Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm (11056 Views)

Poll: Who Wins The Community Shield?

Man Utd: 36% (7 votes)
Man City: 63% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Mourinho Throws Away Community Shield Medal--- GOAL / Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Community Shield (1 - 0) On 2nd August 2015 / Chelsea Vs Aston Villa On Sunday, January 2nd; 2.30pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by coogar: 4:43pm On Aug 07, 2011
nateevs:

Oh Please!. Never be deluded that City will stronger with Tevez and Aguero.
We don't need to beat City to win the league.

we also rested berbatov(golden boot winner) and hernandez(chelsea's nemesis).
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 07, 2011
coogar:

Oshi oda!!! Where were you when you were 2-0 down
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by RuuDie(m): 4:48pm On Aug 07, 2011
grin grin grin

All the Abu Dhabi money + 2 ahead & Citeh are still shitty beside UTD
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by nateevs(m): 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2011
coogar:

You rested Berbatov!.
Hilarious!
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by RuuDie(m): 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2011
Doing my best not to get carried away ~ but it was a very good win nontheless. . . . there's depth in the squad which is pleasing and the passing is definitely getting fluider (guess we should be thanking FCB for that) - hope they can keep this up ~ very encouraging!

grin
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by debosky(m): 4:53pm On Aug 07, 2011
nateevs:

You rested Berbatov!.
Hilarious!

Sharon hasn't renewed his sky subscription so he was only following the game from soccernet's website. grin grin
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by SamMilla1(m): 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2011
We are off to a flying start again. I bet this trophy will facilitate the departure of fabregas and nasri from ARSEnal
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2011
nateevs:

You rested Berbatov!.
Hilarious!

debosky:

Sharon hasn't renewed his sky subscription so he was only following the game from soccernet's website. grin grin

I didnt even read his post, just wanted to have a dig since he lacked the bottle to post when manure was 2-0 down.

Rested indeed!!!
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by coogar: 5:07pm On Aug 07, 2011
nateevs:

You rested Berbatov!.
Hilarious!

so a golden boot winner who came on in the 89th minute wasn't rested?
how many goals was he supposed to score with a minute to go? abi you are foolish enough to think there's extra time in a community shield game?
berbatov was heavily rested!!
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by ritchboy(m): 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2011
Clichy is a genius grin grin

Even Kompany has been infected, it must be contagious cheesy
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by nateevs(m): 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2011
coogar:

so a golden boot winner who came on in the 89th minute wasn't rested?
how many goals was he supposed to score with a minute to go? abi you are foolish enough to think there's extra time in a community shield game?
berbatov was heavily rested!!

Oh Please!
You only rest a player who is 100% guaranteed to start game.
Now read that and tell me again about resting.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by coogar: 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2011
nateevs:

Oh Please!
You only rest a player who is 100% guaranteed to start game.
Now read that and tell me again about resting.

so berbatov isn't guaranteed to start a game?
the epl golden boot winner? he wasn't injured - hernandez is out till september.
so welbeck(a loan returnee) starting ahead of berbatov is not an anomaly? you are a disgrace!!!
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2011
CONGRATS UNITED.
However it does not take away the fact that De Gea looks like a weak link.
Tom Cleverly on the other hand looks a real prospect.
Looks like Sir Alex is trying to build a new team based on quick inter changes of passes-Kinda like Barca.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by chamotex(m): 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2011
Welbeck played ahead of Berbatov. . . So we can say he was rested.
If it was Chicharito, then maybe not.
Or is Welbeck a regular starter?
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by Sike(m): 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2011
Itz all Over for Man Spender! With all the Money?
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by coogar: 5:16pm On Aug 07, 2011
chamotex:

don't mind nateevs. . . . .
he's starting to realize the best of chelsea + villash-boash are 5 miles behind man utd this season.
can't wait to catch those renties this season.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by nateevs(m): 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2011
chamotex:

You are the one concluding that Welbeck played instead of Berbatov.
In Fergie's mind, that's bollocks. You can argue Owen could have started ahead of Welbeck.
Was Owen rested too?

Oya last chance for all you Mancs to withdraw this drivel before I rain on y'all.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by chamotex(m): 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2011
This Lateef guy is high o.
LOL
Was Owen a regular starter for United last season or why do you think I mentioned Chicharito?
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by coogar: 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2011
chamotex:

LOL
Was Owen a regular starter for United last season or why do you think I mentioned Chicharito?

lateef is high on weed!
it will take another 7 days before his head clears.
had chicharito started, then one would understand berbatov wasn't rested cos hernandez is preferred to him. . . . .but in the absence of hernandez, in a competitive game against city, no chance welbeck would get a nod ahead of berbatov.

nateevs:

You are the one concluding that Welbeck played instead of Berbatov.
In Fergie's mind, that's bollocks. You can argue Owen could have started ahead of Welbeck.
Was Owen rested too?

in the absence of hernandez, the second slot is for grabs.
the preference then will be berbatov, owen, welbeck.

owen wasn't on the bench which leaves berbatov only as the lottery winner.
but welbeck started. even at 2-2, if you have any brains in your head - don't you think ferguson would have brought on berbatov in the 70th minute?
fergie didn't - he brought him on with a minute to go when everyone knows there's no 30 mins extra time in community shield game.
if that does not mean he's resting an older berbatov for the league game next week sunday then i have nothing else to say to you.

