Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? (833 Views)

What Do I Think About Jehovah Witness Members And Religion As A Whole? / How God Saved Me From The Hands Of Bandits On My Way To Abuja / 8 Repentant Militants & Kidnappers Become Pastors At OPM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by HardMirror(m): 9:18am On Aug 14, 2022
MOST PEOPLE CLAIMING TO BE CHRISTIANS DO NOT BELIEVE OR TRUST IN THE GOD THEY CLAIM TO WORSHIP
https://www.nairaland.com/7279956/please-forgive-us-repentant-insurgents
this is a thread where some Boko Haram members who have repented are doing community service, and almost all the comments in the thread do not agree they should be forgiven.

So where are the so-called Christians in Nigeria? Even Jesus that you claim to follow has instructed you to forgive as he himself has forgiven you.

Even the murderer on the cross was forgiven by Jesus. Are you saying you are better than Jesus?
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by Totilopussylick(m): 9:21am On Aug 14, 2022
grin

Yes
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by God1000(m): 9:22am On Aug 14, 2022
No
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by HardMirror(m): 9:27am On Aug 14, 2022
God1000:
No
are you a christian?
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by xproducer: 9:28am On Aug 14, 2022
"For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." - Matthew 6:14-15

"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." - Ephesians 4:32
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by HardMirror(m): 9:32am On Aug 14, 2022
xproducer:
"For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." - Matthew 6:14-15

"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." - Ephesians 4:32
so why are Nigerian Christians not forgiving. They always want death sentence for almost any offense
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by God1000(m): 9:33am On Aug 14, 2022
HardMirror:
are you a christian?
100%
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by advanceDNA: 9:36am On Aug 14, 2022
HardMirror:
so why are Nigerian Christians not forgiving. They always want death sentence for almost any offense

Is there no democratic law in this land ....is the law of the land Christian law that should forgive rapist, murderers, and every offence..?? U atheist will just come and be capping

Bokoharam commited offence again the law of the land.....if the need forgiveness they should ask God or the families of those they raped or murdered.....
Even the bible says justice must not be corrupted or distorted

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by xproducer: 9:39am On Aug 14, 2022
HardMirror:

+++

Why indeed... only the Lord GOD can answer this! We needn't judge anyone (Matthew 7:1-5)... for GOD is Judge Himself (Psalm 50:6).

We ought to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12)

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 7:21

"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." - 2 Timothy 2:19
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by TANID(m): 9:52am On Aug 14, 2022
God1000:
100%
no you're not
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by HardMirror(m): 9:54am On Aug 14, 2022
advanceDNA:

Is there no democratic law in this land ....is the law of the land Christian law that should forgive rapist, murderers, and every offence..?? U atheist will just come and be capping

Bokoharam commited offence again the law of the land.....if the need forgiveness they should ask God or the families of those they raped or murdered.....
this is nothing but an excuse to do what you really want to do. you don't believe in your god. God is just a convenient excuse for you when it suits you and to be discarded when his laws and instructions to you are not favorable. why don't you leave unbelievers to execute them, while you trust god and forgive as he as asked you to do? If you uphold the law so much, why do you Christians complain when the law does not favor you? what if there is a law that all Christians should be killed (as it was in ancient times). you Christians would just be capping rubbish. Very dishonest, useless people

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by HardMirror(m): 9:55am On Aug 14, 2022
xproducer:

+++

Why indeed... only the Lord GOD can answer this! We needn't judge anyone (Matthew 7:1-5)... for GOD is Judge Himself (Psalm 50:6).

We ought to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12)

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 7:21

"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." - 2 Timothy 2:19
you are confused or a dishonest human being. so you pretend that you dont know you should forgive, especially if the offender says he is sorry. if repentant boko haram members says they are sorry, you must forgive them. simple
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by Aboks(m): 9:56am On Aug 14, 2022
God forbid

Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by HardMirror(m): 9:57am On Aug 14, 2022
advanceDNA:

if someone kills your family and the police has not arrested him and he asks you for forgiveness. will you still forgive and let the matter die instead of taking it to the police
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by HardMirror(m): 9:57am On Aug 14, 2022
Aboks:
God forbid
are you a christian?
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by HardMirror(m): 9:59am On Aug 14, 2022
God1000:
100%
this must be a joke. Are you better than Jesus? if you cannot obey Jesus, why are you forcing yourself to be a Christian? Jesus said you should always forgive, but you are saying you can never forgive, but you still want to be called a christian. how?
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by advanceDNA: 10:01am On Aug 14, 2022
HardMirror:
if someone kills your family and the police has not arrested him and he asks you for forgiveness. will you still forgive and let the matter die instead of taking it to the police

If someone asks me for forgiveness for hurting me specifically....thats a separate issue...it becomes my decision solely to forgive ...i will forgive...

But Its not my place to pervert justice or forgive the culprit for hurting someone else

Oga..ur atheist ideology does not grasp the concept of forgiveness in christian faith

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:02am On Aug 14, 2022
advanceDNA:

I think the question is PERSONAL!

"Can YOU as a CHRISTIAN forgive REPENTANT Boko Haram members and bandits?"

Take note of the highlighted:
YOU, CHRISTIAN and REPENTANT try to meditate thoroughly before responding because heavens will hold accountable for whatever you say on this matter! Matthew 6:14 undecided
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by HardMirror(m): 10:04am On Aug 14, 2022
advanceDNA:

If someone asks me for forgiveness for hurting me specifically....thats a separate issue...it becomes my decision solely to forgive ...i will forgive...

