Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

2023- Reason Beyond Petty Sentiments. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023- Reason Beyond Petty Sentiments. (227 Views)

2023: Reason Why Tinubu Will Be Betrayed By The Northerners / COAS: The 24 Army Officers Buhari Bypassed Over Ethnic, Religious Sentiments- SR / Tradermoni Beyond Petty Politics, Busy Body 2019 Elections By Akinloye James (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2023- Reason Beyond Petty Sentiments. by Aguogba(m): 10:41am On Aug 18, 2022
In our political history, it is usual for our presidents and their political party to hold on to power for 2 tenures which amounts to 8 years except during coups or death. What it means is that, come 2023 elections, if we get it wrong, we will be waiting for another 8 years to make amends. 8 solid years. That will be until 2031. Remember that this present journey started 2015. And we will end it by 2023.

To some people, it may sound simple and trivial due to our petty sentiments as a people. These sentiments include but are not restricted to:
I. "I want this president because he is from my tribe".
II. "He is our darling president because he is from my religion".
III. "I support him because he is from my geopolitical zone".
IV. "I will campaign and vote for this president because he is my party flag bearer"

One thing is clear. These sentiments will NEVER guarantee good quality of life for you, your family, your tribe, religion or the nation at large if the leadership is incompetent.

Our main yardstick should always be "who is the best candidate that can offer the majority of our citizens the best quality of life? Who has the best manifesto and enough experience to back it up?
Who is least corrupt in their previous careers or official position? Other sentiments can then follow.

To put it clearly
1. If you're 32 years by 2023 and you choose the wrong president, you will be 40 years by the time he will be done. Think of how u will feel as a frustrated 40 year old man or woman.

2. If you vote wrongly by 2023, your pikin wey u born even by 2024 may start school in a government school which has no chair or desks and may have to sit on the floor. That is not the future u want for your unborn children.
Re: 2023- Reason Beyond Petty Sentiments. by Hotice007: 12:26pm On Aug 18, 2022
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

20million Match For PETER OBI In Kogi State ..... Ode / List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians in 2015 / Dino Melaye Hits Back At Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.