Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" (15380 Views)

Innoson Launches Cars For Low And Middle Class Nigerians / Modernised Hummer Jeep Spotted In Enugu / Nigerian Army Visits Innoson Manufacturing Plant At Nnewi Anambra (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by Justcash(m): 6:50am On Aug 05, 2011
A new bus model has started rolling off the production lines of Nigeria’s youngest auto manufacturing plant, Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Limited (IVM), Nnewi.

This, the company disclosed recently, is in tandem with its avowed commitment to the production of varied vehicle types to meet the demands of the local market.

The new vehicle bears the official  model name Innoson IVM 6540, but is already christened ‘Innoson Hummer Bus’ by early buyers and passengers who have had the privilege of boarding it to various destinations since formal production commenced a few weeks ago. The bus is so richly endowed that it is being tipped to snatch a lot of patronage from the popular Japanese counterparts currently dominating the market.

A source at Innoson plant in Nnewi informed Daily Sun Motoring that the bus with seats for 13 to 17 passengers (depending on the need of the customer) has become an ‘instant hit’ only a few weeks after the first unit was produced.  He gave two reasons for the Bus:
“The first one is that the bus has everything the Japanese version has, but costs more than N2 million less. You know that in the country today, most vehicle buyers go for a product that will perform satisfactorily, but will be comparatively cost-efficient at the same. The second one is that Innoson is backing the vehicles with very reliable after-sales support.

So, the buyers don’t have to worry about maintenance already being powered to various destinations like Aba, Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Jos and Kaduna, by the 2.7 litre petrol engines which are said to be very fuel efficient.

Some of the transport companies already using the new bus are  GUO Motors, Orizu Motors, and Auto Star, which recently took delivery of many units, while the Redeemed Christian Church of God, and an Abuja-based construction company purchased some units for non-commercial purposes.

Naturally, while the transporters have been placing orders for their ‘Innoson Hummer Buses’ to be built with the maximum 17 seats, corporate organizations and the churches that have so far taken deliveries, were said to have asked that the interior be configured with fewer number of seats.
“We pledged to build Innoson vehicles according to the needs of the buyers, and we have been living up to that with a wide variety of buses, including city buses, small capacity models and inter-city buses, as well as pick-ups, SUVs, refuse compactors, and others.

There is no doubt that more will be coming as the market demands them. We have been doing our part. It is left for the government and people of Nigeria to do their own parts by supporting and patronizing us at Innoson”.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/motoring/2011/aug/05/motoring-05-08-2011-001.html
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 05, 2011
I'll rather give my 2 millions to babangida.

Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by Justcash(m): 6:55am On Aug 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

It is a matter of choice o. That is your cup of tea.  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 05, 2011
This is good news, I've been on one of their mini Luxurious buses, and was very impressed. Who says good things cannot come out of Nigeria.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by Pukkah: 7:04am On Aug 05, 2011
This is cheering. The government should encourage this company and make its products more competitive against imported brands by giving it incentives like tax holiday, etc.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by DisGuy: 7:08am On Aug 05, 2011
We have been doing our part. It is left for the government and people of Nigeria to do their own parts by supporting and patronizing us at Innoson”.

Very odd statement

A source at Innoson plant in Nnewi informed Daily Sun Motoring that

Is the Marketing Manager also avoiding having his name in public?

Nice bus
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 05, 2011
Though these buses are probably no more than locally assembled clones of a model obtainable in the fast East, Innoson's efforts are indeed commendable.

http://www.innosongroup.com/innosonmotors/mini-bus.php#

@OP The title of this thread is rather misleading and should be changed, don't you think? In the article referenced, we are informed the buses are worth #2 Million less than their Japanese equivalent, and not quite what you've implied.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by Yeske2(m): 8:00am On Aug 05, 2011
Cool and commendable
Ileke-IdI:

Bad belle or what was that
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by kettykin: 8:58am On Aug 05, 2011
@ poster how will you not give your 2 million to babaginda when you have sold your soul to him. Babangida will still use your 2 million to buy the bus

with strong after sales support, opening up regional offices in benin, warri, 3 in lagos, kaduna , kano , 2 in abuja , jos , enugu , aba, ph ,calabar, accra, abidjan, yaounde and going into patnership with banks to offer a king of bank purchase scheme for customers, going into alliance with transport companies like the state owned transport firms and private transport companies , i dont see any reason why they will not becom number 1 in bus transportation.

