Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria (44405 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Babcock University Students In Styles (pics) / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam / El-rufai Shares Pictures Of Test Scripts Conducted For Kaduna Teachers - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by Reallife17: 8:05pm On Aug 17, 2022
TheSourcerer:
I guess because it was..
wouldn’t be so sure though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by Sarsaproko: 8:05pm On Aug 17, 2022
NewSoul:

That's too long (978 years from now). Jesus would have come. Except you mean 2100 which is 78 years from now

Some christians that lived in the 16th century probably believed Jesus would have come by 17th, 18th or even 19th century..But humans are still here and probably will be by the year 3000 and beyond..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by Bobloco: 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
Lazyreporta:

Pls use your sense.

Is Lagos then the same as Lagos today?
In terms of development, abi what exactly is your point?

Are you comparing both? Lagos today is far ahead of Lagos then.. I really don't understand how you people think at all, and keep dragging tinubu into werin no warrant am in the first place

How come na only Lagos una see talk about onitsha, enugu, kano, oyo wey them post nko? OK, those ones are better than the old pictures?

From that picture you will agree with me that Tinubu wrecked Lagos by ensuring that Lagos became second most unliveable city in the world after Damascus the capital of war thorne Syria

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by casualobserver: 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Female graduates of University college in Ibadan, Nigeria. 1953
I think all these women became professors. One of them is the late alele Williams

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by Reallife17: 8:10pm On Aug 17, 2022
Aidejay:
are you sure we aren't mistaking eccentricity for Intelligence? I mean it's easy to assume loudmouthness and braggadocio to be an indication of mental capacity. In order words I doubt fela was intelligent. He did say some reasonable things. But genius...! Nope.

Btw. He looks so thin and fragile in that picture. Must have been taken towards the end of his life.
what’s intelligence by your standard if I may ask?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by ehinmowo: 8:10pm On Aug 17, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Herd of goats in Ibadan, Nigeria. (1971)

These are the brow roofs of today.
Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by Reallife17: 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2022
Mercury12:
The good old day when life was sweet and simple
Life has always been sweet or not sweet at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by Lazyreporta(m): 8:13pm On Aug 17, 2022
Bobloco:

From that picture you will agree with me that Tinubu wrecked Lagos by ensuring that Lagos became second most unliveable city in the world after Damascus the capital of war thorne Syria

You're not making sense, no matter how small.
I just believe you're chasing clout Sha.

When una return to una livable region, the west go dey like old pictures in terms of orderliness

2 Likes

Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by Bobloco: 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2022
Lazyreporta:

You're not making sense, no matter how small.
I just believe you're chasing clout Sha.

When una return to una livable region, the west go dey like old pictures in terms of orderliness

You are making sense
Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by jojothaiv(m): 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Northern Nigerian hunters. 1956
Northern Griots instead otherwise known as the Kalango singers...
Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by Yxxx: 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2022
Simple wedding gown
Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by jojothaiv(m): 8:16pm On Aug 17, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Herd of goats in Ibadan, Nigeria. (1971)
My dear Ibadan....
Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by darichlife: 8:18pm On Aug 17, 2022
AkuOlisa:
The depressing thing about this pictures is that 97% of the people in this pictures are all dead and majority of them are also forgotten...
Just as the wave is continuous with the ocean, so is our body system in tune with total energy system of the cosmos and it is all you.

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by Papichulostunne(m): 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Two women pounding yams.
This na which year abeg? !! Lol
Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by GoodIsGod: 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2022
No Bandits
No Bokoharam
No ISWAP
No unknown men guns
No kidnappers

No police brutality
No visa to go out of Nigeria just buy ticket and fly
Naira was stronger than Dollar and equal to Pounds
No BuBu to turn lives upsidedown
No fuel scarcity
North was massively producing Groundnuts
West was massively producing Cocao and palm oil.
East was massively producing charcoal and palm oil.

Students received bursaries.

Life was extremely good for Nigerians.
Nigeria can never experience all these lost glories again.

So sad

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by SultanYoung: 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Police college Lagos 1972
Dominique
Lordreed
budaatum
Hopeful landlord
Peacefull
CAPSLOCKED
Starbuck
Sinkhole
Puvo
NoQualmz
Dyt

Lalastilala Seun mynd as a matter of urgency please ban this thread all this photos are our collective effort that we post for over 10 years in our Facebook private group achieve Nigerian Nostalgia Group and this good for nothing kid just dish them out like that without consulting the admins and moderator of the group.

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by Chnbanc: 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:
But why does the past look better?
I swear ..
And peaceful..
Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by chrisvic007: 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2022
Volunteer social workers giving food to starving people, afghaneastern 1969

Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2022
It was easier to make it with education and trading in this period. If you have parents that didn't take advantage of this golden era then they failed catastrophically.