But Its not my place to pervert justice or forgive the culprit for hurting someone else

Oga..ur atheist ideology does not grasp the concept of forgiveness in christian faith
good answer. So if the person was also a christian what would you advise such a victim to do? Revenge or forgive?
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:04am On Aug 14, 2022
HardMirror:

So where are the so-called Christians in Nigeria? Even Jesus that you claim to follow has instructed you to forgive as he himself has forgiven you.

Even the murderer on the cross was forgiven by Jesus. Are you saying you are better than Jesus?

It is not a forgiveness matter.

We are saying we don't trust those snakes, evil people hardly change.

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by HardMirror(m): 10:05am On Aug 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

YOU, CHRISTIAN and REPENTANT try to meditate thoroughly before responding because heavens will hold accountable for whatever you say on this matter! Matthew 6:14 undecided
Thank you sir. I dont know why some Christians are dodgy
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:06am On Aug 14, 2022
HardMirror:

The thief on the cross did change by fighting one of his own
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by advanceDNA: 10:06am On Aug 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

YOU, CHRISTIAN and REPENTANT try to meditate thoroughly before responding because heavens will hold accountable for whatever you say on this matter! undecided

It is not my place to forgive someone for hurting others .....if a person offends me specifically and come to me for forgiveness..i will forgive...

But Crimes against state ..let the law of the land enforce justice...go amd read through ezekiel how God says justice must not be distorted....and the consequences for sweeping wrongdoings and killing of the innocent under the rug

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by HardMirror(m): 10:08am On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

trust is another matter. can you forgive is what we are talking about? even you yourself are not trustworthy. as far as i am concerned, you are as dangerous as the worst human. Any man can be evil, I don't know your heart so why should i trust you? but i can trust god and because of that forgive you even of your worst offenses as long as you ask for forgiveness
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by HardMirror(m): 10:10am On Aug 14, 2022
advanceDNA:

It is not my place to forgive someone for hurting others .....if a person offends me specifically and come to me for forgiveness..i will forgive...

But Crimes against state ..let the law of the land enforce justice...go amd read through ezekiel how God says justice must not be distorted....and the consequences for sweeping wrongdoings and killing of the innocent under the rug
do you know at a time it was a crime to be a christian? so if the state is more important than god to you, would you support anything any government makes a law? on what basis would you determine that a law made is not just and right?

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by HardMirror(m): 10:12am On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The thief on the cross did change by fighting one of his own

at the bolded. what if the repentant boko haram members also speak against those that are still killing? is that enough for you to trust them? since that is the excuse you are giving
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:17am On Aug 14, 2022
HardMirror:
Thank you sir. I dont know why some Christians are dodgy

You too are haughty at heart! undecided
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:21am On Aug 14, 2022
HardMirror:
at the bolded. what if the repentant boko haram members also speak against those that are still killing? is that enough for you to trust them? since that is the excuse you are giving

Nope!

Killing is a very great thing therefore to the task of reaching the equilibrium of trust must be equally great!

He has a lot and lots of doings to do.
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:23am On Aug 14, 2022
advanceDNA:

The thief Jesus promised Paradise {Luke 23:43} did he sin against Jesus or against the state?
advanceDNA:

The law OLD Covenant gives no room for forgiveness of wrongdoings it in Christ New Covenant God's Son taught us to forgive.
WHY? Because we are all sinners {Romans 3:23} and as sinners we are all guilty to be given death sentence! Romans 6:23 undecided
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by advanceDNA: 10:26am On Aug 14, 2022
HardMirror:
do you know at a time it was a crime to be a christian? so if the state is more important than god to you, would you support anything any government makes a law? on what basis would you determine that a law made is not just and right?

I dont like to dialogue with people that insinuate things.... i never said state is important than God to me..i dont know where you dug that from..

..you asked me if i will forgive...i already answered you....so whats you yammering about..??

Ive been abroad several times...the law of the land permits a man fvckimg another man in the yansh....
..its not my place to condemn gay people despite the bible says its wrong....

Jesus never imposed his ideas on goverment so what exactly is your point..??

The law of the land and righteous laws can overlap and can be opposite at the same time

When it becomes opposite and affects christains..it is called persecution....the bible already predicted it and what can be done...if you want know go and read the bible ....oh i forgot...you are an atheist

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2022
HardMirror:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, your deep thinking really touched my heart!
How i hope you find through faith! smiley
Re: Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? by advanceDNA: 10:33am On Aug 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The thief Jesus promised Paradise {Luke 23:43} did he sin against Jesus or against the state?

The law OLD Covenant gives no room for forgiveness of wrongdoings it in Christ New Covenant God's Son taught us to forgive.
WHY? Because we are all sinners {Romans 3:23} and as sinners we are all guilty to be given death sentence! Romans 6:23 undecided

what point are you making in relation to my comment you mentioned ....cos i dont get it...

The man sinned against state he was a theif..he hurt his fellow man...

.in respect to God.. he was also not righteous ...but jesus saw the heart of the theif that he truly repented at that point......jesus handled his afterlife destination....its has nothing to do with state laws or if he ought to be released ....

Again i dont get your point...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Frightening Friday! / Why Some Christians Dey Shine Teeth All The Time? / De-conversion Story: Confessions Of A Former Christian.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.