However they will need to thoroughly test their buses and plug every loop hole before going on nationwide evangelism.

More money can be made from the public in 3 years time when your product has been tested and trusted by all.

@ poster how will you not give your 2 million to babaginda when you have sold your soul to him. Babangida will still use your 2 million to buy the bus

with strong after sales support, opening up regional offices in benin, warri, 3 in lagos, kaduna , kano , 2 in abuja , jos , enugu , aba, ph ,calabar, accra, abidjan, yaounde and going into patnership with banks to offer a king of bank purchase scheme for customers, going into alliance with transport companies like the state owned transport firms and private transport companies , i dont see any reason why they will not becom number 1 in bus transportation.

However they will need to thoroughly test their buses and plug every loop hole before going on nationwide evangelism.

More money can be made from the public in 3 years time when your product has been tested and trusted by all.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by aljharem3: 9:02am On Aug 05, 2011
good the FG should encourage this company by reducing the importation of vehicles to Nigeria and encourage this company by whatever means

apart from the employment this would increase, the revenue it would generate for Nigeria alone is good. also industralisation

kudos
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by Justcash(m): 9:06am On Aug 05, 2011
eGuerrilla:

@OP The title of this thread is rather misleading and should be changed, don't you think? In the article referenced, we are informed the buses are worth #2 Million less than their Japanese equivalent, and not quite what you've implied.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by ektbear: 9:08am On Aug 05, 2011
No special gov't intervention please. If it is indeed much cheaper than the alternatives (as they claim), then no doubt they'll make massive profit even w/o gov't assistance.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by Afam4eva(m): 9:14am On Aug 05, 2011
@Ileke-idi
You're a fool.So anything you say won't come as a suprise. You can give you 2 milla to IBB then he can in turn use the money to buy an Innosin bus. Okpo.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by OmoLisabi(m): 9:32am On Aug 05, 2011
Its all copy and paste.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by chiller123: 9:43am On Aug 05, 2011
can someone tell me how much it is exactly. I do not understand what they mean by it costs 2million naira less than the japanese rivals. I thought those ones were around 2.5 million naira a piece. Does it then mean that the innoson bus is going for around N500,000. Just asking, I really do not know. I am interested though on how much and if they have any financing options
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by dempeople(m): 9:47am On Aug 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Your myopic anti-igbo sentiments would never allow you to see anything good from the SE - even if its to the benefit of the country. Anuofia.

alj_harem:

good the FG  should encourage this company by reducing the importation of vehicles to Nigeria and encourage this company by whatever means

apart from the employment this would increase, the revenue it would generate for Nigeria alone is good. also industralisation

kudos

Nagode Alhaji. Good one. Though sometimes you're crazily tribalistic, most times you always see the big picture. Its all about jobs and industrialization.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by Pukkah: 10:25am On Aug 05, 2011
ekt_bear:

No special gov't intervention please. If it is indeed much cheaper than the alternatives (as they claim), then no doubt they'll make massive profit even w/o gov't assistance.

Government intervention will make it even cheaper and open the road to more patronage in Nigeria, West Africa and even as export to other countries. This is a glimmer of hope for industrialization in the auto industry and we should not lose it. I don't mind the foreign companies (e.g. Tata, Toyota) coming to open factories in Nigeria to compete but this Innoson company should be given some incentive like tax holiday or something. There's no capitalist country which does not directly or indirectly support its own.

Government should also consciously provide its basic but abandoned functions in the factory area, e.g. building of roads, provision of security, provision of water and power. The objective is to leverage on this and turn the area into a sort of industrial estate which will also attract other companies. Who says other companies in allied businesses (e.g. Dunlop) which have fled Nigeria's hostile climate won't find their way back given a conducive industrial zone? An industrial zone will also engender other 'unrelated' businesses like real estate, hospitality, electronics, support services, etc.

