Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Please Advice Me On How To Start My I.t Career Certifications - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please Advice Me On How To Start My I.t Career Certifications (712 Views)

I'm About To Start My Own Trekking *Advice Needed* / S A G A M I T E! ! ! / Can Someone Assist Me On My I.t (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me On How To Start My I.t Career Certifications by balogunsam(m): 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2011
hi ALL.
I am throwing this to the whole house. I am about graduating from the university and honestly, my passion is the world of Information Technology. I have been running a mini laptop workshop all through my stay i the University and i know some basic stuff. I want to take it to the next level by going professional. The thing is i got lost in the vast amount of information and certifications available in the I.T realm. So i am here asking humbly that people who make a living through having written IT exams at one point or the other should be please guide me as to how i can go about this. I thought of starting with CompTIA+ since its relatively easy and seeing the work outline, i have experienced a good number of the things there.

[b]PLEASE DROP PERSONAL IDEAS BASED ON EXPERIENCE ON WAYS I CAN SAVE COST AND STILL ACQUIRE THE CERTIFICATIONS SUCCESSFULLY. THANK YOU SO MUC[/b]H
Re: Please Advice Me On How To Start My I.t Career Certifications by denzel2009: 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2011
Get the Comptia Trifecta first i.e A+ N+ S+ the one you enjoy most would determine your career path. Mind you, they are very expensive exams.
Re: Please Advice Me On How To Start My I.t Career Certifications by balogunsam(m): 2:43pm On Aug 05, 2011
@denzel, that my fear o. IS the cost cheaper if i can get study materials at home and i just register for the examination with those ICT centers? How did u go about yours? Please i beg u, help me as much as u can. Can u help with materials and high points and stuff?
Re: Please Advice Me On How To Start My I.t Career Certifications by denzel2009: 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2011
balogunsam:

, that my fear o. IS the cost cheaper if i can get study materials at home and i just register for the examination with those ICT centers? How did u go about yours? Please i beg u, help me as much as u can. Can u help with materials and high points and stuff?
I only did security+ and I read Darril Gibson's book Get certified get ahead, the cost of the exam was £191. The book is in Kindle so I can I can't share it.
Re: Please Advice Me On How To Start My I.t Career Certifications by balogunsam(m): 3:02pm On Aug 05, 2011
awwww, i saw some previous posts u requested materials from some people, i saw some posts where nairalanders have mailed materials and stuff to other newbies but they are old. BTW, are u telling me u read the book only and sat for the examination?? Was the exam online? Can u recommend anysite or so i can read up on these things please?
Re: Please Advice Me On How To Start My I.t Career Certifications by denzel2009: 3:12pm On Aug 05, 2011
I can't remember requesting for materials, I'm always giving wink

Yeah, the book was written for that exam and the exam was done at a Prometric testing centre. If you get the book, you don't really need any other material.

As a matter of fact, I have video tutorials on the exam but I didn't use it and I can't share it online cos its too heavy.
Re: Please Advice Me On How To Start My I.t Career Certifications by balogunsam(m): 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2011
grin grin i see, so i guess i'm not part of those that are lucky to get a book or books from nairalanders, sigh, okay sha thanks. Thot i'd get help here
Re: Please Advice Me On How To Start My I.t Career Certifications by denzel2009: 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ok chill, give me your email I'd get you alternative books on the 3 exams.
Re: Please Advice Me On How To Start My I.t Career Certifications by balogunsam(m): 4:13pm On Aug 05, 2011
woow shocked thanks.
mail is balogunsam11@yahoo.com
I'll be expecting,thanks a lot bro! grin
Re: Please Advice Me On How To Start My I.t Career Certifications by denzel2009: 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2011
balogunsam:

woow shocked thanks.
mail is balogunsam11@yahoo.com
I'll be expecting,thanks a lot bro! grin
Alright, you should get a link later in the day.
Re: Please Advice Me On How To Start My I.t Career Certifications by balogunsam(m): 10:27pm On Aug 05, 2011
denzel2009:

Alright, you should get a link later in the day.

Thanks for d files,bro. Saw d link and i like hw u sent it. I'll download it 2mrw and get back to u, God bless u

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Donlittle Get Banned For Two Weeks, When It Says 72 Hours? / Can This Really Work Out: ? Advice Please / What Is Wrong With Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.