Oya last chance for all you Mancs to withdraw this drivel before I rain on y'all.

giggs was rested, berbatov was rested. they are now the oaps of the squad
even rio/vidic only played 45 mins - would that happen in a normal league game?
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by nateevs(m): 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2011
chamotex:

LOL

So Berbatov was rested.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by coogar: 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2011
nateevs:

So Berbatov was rested.

particularly in a match where united needed to score goals and their highest goal scorer was on the bench, it's fair to say he was rested for the start of the battle next weekend.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by ritchboy(m): 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2011
Nateevs has a catalog of brain farts over the last few weeks or so. . . "Pedro is not a winger, Ashley Young may never play for England again, Chelsea have the best defence and midfield", etc etc etc.

Remember him in your prayers cheesy
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2011
@nateevs,
I think coogar's position makes sense.welbeck can't be favored over Berbatov in my view.Welbeck is returning from a spell on loan.How can he be preferred to last season's golden boot winner?
Give it a rest,son. . .
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by nateevs(m): 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2011
ritchboy:

Nateevs has a catalog of brain farts over the last few weeks or so. . . "Pedro is not a winger, Ashley Young may never play for England again, Chelsea have the best defence and midfield", etc etc etc.

Remember him in your prayers cheesy

Ode ni e.
Chelsea conceded the least amount of goals in the PL last season.
Yes we do have the best defence in the league.

If you no like am, go hug transformer.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 07, 2011
@nateevs

What's the essence of having the best defence when you couldn't even win the league - you even lost the league by 9 clear points.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by coogar: 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2011
naijababe:

Oshi oda!!! Where were you when you were 2-0 down

hustling to find my way into wembley. cheesy

nateevs:

Ode ni e.

and since when has only the fewest goals conceded being a parameter to judge the best defence in the league.
chelsea conceded fewer goals but lost how many games? repeat that - say it again? grin grin grin grin

so if i concede 19 goals all season but lost 19 games, i have the best defence? cheesy grin
nateevs, today is not just your day - go and lie down. cheesy
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by nateevs(m): 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2011
coogar:

hustling to find my way into wembley. cheesy

and since when has only the fewest goals conceded being a parameter to judge the best defence in the league.
chelsea conceded fewer goals but lost how many games? repeat that - say it again? grin grin grin grin

so if i concede 19 goals all season but lost 19 games, i have the best defence? cheesy grin
nateevs, today is not just your day - go and lie down. cheesy

So by your reasoning, in a ten-game sample, If Chelsea concede a goal in each game and lose 10 games over the season.
United on the other hand lose one game, draw 9 but those 9 games ended 4-4 every single time, United will be be considered as having the better defence just because they managed to cop a point in every game.

Can you even believe what this dude is on to?
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by nateevs(m): 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2011
cnario:

@nateevs

What's the essence of having the best defence when you couldn't even win the league - you even lost the league by 9 clear points.

Never mind dude. There's history behind this discussion.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by coogar: 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2011
nateevs:

So by your reasoning, in a ten-game sample, If Chelsea concede a goal in each game and lose 10 games over the season.
United on the other hand lose one game, draw 9 but those 9 games ended 4-4 every single time, United will be be considered as having the better defence just because they managed to cop a point in every game.

Can you even believe what this dude is on to?

you are daft. . . . .sharpen your comprehension skills and read again. . . .

coogar:

even after i highlighted the word only, it still didn't sink in your chelsea head.
let me simplify it for you cos ritchboy told me you cop periodic brain-farts every sunday. . . . . .what i was trying to say is isolating fewest goals conceded isn't the only parameter to judge the best defence. the number of games lost also count for something.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by switch360(f): 6:35pm On Aug 07, 2011
Manchester United Rocks
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by ritchboy(m): 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2011
nateevs:

Ode ni e.

City and Chelsea conceded the same number of goals, do we also say City have the best defence in the league based on one season? Nateevs you need to lie down. cheesy
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by nateevs(m): 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2011
ritchboy:

City and Chelsea conceded the same number of goals, do we also say City have the best defence in the league based on one season? Nateevs you need to lie down. cheesy

Call it joint. Call it all you want.
Yes they do, based on one season.
How else would you put it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Porto :UCL (3 - 1 ) On 21st October 2020 / Arsenal Vs West Brom (2 - 1) On 9th May 2021 / Liverpool Vs Cardiff City (3 - 1) On 21st December 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.