Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,563 members, 7,861,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:42 PM

NFF Election: Pinnick Will Not Contest Third Term - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Election: Pinnick Will Not Contest Third Term (169 Views)

NFF Election: Pinnick Will Not Contest Third Term / NFF Election Today: Profile Of The Top 4 Candidates / Victor Moses And Ahmed Musa Snub NFF President Amaju Pinnick At Yaounde Airporta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Election: Pinnick Will Not Contest Third Term by adeeyarhabdulla: 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2022
In April 2022, the NFF president, who is in the twilight of his second term, had ruled out a third term bid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsSd28hKlAo
Although Pinnick said he had consulted his family over the decision, he failed to state the reasons that informed the move.

However, in a chat with Arise TV on Monday, the NFF president said some people hate him “for no reason” and that he is tired of dealing with “bitterness and hatred”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJgSOJ-q_0Y
Pinnick added that he is constantly humiliated and ridiculed by the “institutions that are meant to protect”.

“I love this country but the issue of hate and bitterness. Institutions that are meant to protect you are the ones opening you up for humiliation, ridicule and possible annihilation,” he said.

“There are 7.7 billion people in the world but there are only 37 people in FIFA and a Nigerian is one of them. It is good enough for us, but some people want that flag to be removed. I’m not against criticism.

“A lot of Nigerians have called about my third term bid. They said, ‘Pinnick, we are building this country and you must be an integral part of it.’ But I said listen, ‘I love Nigeria but my family is key and number one’. Every time, I’m having issues, my family is tired.

“For now, I said ‘no’ and I still stand by it because you don’t want to go to a terrain where bitterness, hatred, and animosity are, for no reason other than the fact that it is Amaju Pinnick. If you ask any of the haters what has Pinnick done wrong; if they tell me today I will resign.”

Allegations of corruption, lack of transparency and accountability have dogged the NFF in recent years.

Pinnick has come under intense scrutiny over his handling of the affairs of the NFF, with his critics accusing him of misusing the funds of the football body.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NFF Election: Pinnick Will Not Contest Third Term by marenalexander7: 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2022
For where?

Abeg pack your load and go okay.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NFF Election: Pinnick Will Not Contest Third Term by danjumaisah: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2022
Na people like am weh no get passion for football, only to make money and name go mount pressure on am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NFF Election: Pinnick Will Not Contest Third Term by dangerousd071: 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2022
No No Soldier go soldier come and barracks remain. We don't want you again allowed somebody to come and give his own contribution to the development of sports into the country

(1) (Reply)

Man United Could Let Cristiano Ronaldo Leave This Summer / AFC Bournemouth Vs Arsenal Live Stream / Will Liverpool Beat Manchester United As Predicted By A Football Fan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.