Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened (14181 Views)

I Turned Off Read Receipt To View Her Status And This Happened.. / I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened / Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by CaptainZubi: 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2022
As seen on nairaland from lagosinter, .Will GB WhatsApp users still know you viewed their status despite the fact that you turned off read receipt?

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by KingAzubuike(f): 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
If you turn off read receipt and

1. View the status of a normal WhatsApp user, they won't know

2. View the status of a GB WhatsApp user or other mods of WhatsApp, they will know , it will show.

So if he's been turning off read receipt and viewing status on WhatsApp thinking he's anonymous, he has been deceiving himself.

4 Likes

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by CaptainZubi: 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2022
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by CaptainZubi: 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2022
[quote author=KingAzubuike post=115821567][/quote]
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by gulfer: 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
On FMWhatsApp, if you don't tick the read status sign, no one can know angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by liveyourlife007(m): 4:29pm On Aug 18, 2022
Insecure idiots everywhere

33 Likes

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by AstroG: 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2022
KingAzubuike:
If you turn off read receipt and

1. View the status of a normal WhatsApp user, they won't know

2. View the status of a GB WhatsApp user or other mods of WhatsApp, they will know , it will show.

So if he's been turning off read receipt and viewing status on WhatsApp thinking he's anonymous, he has been deceiving himself.

It doesn’t show on WhatsApp GB

5 Likes

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by DaInferno(m): 5:21pm On Aug 18, 2022
liveyourlife007:
...the world needs arsholes too you know grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by AuroraB(f): 5:22pm On Aug 18, 2022
liveyourlife007:
Lower your voice cheesy
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Ifiok21: 5:31pm On Aug 18, 2022
It was not because of Gb WhatsApp.

If the status was sent out before you turned off your read receipt, the person would still know.

So you can turn off your read receipt just before you view the status, it had to be before it was sent

4 Likes

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by liveyourlife007(m): 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2022
AuroraB:
Lower your voice cheesy
Yes ma cool
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Machalla(m): 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2022
I will view your status and nothing will happen grin.
Lol. These day it just that I don't do the normal WhatsApp chit chat anymore. It is more like text message without having to pay the network N4 charges for me. cheesy
If you don't want to view anyone status then delete them from your contact. Life is not that hard

3 Likes

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by YorubaSlur: 7:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
I can't believe how dumb some people are, read receipts is not for status, it's for the pigmentation(blueing) of the double tick, which occurs when the receiver views the message.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Bobbyjay001(m): 7:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
CaptainZubi:
As seen on nairaland from lagosinter, .Will GB WhatsApp users still know you viewed their status despite the fact that you turned off read receipt?

Can you tell the difference between this GB WhatsApp and normal WhatsApp?
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by RuneKingThor: 7:32pm On Aug 18, 2022
Afoonja:
I can't believe how dumb some people are, read receipts is not for status, it's for the pigmentation of the double tick, which occurs when the receiver views the message.
Now you are the dumb one. Go and read all what read receipts does.

32 Likes

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Udejohnchi(m): 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2022
liveyourlife007:
who are the people? I hope i no follow
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by YorubaSlur: 8:15pm On Aug 18, 2022
RuneKingThor:

Now you are the dumb one. Go and read all what read receipts does.

Sense is far from you.

1 Like

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by ikdaddy01(m): 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2022
Until you get to the point where you don't care who views or doesn't view your activities...

10 Likes

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by 99thEnemy(m): 9:31pm On Aug 18, 2022
grin Officially tagged a peeping Tom grin
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by abfelicity91: 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2022
Afoonja:
I can't believe how dumb some people are, read receipts is not for status, it's for the pigmentation(blueing) of the double tick, which occurs when the receiver views the message.
They never ask those with an expired brain and dried senses to raise up their hands, but you don raise up your two hands already. Oga Sit down fes, why the hurry? they go use ask una to raise up una hand

5 Likes

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by abfelicity91: 9:54pm On Aug 18, 2022
Afoonja:

Sense is far from you.
Rest first na,
Why you mumu like this na
Where did they made mentioned of the pig wetin wetin you type there?
They said you won't send or receive receipt. Meaning, you view someone status without letting them know same way they will view yours and you won't know.
Your mumu don too much aswear

1 Like

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Abizz: 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2022
AstroG:

It doesn’t show on WhatsApp GB
It does on this one condition.
If you turn off your read receipt to view a GB user's status and decide to turn on the read receipt there after, even if it's after 6 to 8 hours, it would appear at the GB user's seen list that you viewed it. It would show "just now" instead of 6 to 8 hours ago (regardless of how many hours it took you to turn on the read receipt).
I swear I have confirmed this a million times.

3 Likes

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by YorubaSlur: 11:01pm On Aug 18, 2022
abfelicity91:

Rest first na,
Why you mumu like this na
Where did they made mentioned of the pig wetin wetin you type there?
They said you won't send or receive receipt. Meaning, you view someone status without letting them know same way they will view yours and you won't know.
Your mumu don too much aswear

Ignorance is bad grin grin iti komkom
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by ajekpaks(m): 11:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ifiok21:
It was not because of Gb WhatsApp.

If the status was sent out before you turned off your read receipt, the person would still know.

So you can turn off your read receipt just before you view the status, it had to be before it was sent

correct answer

1 Like

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Deicide: 11:36pm On Aug 18, 2022
I never knew read receipt was for status, When that one start?
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by daewoorazer(m): 2:15am On Aug 19, 2022
Listen,

If you turn off read receipt to watch someone’s status, and turn it back on right after, the network will still send view notification to the OP unless the status expires.

What you can do is be consistent, LEAVE YOUR READ RECEIPT TURNED OFF PERMANENTLY!

1 Like

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Reminderz: 5:42am On Aug 19, 2022
Abizz:

It does on this one condition.
If you turn off your read receipt to view a GB user's status and decide to turn on the read receipt there after, even if it's after 6 to 8 hours, it would appear at the GB user's seen list that you viewed it. It would show "just now" instead of 6 to 8 hours ago (regardless of how many hours it took you to turn on the read receipt).
I swear I have confirmed this a million times.
this works with normal WhatsApp too... I've confirmed it.. nice one
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Reminderz: 5:44am On Aug 19, 2022
daewoorazer:
Listen,

If you turn off read receipt to watch someone’s status, and turn it back on right after, the network will still send view notification to the OP unless the status expires.

What you can do is be consistent, LEAVE YOUR READ RECEIPT TURNED OFF PERMANENTLY!
grin the funniest thing is sometimes I do this and keep thinking WhatsApp won't notify the person since it wasn't on when I viewed the person's status.... mumu me grin
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by YorubaSlur: 5:56am On Aug 19, 2022
Reminderz:

grin the funniest thing is sometimes I do this and keep thinking WhatsApp won't notify the person since it wasn't on when I viewed the person's status.... mumu me grin

This is the dumbest thread on Naira
Land. I wonder how old these peeps are?? Here fighting over read receipts that has nothing to do with status. A simple google search would have helped your misery.

Nigeria is finally doomed, this generation of illiterates and itks that have nothing upstairs and would still argue with their elders. Aru!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News / #ATAwards2019: Arewa Twitter Awards 2019 / The Black Berry Craze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.