Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

How Do You Manage Criticism As A Graphic Designer? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How Do You Manage Criticism As A Graphic Designer? (259 Views)

My designs as a starter. please rate and criticism is warmly welcomed. / Sincere Constructive Criticism Needed. Please, Rate My 2d Animation / Rate My First Work As A Graphic Designer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Manage Criticism As A Graphic Designer? by Mosimileoluwaaa: 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
Nobody likes being spoken to with negative words not even when it has to do with something that they have laboured so much on. It is even worse for a graphic designer, after you have spent so much hours on the screen trying to design something.

IT ISN'T REALLY EASY �

Since creativity is a collaborative process, it makes criticism very crucial in the creative industry, even though managing it can be very hard. To be able to manage criticism one must understand the meaning of criticism and give it his or her own meaning.

According to me, Criticism creates a room for improvement for creatives or graphic designer. If you try to understand it this way, you will be able to take corrections and grow when other creatives or clients as the case may be, criticize your work.

Also criticism from a client can mean a different thing. Sometimes it's just because you didn't follow exactly what his or she wanted, even if it is a good design, he or she could still come up with negative words. So you need to learn to understand and give your client exactly what they want when necessary.

Because you received criticism from people doesn't mean you are not good as a designer. A lot of persons take criticism personal. This is where it crashes one down. Before you know it the person has lost interest in graphic design. You are good at what you do, keep at it and grow.

Nobody is perfect so when criticism come and you confirm mistakes, take it easy on yourself instead of being hard on your self. Then take the corrections, correct your mistakes and move on to your next project.

Was this helpful? If it was share it so that your fellow designers would learn too. Don't keep it to yourself.

If you have additional insights and questions feel free to drop it in the comment section.�

(1) (Reply)

Check Out These Vector Art zof cardie B designed with Only A Mobile Phone / Trying Flipa Clip Animation For The First Time / Ibis Paint X Digital Art

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.