stolen resources, while you the fighters are here in Nigeria suffering and still fighting on the behalf of people that put us in the situation.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by adeeyarhabdulla: 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2022
Typical of Peter Obi's supporters. They can malign and insult Tinubu and Atiku but no one should talk down almighty Pitobi. The one and only saint politician in Nigeria.

Obi's supporters are undiluted anarchist. God will not allow anarchist rule Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by favourobaro90: 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
This guy is being paid to tarnish OBI and #OBIdient movement. This is just a flash in the pan, storm in a tea cup, the handwork of Tinubu. Which obidient will leave the movement agenda to be talking about burning Fela shrine when he is not Fela, he is just using his father's name and #OBIdient to trend as a forgotten artist.
#Obidient movement doesn't have touts and agberos of agbado jagabandit supporters that involve in thug live and physical violence.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by DeleTaller: 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2022
I will suggest that Mr. Femi Kuti put additional security on his event centre... This is the guise they used to burn down TVC and BRT in Lagos state.. And its high time the AIG invite Peter Obi for questioning.

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by Steven809: 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2022
I don't really believe all of these stuff against Obi's supporters. They are baseless.

I am a supporter, and i respect your choice. Nevertheless, I wish u vote based on sound reason beyond tribe and religion.
Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by feedthenation(m): 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2022
---Femi Kuti have got freedom of speech and association---he shouldn't be threatened---Obi and his 'obedient' supporters should keep their rhetorics low---
Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by Oghighirhighi: 1:50pm On Aug 13, 2022
I am very happy at the way the 'Obidients' are going about everything GEJ went the civil way and what did it earned him? humiliation. We should be ready to jump over the dead bodies of some people for us to achieve our ultimate aim in this country.
Re: Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment by Mynd44: 6:34am On Aug 14, 2022

(1)

Peter Obi Gaga Lawyers After Ushered At Nigerian Bar Association Lagos / NBA Conference: Kachikwu Calls Tinubu Great Grandfather, Atiku – Grandfather, Pe / Osinbajo Launches FG's Energy Transition Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.