Advantage of this old time

1. LESS DISTRACTION: no internet, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, slay queens, phones, television was only had by very wealthy people. If it is study you want to study, you study well. If it trade you want to learn, you learn well and make it.

2. FOOD Availability: food was very much available then. People were not drifting to urban cities. They focused on the farm while others on fishing. So the market was always filled with all sorts of food in such a way that supply exceeded demand resulting in affordability and the average family with minimum wage could afford many tubers of yam, big fish, crates of eggs, many bunch of plantains, potatoes, tomatoes was excess and meat was affordable to almost all. Now all these I mentioned is out of the reach of the common man no thanks to Old military heads of states and APC and PDP mafias.

3. Scholarship: once you graduate from university in the 1970/80s. It is instant employment into civil service or you are sponsored by government to further abroad in the UK. It was no big deal then. Check the educational background of all those who graduated in the 60s, 70s or 80s. You will see always see that they had an msc or PhD or diploma in the UK. Doctors do not do all these stupid plabs and USMLE that medical graduates kill themselves for these days. Just go there and be an intern and boom you are absorbed into the system even in Canada. Now it's almost impossible for Nigerian graduate medical doctors to smell practicing in Canada. Then as a carpenter or mechanic you can buy land in a very good location and build a storey buildings in your 20s. Now men even in their 30s have to be into fraud to be able to buy land.

MARRIAGE WAS STRAIGHT FORWARD: All you have to do is tell a woman you like her. Just have a job no matter what it is just make sure you can earn enough to feed yourself and her and buy clothes that were not so expensive. Dating was always on the field or by a tree holding hands and professing love and then you tell your people you've seen a wife and then they go meet her parents, pay bride price and hold a small compound party and church thanksgiving and whala you are married. No buying Brazilian wigs/hairs, no KFC (KFC is her coming to cook in your house), no iphone 14 buying, no designer wear buying, no Mary Kay make up kits buying. Now these daughters of jezebel all around even if you cut your arm and serve on a tray they would say you did nothing.

Minimal Insecurity: you can travel from Lagos to Borno by night bus and be at peace. There were no Boko Haram, bandits , kidnappers and UGM. You travel with ease of mind and night journey was always more enjoyable.

Morality was esteemed: then your parents will tell you not to take whatever does not belong to you. You must not come back home with something they didn't buy for you and whenever you are leaving to the university. You are given a lecture on being a good representative of the family and remembering the son of who you are. If your wealth was questionable and the source of your wealth not known or visible your parents refuse to collect your handouts unlike now where nobody cares whether you are a kidnapper or ritualist. My son just make money.

MERIT WAS RESPECTED: FOR job positions, if you are better and qualified you are employed. No religious or tribal sentiments. Same for admission into universities then. Chukwudi could go and study in Ahmadu Bello University Zaria without anyone being biased towards him. And Ibrahim Dantata could go to UNN Nsukka without anyone marginalizing.

Good old days

Vote Obi/datti 2023

Nigeria will be great again ✌️

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by Chnbanc: 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2022
Sarsaproko:
By the year 3000, this thread will also be part of history..
I wish i will be here then..
Life too sweet
Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by Delacroix6(m): 8:28pm On Aug 17, 2022
I miss stage pastr so much.
I wasn't even a part of it but I wish I could go back there.
Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by Tunjibalogun: 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2022
This made me happy and I appreciate the peace we had far back with orderliness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2022
starbuck:

Great and you
Will see you on the other side cool
going smooth thank you

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by planetx: 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Fela doing his thing ....Very Intelligent Man. Unpraised Genius.
Ko si bese fagbo, ele fagbo to baba Fela.
Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2022
campbelljosh:
Which one is fela pls?
the youngest male sitting.
Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2022
ImadeUReadThis:

All I see is dead people
Me too
Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2022
Aidejay:
You JUst sEnt me down a rabbit hole. Mother Theresa was a wahhhhh! shocked
yes sir , the worst of the worst . oh please read up on her , using same needles on children , puropsly siphooning aid money , she was vile.
Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by Cmanforall: 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Mixed Igbo-Irish family. 1980 in Nsukka.
Who are these kids ?
Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2022
Thobby02lawbar:

This isn't true. This should be the children of The Church of Lord (Aladura)
yes ma'am smiley

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

The roofs have not fully turned brown here

Anumanu you are back with your meme undecided
Re: Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 8:44pm On Aug 17, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Next time, acknowledge the source. This is from the Nigerian nostalgia project.
and quora, reddit and from my previously made posts on NL , thank you though smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. / Lecturer Smashes Student’s iPhone For Ringing During Class (Photos, Video) / Female Student Electrocuted At Rivers State University (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.