Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results (37010 Views)

Bishop Kukah's Message To Buhari, Tinubu, Obidients, Supreme Court On Easter / Goodluck Jonathan Leads Election Observation Mission To Kenyan Elections / IPOB Blocks Gate To Kenyan Embassy In Japan (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by IMPACT05(m): 2:59pm On Aug 17, 2022
How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients reacted to Kenyan presidential election results

The declaration of Kenyan Deputy President William Ruto as winner of the presidential election has not only caused controversies in the East African country, but also in Nigeria, the most populous black nation.

Ruto, who won by 50.49% (7,176,141 votes) was declared the President-elect by the electoral agency, Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC), Wafuka Chebukati on Monday.

However, Raila Odinga, who has contested five times, garnered 48.85% (6,942,930 votes), and rejected the result describing it as “null and void.”

Similarly, four of the seven IEBC commissioners, led by vice chairperson Juliana Cherera, have faulted the results.

It has been a different narrative in Nigeria, the country that has arguably blazed the trail in politics and diplomatic relations in the African continent, as its people trade words ahead of the 2023 general elections using presidential candidates in Kenya as hypotheses.

Obidients
On Monday, supporters of Peter Obi, the Labour Party’s presidential candidate, popularly known as Obidients, likened Ruto to Obi who contested once and won, and Odinga to the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, a serial contender.

Some of them also mentioned the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu in their tweets.

A tweep @firstladyship said: “William Ruto ran for the FIRST TIME in a two years old party. His boss, President Uhuru Kenyatta, endorsed his opponent, Raila Odinga. Yet, Ruto won.

“Peter Obi is running for the FIRST TIME against a serial contestant another endorsed by Buhari. God IS DIRECTING A MOVIE.

“Nigerians, PAY ATTENTION to what’s happening across Africa. Zambia and Kenya did it. Nigeria should be no different.

“William Ruto won in Kenya, against Raila Odinga (a 5th time serial contestant) like Atiku.”

“This is Raila Odinga’s 5th presidential race. This time, he had the organs of the state and the incumbent president behind him. O lu le (knocked down) for the 5th time.

“A time must come when one must tweak one’s ambition. Try, try, try again but six times? I’d say let it go now Baba,” @Omojuwa added.

Reno
In what seems like a reaction to the Obidients’ tweets, former President Goodluck Jonathan’s ex-aide, Reno Omokri, likened Wajackoyah to Obi who has many supporters on social media but came last among the four candidates.

Omokri said this on his verified Twitter page on Tuesday.

@renoomokri tweeted: “George Wajackoyah was Kenya’s Peter Obi to a T. He dominated social media. He won every Twitter poll.

“And just like Peter, he had a girl on Twitter that was insulting every prominent Kenyan that could have helped Wajackoyah win. Election came. Wajackoyah was LAST!”

According to IEBC, Wajackoyah, the 63-year-old Law professor came third with 0.44% having 61,969 votes while David Waihiga with 0.23% came last with 31.987 votes.

Atiku
Meanwhile, both Atiku and Tinubu have reacted to Kenya’s results via their verified Twitter and Instagram handles respectively.

Atiku @atiku said, “Whatever issues there are about the election can always be resolved within the ambits of the law. As one, Kenyans will be the better for it.

“Congratulations to President-elect William Ruto @WilliamsRuto, and kudos to Raila Odinga @RailaOdinga for a closely fought contest.”

Tinubu
@officialasiwajubat posted, “I congratulate William Ruto and his UDA party on his election as the next president of Kenya.

“I also congratulate and commend the people of Kenya on the peaceful conduct of the elections.

“While urging all Kenyans to accept this result and shun violence, I enjoin them to seek peaceful adjudication of all disputes through the Kenyan legal system.

“This shall be the greatest testament to the progress Kenya has made in strengthening the core institutions of its democracy.

“It is my prayer that as President, Mr. Ruto will unite the country, bringing all Kenyans together to move their great nation forward and implementing the progressive policies and reforms desired by the people.

“I wish Mr. Ruto and all the people of Kenya the very best and look forward to a continued beneficial and cordial relationship between the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Republic of Kenya.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/how-atiku-tinubu-obidients-reacted-to-kenyan-presidential-election-results/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by God1000(m): 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2022
It was a bombshell and thunderbolt that sent Tinubu and Atiku into panic mode.

Mr Obi will trounce Tinubu and Atiku next year and I will jubilate.

Click like for Peter Obi and share for Tinubu

650 Likes 25 Shares

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by Righthussle: 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2022
OBJ thoughts be like" hmmm, how will I tell him I will not support him? How will I tell him Peter Obi is what Nigeria needs right now? how will I tell him to drop his presidential ambition and support Peter Obi oo . Will he understand why ? How will I explain to him that I want a better Nigeria for my grand children ? How will I make him understand that it is no longer about meeting former presidents , that it is the YOUTHS that will decide who will be president in 2023 ? How will I tell him that times have changed, that the bullion van era has passed. Hmmmmmmm..."