The opportunities for Nigeria are enormous: employment which will go a long way to reduce poverty and crime, reduction of imports which will improve the value of the naira, and besides, it gives a refreshing and fulfilling feeling that in spite of all odds, one company is trying to make a mark in manufacturing. We should encourage this company and try to build others.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by ektbear: 10:30am On Aug 05, 2011
@Pukkah: If it is a uniform tax break for all companies that fit a certain class, fine. And the FG should of course dramatically improve the infrastructure under its jurisdiction (new and improved roads, constant power supply, etc.)

I would just be against this specific company shaking down the government for a subsidy which no one else gets. You feel me? That is what I meant by "special" intervention.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by OmoTier1(m): 10:58am On Aug 05, 2011
Currently watching this development with two eyes!
No doubt this development will give birth to so many bespoke companies who will end up generating employment for nigerians.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by Dede1(m): 11:25am On Aug 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Of course, Ikebe, you had rather set your arse on fire too. I did not expect anything better from a jerk of low intellectual pedigree such as you.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by comicbishop: 11:50am On Aug 05, 2011
Please next time you all should read carefully, its not said that the bus is worth 2million but its worth 2 million less than others.

As for those who are not happy with the recent development, you are enemies of progress. Whether its copy and paste or originally manufactured, the good thing that will remain good is that its made in Nigeria.

You all can buy china phones and won't complain even when they don't last but criticise your locally made products. That's foolishness. You can stay and complain while those buying the buses, shoes, clothes and bags will continue. You are just 1 out of 150 million Nigerians. In fact those goods will exported all over Africa.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by alexola20(m): 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2011
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by honeric01(m): 12:19pm On Aug 05, 2011
Nice one but how much does it cost to own one?
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by aljharem3: 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2011
alexola20:

Before any development will happen in Nigeria,people must get constant and uninterrupted electricity.
Give light to the people and see the rapid changes,.
LET THERE BE LIGHT.

I think the growth of this company would gear up our road to constant electricity

IMO this company would also kick start ajaokuta steel not with foreign companies but by Nigerians themselves
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by Funkymallam(m): 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2011
Gud development, ikele or woteva, y cant u grow up for once? Dis is no yoruba vs igbo tin mstwwwww. @Omo tier1 do u knw ceo bespoke?or,
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by Pukkah: 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2011
ekt_bear:

@Pukkah: If it is a uniform tax break for all companies that fit a certain class, fine. And the FG should of course dramatically improve the infrastructure under its jurisdiction (new and improved roads, constant power supply, etc.)

I would just be against this specific company shaking down the government for a subsidy which no one else gets. You feel me? That is what I meant by "special" intervention.

Yes, you are clear.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by aljharem3: 12:40pm On Aug 05, 2011
Funkymallam:

Gud development, ikele or woteva, y cant u grow up for once? Dis is no yoruba vs igbo tin mstwwwww. @Omo tier1 do u knw ceo bespoke?or,

gbammmm
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by cinzo: 12:57pm On Aug 05, 2011
This post is gone.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by Yeske2(m): 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2011
OmoLisabi:

Its all copy and paste.
If you had copied and pasted other stuff not just buses, Nigeria would have been industrialised by now.
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by Yeske2(m): 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2011
OmoLisabi:

Its all copy and paste.
If you had copied and pasted other stuff not just buses, Nigeria would have been industrialised by now.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by obamamate: 1:37pm On Aug 05, 2011
The lowest spec for the Toyota hiace costs about N4.6m. Chinese brands/clones of the old models costs about N2.6m, so IVm costs about N2.6m also
Re: Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" by PointB: 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2011
Dede1:

Of course, Ikebe, you had rather set your arse on fire too. I did not expect anything better from a jerk of low intellectual pedigree such as you.

Ileke idi, sometimes you should try pretending to be intelligent without lowering your guard on tribalism. This post clearly mark you out as inanely tribalistic.

@ topic, Good one by Innoson and another plus for Nigeria.

kettykin:

+100
The bolded make a lot of sense!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? / At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? / In Your Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.