Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,155 members, 7,835,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Pdp Crisis; Ayu To Wike, Others: I Have No Plan To Quit Pdp Chair Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Crisis; Ayu To Wike, Others: I Have No Plan To Quit Pdp Chair Now (426 Views)

Walid Jibrin: Dogara’s Presidential Ambition Made Him Quit PDP / Ayo Fayose Threatens To Quit PDP / Godswill Akpabio Visits Buhari In London, Set To Quit PDP For APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Crisis; Ayu To Wike, Others: I Have No Plan To Quit Pdp Chair Now by Thinkfree(m): 6:44am On Aug 16, 2022
The peace talks between the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, and Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike suffered a setback yesterday because Atiku’s negotiation team did not show up.
The hitch was attributed to a traditional event in Yola, Adamawa State capital, which Atiku attended.

The peace meeting was scheduled for Port Harcourt, capital of Rivers State.

Also, PDP National Chairman Senator Iyorchia Ayu said he has no plan to resign.

He said he will not resign now or in the foreseeable future, having been given a four-year mandate to lead the opposition party.
There has been pressure on Ayu to resign in line with an alleged agreement he entered into, prior to his emergence, to step down if the presidential candidate emerged from the North.

Atiku won the party’s presidential ticket, with Wike coming second.

The Wike camp has insisted on the resignation of Ayu as a major condition to support Atiku in next year’s poll.

Also, Wike’s supporters have said that Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal should not be part of the reconciliation.
The camp also said that only a neutral panel should convene the meeting.

But Ayu, according to a tweet by his media aide, Simon Imobo-Tswam, said he will not resign.

https://zapiforum.com/question/pdp-crises-ayu-to-wike-others-i-have-no-plan-to-quit-pdp-chair-now/
Re: Pdp Crisis; Ayu To Wike, Others: I Have No Plan To Quit Pdp Chair Now by Praxis758: 6:48am On Aug 16, 2022
Any PDP chairman who successfully complete his/her tenure will make it to the world’s Guinness book of records.

They’ve always had a controversial and stormy tenure.

Imagine just spending 5 months in office and someone is considering him to be a sacrificial lamb.
Re: Pdp Crisis; Ayu To Wike, Others: I Have No Plan To Quit Pdp Chair Now by Odin13: 6:53am On Aug 16, 2022
Ayu remains till after election..

Wike and his fools can speedily decamp or even work for opposition

No one cares ..
except for his newly found media friends ..

Plus Wike minus Wike

The ship have sailed ...

Power to the people
Atiku/Okowa 2023

1 Like

Re: Pdp Crisis; Ayu To Wike, Others: I Have No Plan To Quit Pdp Chair Now by Thinkfree(m): 6:53am On Aug 16, 2022
Praxis758:
Any PDP chairman who successfully complete his/her tenure will make it to the world’s Guinness book of records.

They’ve always had a controversial and stormy tenure.

Imagine just spending 5 months in office and someone is considering him to be a sacrificial lamb.
remember presidential candidate and party chairman are not supposed to come from the same region. When ayu was made the chairman he promised to resign if a Northerner wins the pdp presidential primary

2 Likes

Re: Pdp Crisis; Ayu To Wike, Others: I Have No Plan To Quit Pdp Chair Now by seanfer(m): 7:05am On Aug 16, 2022
Does that mean PDP telling the southerners that they’re not part of the party. Hi can presidential candidate and chairman of the party from the same region?

1 Like

Re: Pdp Crisis; Ayu To Wike, Others: I Have No Plan To Quit Pdp Chair Now by duduade: 7:33am On Aug 16, 2022
But why

Just power drunken politicians

Tufiakwa
Re: Pdp Crisis; Ayu To Wike, Others: I Have No Plan To Quit Pdp Chair Now by ChangetheChange: 7:36am On Aug 16, 2022
Wike can go to hell

1 Like

Re: Pdp Crisis; Ayu To Wike, Others: I Have No Plan To Quit Pdp Chair Now by orisa37: 8:16am On Aug 16, 2022
THEN BEHAVE.
PLAY LIKE ORTOM.
ORTOM KNOWS THE GAME.

(1) (Reply)

Labour Party In Adamawa / Who Will Tinubu Use? / They Have Stopped Shouting ...structure...hahahaha!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.