Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Devs, Which Of These Two Pc's Would You Pick And Why? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Devs, Which Of These Two Pc's Would You Pick And Why? (724 Views)

So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. / Hi Devs, See What I Won (New Survey) / What Made You Pick Interest In Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Devs, Which Of These Two Pc's Would You Pick And Why? by TastyFriedPussy: 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2022
If you had the option to choose between a gaming laptop with 10th gen Intel core I5, 8gb ram(upgradable to 32gb), nvidia gtx 1650 graphics card AND a 2017 macbook pro, which would you choose and why..

I'm not an apple fan, but the only thing that makes me love apple laptops are their sleek designs, apple laptops are just beautifully designed. macbooks just have that professional feeling.
Re: Devs, Which Of These Two Pc's Would You Pick And Why? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 15, 2022
Let us know when wake up from your dream
Re: Devs, Which Of These Two Pc's Would You Pick And Why? by TastyFriedPussy: 8:26pm On Aug 15, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Let us know when wake up from your dream
ohh, I'm so sorry, I think you're lost in the wrong section.. I was talking to the software developers in the programming section and not you sir.. So sorry.

1 Like

Re: Devs, Which Of These Two Pc's Would You Pick And Why? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 15, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
ohh, I'm so sorry, I think you're lost in the wrong section.. I was talking to the software developers in the programming section and not you sir.. So sorry.
Re: Devs, Which Of These Two Pc's Would You Pick And Why? by Vicky2k(m): 10:09pm On Aug 15, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
If you had the option to choose between a gaming laptop with 10th gen Intel core I5, 8gb ram(upgradable to 32gb), nvidia gtx 1650 graphics card AND a 2017 macbook pro, which would you choose and why..

I'm not an apple fan, but the only thing that makes me love apple laptops are their sleek designs, apple laptops are just beautifully designed. macbooks just have that professional feeling.

I will definitely go for a 10th gen Core i5 that can be upgradable. Just ensure the hard disk is SSD and the keyboard is good like thinkpads. Battery Life Span is also key then if the screen if 15" , that's a good deal.

3 Likes

Re: Devs, Which Of These Two Pc's Would You Pick And Why? by jikins(m): 5:43am On Aug 16, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

Balls lies squarely in your court. Mac book are better for productivity. If you want a laptop to work only then this is a very easy choice go with the MacBook Pro. If you want to be able to unwine small and play games, although 1650 isn't the best but it's fairly capable you can go for the gaming laptop
Re: Devs, Which Of These Two Pc's Would You Pick And Why? by TastyFriedPussy: 9:34am On Aug 16, 2022
jikins:

Balls lies squarely in your court. Mac book are better for productivity. If you want a laptop to work only then this is a very easy choice go with the MacBook Pro. If you want to be able to unwine small and play games, although 1650 isn't the best but it's fairly capable you can go for the gaming laptop
but macbook too can play light weight games like PES, and FIFA naa?
Re: Devs, Which Of These Two Pc's Would You Pick And Why? by BlaqFaze: 10:19am On Aug 16, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Developers don't make games for mac os...so MacBook can't play most games especially PES and Fifa
Re: Devs, Which Of These Two Pc's Would You Pick And Why? by jikins(m): 6:18pm On Aug 16, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

Pes and FIFA are heavy games oh. Except you want to play the older versions if not don't think it would work on Mac. Even to install it self on Mac na wahala. They are made mainly for Windows
Re: Devs, Which Of These Two Pc's Would You Pick And Why? by Auxigen(m): 5:20pm On Aug 23, 2022
Macs are better optimized for development

With windows you'll have a whole lot of headache setting up environments and the likes...

The gaming PC is more powerful but not optimized for coding. I hope this helps
Re: Devs, Which Of These Two Pc's Would You Pick And Why? by dodgelord: 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
ur type dont deserve any answers..

U can not mk it. Dont bother
Re: Devs, Which Of These Two Pc's Would You Pick And Why? by willian10: 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

Why did you mention only the spec of this PC and not the mac?
We’ve different 2017 MacBook pro

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Help On Word Wrap / Java Server Deployments / What Do You Think About Learning Perl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.