216 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by gasparpisciotta: 3:03pm On Aug 17, 2022
Everyone is looking for soft landing
Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by wonderaches(f): 3:04pm On Aug 17, 2022
Obi's hope must have boosted after that Kenyan election results

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by iiifedimma(f): 3:05pm On Aug 17, 2022
Please let's support his excellency Mr Peter obi for the president of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #ObiDatti2023 is certain

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by mbahdi(m): 3:05pm On Aug 17, 2022
That's how both tinubu atiku and obi will congratulate the next president elect

9 Likes

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by Greenbottlelady: 3:05pm On Aug 17, 2022
Sentiment apart, for a better Nigeria, Tinubu should obidently support labour party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay0D0DpuDDA

21 Likes

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by DJSNAKE: 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
2023 will be Nigerians turn

8 Likes

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by Throwback: 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
@renoomokri tweeted: “George Wajackoyah was Kenya’s Peter Obi to a T. He dominated social media. He won every Twitter poll.

“And just like Peter, he had a girl on Twitter that was insulting every prominent Kenyan that could have helped Wajackoyah win. Election came. Wajackoyah was LAST!”

According to IEBC, Wajackoyah, the 63-year-old Law professor came third with 0.44% having 61,969 votes while David Waihiga with 0.23% came last with 31.987 votes.

Obi is now scared that the Twitter candidate in Kenya who is also in his early 60s came 3rd, which is the expectation we all have for Obi in Nigeria.

As for the VP who created his own party and moved his well established structure there, it is only confirmatory that you can reap the rewards for work put in over the years, despite the Presidency cabal doing all to stop you.

That is the story of Tinubu.

I hope Atiku would learn from this and retire in 2023.

215 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by Righthussle: 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
IMPACT05:
How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients reacted to Kenyan presidential election results

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/how-atiku-tinubu-obidients-reacted-to-kenyan-presidential-election-results/

Comot Atiku pishor dia
Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by Authoreety: 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
Hhjj
Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by adioolayi(m): 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
This OP sef...

Na una dey make Obi and his obedients movements feel important...

Why you go mention Obidients reactions in the same article with the reactions of the real political gladiators like Tinubu and Atiku

You think Ruto, Odinga or Kenyatta is concerned about whatever any obedient has to say

You sef...dey whine dem dey go grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by PandaroObi: 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
Obidients must be elated, not knowing that this is Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by SensualMan1(m): 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
Tell me why every right thinking NIGERIA shouldn't vote for Obi?

Obi is the man!

Congratulations to Nigeria for getting it right for the first time in over 6 decades.

Congratulations Mr Peter Obi(GCFR)
President, Federal Republic Of Nigeria

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by Tayvino: 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2022
Obi is always on point

5 Likes

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by Kentuforchrist(m): 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2022
In obi we trust

4 Likes

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by Antoeni(m): 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2022
The wind of Obidient is blowing without structure.

7 Likes

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by Pandev(m): 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2022
Obi people should stop taking mkpurumiri. These people are desperately using social media to project their wishful thinking. The man is incumbent vice president. The party's name is the only thing that is new but the members are not. The incumbent president is part of the party likewise other politicians whom were with them in their former party. It is just like 2014 when APC was founded, many current and former governors, senators, reps etc decamped to APC, the same thing happened in Kenya. How many former and incumbent governors, senators, reps have decamped to LP? Abi make I mind my business grin. Only the vice presidential candidate decamped. Nothing else other than social media noise anytime Obi visits any one; He visited OBJ ; Ogun in the bag, he visited Babangida; Niger in the bag. He visited Wike; Rivers in the bag. Obi wave this, Obi tsunami that, anyone who doesn't support them, they send death threats. Awon clowns cheesy The race is between Tinubu and Atiku. Other pretenders should rest grin

LP= PDP lite

NNPP= APC lite cheesy

Anambra1stson1 the disciple of a liar don learn from their lying master. He claimed the Kenya president elect was a Twitter president that later won the real poll. But it was all lies, the twitter president came third and fourth is actually Obi's natural place grin. Reno OmokriMINAL is saying hi in his tweets below cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by Wintertime: 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2022
Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by EMXTAN1(m): 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2022
Torr...
Time shall tell...
Who would be the Nigerian William Ruto

1 Like

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by babyfaceafrica: 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2022
Nobody cares, Kenya is not Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by DSC7: 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2022
cool

Vote Wisely 2023..

8 Likes

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by specialmati(m): 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin no matter what happens. Nigerians should never make any mistake of voting another old man like buhari come 2023.the mess the country is into now. Those old corrupt money bags can never do anything. vote Peter Obi vote Labour Party

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by onunwa21(m): 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2022
Same thing will repeat in 9ga, come 2023!! The man without structure won!!!

3 Likes

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by Emola12(m): 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2022
Righthussle:
OBJ be like" hmmm the matter wey you bring so, e heavy for mouth ."
see as obasanjo dey look e be like make in disgrace d agbado and cassava urchin lol
Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by ogascomax: 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2022
Nigeria is not Kenya so get that straight.

1 Like

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by emmalexabl(m): 3:10pm On Aug 17, 2022
This i have seen already.....

5 Likes

Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by Abfinest007(m): 3:10pm On Aug 17, 2022
Wemoved
Re: How Atiku, Tinubu, Obidients Reacted To Kenyan Presidential Election Results by OMOJOHN001: 3:10pm On Aug 17, 2022
Fake bishop bursted

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal / Ikoyi $43 Million: Magu, Presidency In Dilemma Over The Discovered Cash / President Buhari's Supporters In Jos Go Gaga In Front Of His Convoy (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.