Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Lawyers And Concerned Citizens In The House!!! Ple Help - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lawyers And Concerned Citizens In The House!!! Ple Help (397 Views)

First Bank Deletes Tweet Asking Citizens To Bring Their ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Notes / Lebanese Citizens Are Robbing Their Banks To Withdraw Their Own Money (Photos) / Ple If U Know How To Write Awesome Proposals Do Contact Me (am In Umuahia) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers And Concerned Citizens In The House!!! Ple Help by AltarBoy1: 4:10pm On Aug 13, 2022
Greetings to everyone, I was inspired to creat this post by the thread below which I saw yesterday on front page

https://www.nairaland.com/7277414/how-peace-mass-paid-n500000

I want to know if there is a way I can get my money back from this company

Here is my story, I will be as snippy as possible.

Sometimes last year, I contacted an FMCG company in Ogun state with the intention of been their distributor in my current state of residence. Application was made and money paid into their account. Goods was sent to me. I started marketing the goods with my own resource, spent a lot of money on marketing and the product been a new one and have a high price when compared to other similar products, it wasn't moving as I envisioned. Still yet, I wasn't discouraged I kept pushing.

Ending of last year and beginning of this year, at a time when sales began to improve, company's supplies reduced to zero probably due to high cost of raw material. My customers were calling for product I have none... And I have been calling company for product, non was available.

Still writing....
Re: Lawyers And Concerned Citizens In The House!!! Ple Help by AltarBoy1: 4:18pm On Aug 13, 2022
For a very long time, there was no product available say the company and my customers have all forgotten that such products even exist due to its unavailability.

I have been calling the sales rep of our region times without number and same story always come out. No products.

Even as at last month that I called, there was no product. Right now I have given up. I know that if product comes today or tomorrow, I will run at lost as I will have to start from beginning to market it. And on my own, I won't to shut down my branch of business that sales that particular product.

I have close to a million naira with the company and want a refund.

I have called the sales rep several times asking for refund, he said the company runs a "no refund policy".

I tried calling the number on the product label but it's not reachable.

I looked through the contact page of consumer protection agency in Nigeria, that of my state of residence is not going. When I called that of Abuja, the lady that picked said I should call Lagos. Have been calling Lagos, ringing no picking.

I want to ask the general house, do I have a chance of getting my money back or it's all gone.

Plz help me out.
Re: Lawyers And Concerned Citizens In The House!!! Ple Help by Blackdeewhy(m): 4:27pm On Aug 13, 2022
I red here few days ago about how PMT was sued and the court instructed PMT to pay the passenger #500,000.
In the article I red NON REFUNDABLE policy is prohibited in Nigeria.
Kindly talk to a lawyer. All the best
Re: Lawyers And Concerned Citizens In The House!!! Ple Help by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2022
Wish you good luck.
Re: Lawyers And Concerned Citizens In The House!!! Ple Help by AltarBoy1: 4:39pm On Aug 13, 2022
Blackdeewhy:
I red here few days ago about how PMT was sued and the court instructed PMT to pay the passenger #500,000.
In the article I red NON REFUNDABLE policy is prohibited in Nigeria.
Kindly talk to a lawyer. All the best

Thanks so much...

Let me look for someone to interpret that law for me.
Re: Lawyers And Concerned Citizens In The House!!! Ple Help by Immatex(m): 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2022
You will always get your money back in cash or in products. The choice is yours.

There's no such thing as Non-Refund.

I suggest you exhaust all avenues of reaching the right people at the company.

You should also name them here or even on Twitter.
Someone here might know how best to reach them.

By all lawful means, go get your money.
Re: Lawyers And Concerned Citizens In The House!!! Ple Help by AltarBoy1: 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2022
Immatex:

You will always get your money back in cash or in products. The choice is yours.

There's no such thing as Non-Refund.

I suggest you exhaust all avenues of reaching the right people at the company.

You should also name them here or even on Twitter.
Someone here might know how best to reach them.

By all lawful means, go get your money.

I really don't want the money in product now. Cos it's going to cost me more money to sell as I will have to start my promotion once again. It's been a long time since there was product availability.
Re: Lawyers And Concerned Citizens In The House!!! Ple Help by Enkidu70: 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2022
AltarBoy1:
For a very long time, there was no product available say the company and my customers have all forgotten that such products even exist due to its unavailability.

I have been calling the sales rep of our region times without number and same story always come out. No products.

Even as at last month that I called, there was no product. Right now I have given up. I know that if product comes today or tomorrow, I will run at lost as I will have to start from beginning to market it. And on my own, I won't to shut down my branch of business that sales that particular product.

I have called the sales rep several times asking for refund, he said the company runs a "no refund policy".

I looked through the contact page of consumer protection agency in Nigeria, that of my state of residence is not going. When I called that of Abuja, the lady that picked said I should call Lagos. Have been calling Lagos, ringing no picking.

I want to ask the general house, do I have a chance of getting my money back or it's all gone.

Plz help me out.

Better you wait for them to start producing again and extract your money as product. Once you go to court now they wont give you product again

Meanwhile there should be some sort of credit scheme where you take like twice what you paid for pending when you're able to sell...most coys do that with their distributors. You can also capitalize on that to get back your investment, if you know what I mean
Re: Lawyers And Concerned Citizens In The House!!! Ple Help by AltarBoy1: 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2022
Enkidu70:

Better you wait for them to start producing again and extract your money as product. Once you go to court now they wont give you product again

Meanwhile there should be some sort of credit scheme where you take like twice what you paid for pending when you're able to sell...most coys do that with their distributors. You can also capitalize on that to get back your investment, if you know what I mean

I don't really get you..
Re: Lawyers And Concerned Citizens In The House!!! Ple Help by Enkidu70: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2022
AltarBoy1:

I don't really get you..

Did they used to give you goods on credit? It makes it easier for you to pull out your funds if they do, but you're not likely to pull out cash, only product.
Re: Lawyers And Concerned Citizens In The House!!! Ple Help by ejimatic: 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
AltarBoy1:

Plz help me out.
. Is no refund policy part of the agreement of the company? If no you have a strong legal case against the company!
Re: Lawyers And Concerned Citizens In The House!!! Ple Help by WATCHOVER(m): 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2022
Sue them but Contact your Lawyer.
No refund policy is a fraudulent statement

(1) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua: Biography, Education, Career, Achievements, Controversy and Net / Top Trading Skills That Crypto Traders Must Have / Let Me Show You How You Can Earn #3000 Per Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.