Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,317 members, 7,829,763 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Those That Compare Themselves With Themselves Are Not Wise - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Those That Compare Themselves With Themselves Are Not Wise (185 Views)

It Is Disrespectful To Compare Rema To Wizkid — Do You Agree? / Booking Cheap Flights – Compare Flight Tickets / Its Funny How Nigerians Compare Themselves To Ghanaians Thou. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Those That Compare Themselves With Themselves Are Not Wise by AdetoyeAyomikun: 8:03pm On Aug 13, 2022
It's not wise to compare ourselves with others. That is just plain. Those that compare themselves with themselves are not wise, which implies its foolishness to compare.
Compare simply means “to point out as similar”
You can never be similar to another person, it's not possible. You can be the same height the same weight, the same age. You can't have the same experience, you can pass through the same thing.
To compare oneself with another is wrong, it also shows the foolishness in you.

Ooo why is my life not like this person why is my life just meaningless why don't I have money like this person, it's not wise at all.

Having also seen people compare themselves with others in terms of my own is still better than this one is life is meaningless or sort it is an error it's foolishness

There can age mate classmate course mate, but there is no destiny mate.

What makes up a man is different conditions and experiences are different.

But comparison helps me to be a better version of myself.

When we constantly compare ourselves to others, we waste precious energy focusing on other people's lives rather than our own.

Those that constantly compare themselves with another disappears

Those That Compare Always Doesn't Appear

You will notice yourself disappear, you will no longer see yourself but the other person

The natural human tendency is to compare ourselves with others. If we are doing better—or think we are doing better—than someone else, we feel good about ourselves. But in reality, our standard is Jesus Christ, and when we compare ourselves with Him, we see how much we need His help (Ephesians 4:13-15)

#statusmessage
Adetoye Ayomikun
Re: Those That Compare Themselves With Themselves Are Not Wise by Cypress042(m): 8:11pm On Aug 13, 2022
Without comparisons and competitions believe me so many niggars in the street would remain stagnant in life.

Some comparison is important in life to keep a man moving cool
Re: Those That Compare Themselves With Themselves Are Not Wise by AdetoyeAyomikun: 1:15am On Aug 14, 2022
I think I have answered this already.
What we called comparison is nothing but self pity.You have no other version of yourself,make that version better and not to compare with another version. If your movement is based on comparing yourself with another person,I tell you that movement will stop the moment that person stops.
The only person you may want to put your life on is Jesus cause he can never fail.

If you are scared of being stagnant so you continue to make a man be your motivation what of if that person fails then stagnation will be back to that life.

Those that compare themselves with themselves are not wise.

(1) (Reply)

How I Got Raped Yesterday � / Learn How To Play 736 In The Key Of A Flat / Mini Washer And Spinner Machines...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.