Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? (910 Views)

Are You Sexually Compatible With Your Spouse? / The Mortal Body: Story Of My Child And Grand Mum / Give Me A Child And Get 250k, Twins 500k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by jesus4me: 7:36am On Aug 05, 2011
Hello Peeps,

We have been married for four years now without no child and we are always quarrelling over one issue or the other. I feel like quiting?
What should do?
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 05, 2011
Your reasons for wanting a divorce are absurd. Married couples quarrel, it's part of expressing different points of view. No couple will agree on everything 100%.

As for no children after four years of being married, who's fault is it? Have you both been for any tests?
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by jesus4me: 9:07am On Aug 05, 2011
@Sienna, we have been tested and certified okay! But i think we are not compatible and am getting tired,
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 05, 2011
^^^ Bro, I think you're both stressed. As you've both been tested, and given the all clear, it's obvious you're both under a lot of pressure. That won't aid conception. You both need to work out your differences, perhaps see a marriage counsellor. If sure if you can both work through at least 50% of your differences / issues, you'll be fine.

And babies will follow. It could also be you're both trying too hard. Try relaxing a bit, and just enjoy yourselves, things will happen naturally.
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by jesus4me: 9:57am On Aug 05, 2011
I just wish things can turn around for me, cos am not happy here and on a second note i think marrying another woman might not be my solution but am confused in this marriage,
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by Smilenw(f): 10:19am On Aug 05, 2011
Poster

Partners need to be patient for a marriage to work. Marriages are not about who wins or loses and by the time most people understand this, much damage would have happened.  A little bit of adjustment, compromise and patience could give you a lifetime of happiness and peace.  You say you are just confused in the marriage, not determined to divorce her. You have your answer there. It takes two to tango. For just a day, try to let things go her way. She will be surprised to see the change and might return the favor back. Love can do wonders.

Regarding child, I think it is god's way of giving you time to sort out your issues before you bring in another being into this world. A child should grow up seeing his parents loving and respecting each other. Once both of you start loving and respecting each other, you'll see changes in you life, child inclusive.  All the best !
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by obowunmi(m): 10:31am On Aug 05, 2011
Will you consider adopting or IVF ?
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 05, 2011
obowunmi:

Will you consider adopting or IVF ?

I doubt IVF would work in their case. Both are medically fit and fertile, from what has been posted. Their problems seem more of the emotional kind. Besides, no decent Adoption Agency would pronounce a warring couple fit to be adoptive parents.
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by obowunmi(m): 10:37am On Aug 05, 2011
True dat - how will both be pregnant when they won't give each other piece of mind.
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by slimyem: 10:40am On Aug 05, 2011
u think you are not compatible after four years of marriage?dont think so.divorce isnt the best solution to your problem.you should see a marriage counsellor and learn hw to be tolerant and patient with her.and the child issue?methinks God wants you to sort out your differences first so you can bring up your child in a peaceful home,
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by jesus4me: 10:44am On Aug 05, 2011
@Obowunmi, please i dont think adopting is what we need, but i will like you to educate me more on IVF, THANK YOU.
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by DrummaBoy(m): 11:32am On Aug 05, 2011
@Jesus4me, ur ans is in ur name. When Jesus is Lord of ur home, he'll sort ur problems out. I agree U should sort out ur
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by DrummaBoy(m): 11:36am On Aug 05, 2011
problems b4 a child comes. D abscence/presence of a child shouldnt be d source of joy in ur home
So see a counsellor too
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 05, 2011
this attention seeking poster. From promoting scam in the travels section to promoting his impotent skills here in the family section.

Your wife should divorce you for the following reasons.

1. You are too difficult to comprehend.
2. Your low s/p/e/r/m count
3. You are a fraud
4. You are worth nothing .
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by Ferya(f): 12:10pm On Aug 05, 2011
@ poster

I feel your pains really. The frustration of seeing friends giving birth really hurts and  can fuel problem.
Remember, you married that lady because you love her. You also promised to love her in sickness and health.
I want you to know that this is part of the sickness they are referring to. No family is without problems. Marriage is never a bed of roses. I will suggest you to do the following:

1. A family that Prays together stays together. Present your family to God fighting, quarreling will not solve your problem .
2. Also remember that your wife is also frustrated and if you do not show her love, she may end up doing anything just to give birth to a child.
3. Try to avoid her negative comments to you.
4. Suprise her by buying some gifts for her or taking her out to watch movies, Eat and so on.
5. Praise your wife in the presences of your friends and do not complain of her.
6. Some women ovulate during their periods so you should make love then too.
7. She can look for ovulation kit if she does not know when to expect her ovulation or count from the first day to the 11th day then you can make love within those periods. Some ovulate early.
8. You  can google on IVF to read more but first consult your doctor for the best option for you guys. Drugs can  be used, IUI and so many options to make her pregnant. IVF is expensive and may not be a good option since she has no problems.

Please, let their be peace in your home for a child to come, children love peaceful homes. God may have allowed this timelapse so you can work on these issues. Always express your love to your wife reduce her stress. Do not scare her with divorce. It is not an option.
Finally, I also believe that children are blessing from God and he gives to good & bad people. Delay is never Denial four years is too small for God to tough and bless your home.  
Goodluck! grin
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by Smilenw(f): 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2011
jennykadry:

this attention seeking poster. From promoting scam in the travels section to promoting his impotent skills here in the family section.

1. You are too difficult to comprehend
3. You are a fraud
grin grin grin
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by ronkebp(f): 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2011
jennykadry:

1. You are too difficult to comprehend.
3. You are a fraud

Thank you jare!!!! tell that person, nonsense, people are just looking for any reason to divorce, am sure someone will still come here to want to divorce because his/her spouse snores' at night.
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by denzel2009: 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2011
ronkebp:

Thank you jare!!!! tell that person, nonsense, people are just looking for any reason to divorce, am sure someone will still come here to want to divorce because his/her spouse snores' at night.
That is justifiable, sleeping beside a locomotive train is not healthy.
Re: Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? by jesus4me: 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2011
@Ferya and to all wonderful people that have contributed to this post, I appreciate you all and am most grateful for all your constructive advice. I must confess, have learnt so much and praying that the Lord will see us through. Thank you so much.
I will like to suggest to JENNYKADRY and many others that likes to do nothing but to either pull people down I think this FORUM is not for you but because of FREEDOM OF SPEECH you are most welcome and ur comments are well noted…

Thank you all!
See You at The TOP!!!

(1) (Reply)

Women And Birthday Party? / New Born Babe Find Inside Dustbin In Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria / Marriage Isn't For Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.