Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Transformational Leadership In Nigerian Health Sector - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Transformational Leadership In Nigerian Health Sector (271 Views)

Rivers State University Teaching Hospital: A Major Boost To The Nigerian Health / The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog / That Mouth Blister Is NOT Malaria But Herpes Labialis- Nigerian Health Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Transformational Leadership In Nigerian Health Sector by KaTcHmoneyInc1(m): 5:09am On Aug 19, 2022
By Okeh, Onyekachi Chukwuemeka.

Having taken my time to study various democrasies around the world with special mention of nations that have moved from the status of an underdeveloped nation to that of a developed nation, one of the very clear reoccurring decimals in their success story have been the quality of leadership they have always had.

Bangladesh, Vietnam and Singapore are very prominent on the global map all because of their ability to have looked at their situations, despite how terribly flawed it was at the moment and transformed same.

The commitment of their leadership over the years to ensure that things are turned around in the most unconventional manner places them at a remarkable place in the course of human history.

Getting some of us onboard with his team to play the roles folks like me are playing in the NAUTH PROJECT 2030 is not a decision made from the place of personal gain, it is a clear decision taken from the place of conviction and verifiable deliverables as can be seen with the outcome of the various interventions executed by the leadership of the hospital ably led by Dr. Joseph Ugboaja.

Ochinanwata as we all know is not a man used to being routine when it comes to executing tasks assigned to him, with him if it is not excellent then it should not be engaged with at all.

This is the philosophy behind what he is doing at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Anambra State Permanent Site, a site where he is literarily redefining what "possibility and impossibility" means.

At the permanent site, the engagement of the Management team of the hospital ably represented by Ochinanwata, has ensured that everything being done is delivered according to basic minimal standard.

Just yesterday, one of the extremely exceptionally gifted Engineers whom is incharge of some of the projects at the Permanent site clearly told the Chief Medical Director a striking thing and I quote;

"In all my years, doing construction work for the government, no one has ever stressed I and my team the way we have been stressed with the NAUTH PROJECT. In majority of my experience of the many past years, all I do is to be given the site and allowed to deliver what I feel is best but with your institution, you are different as your attention to the slightest of details is phenomenal and I am happy that it is all for the best but the truth is that you have stretched us to limits not routinely imagined earlier".

However, it is on record that the Accident And Emergency Unit under construction at the permanent site is a massive structure and would be a unit to be referred to in a few years to come, by the grace of God hence it is pertinent that every energy and human resource available is committed to making this a reality.

Ochinanwata believes in allowing people to do their jobs but also is a huge sucker for committed supervision of task.

Most days, when he chooses to visit the permanent site which we do everyother day depending on his schedule, never has it been heard that we spent a minimum of five (5) hours inspecting the various construction sites and making very striking corrections.

The quality of time spent at the site doesn't take into consideration whether it is a sunny day or a rainy one, with Ochinanwata the Lord's work must go on.

Finally, Nigeria is blessed to have men of Ochinanwata's quality and I really doubt if they are in huge supply, they are known as exceptional performers at tasks.

With the pace at which he is leading the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Anambra State's transformation, it would only be sane to say that what would be achieved in a very few years to come as long as this pace of transformation is sustained, would be phenomenal.

Alot indeed has to do with leadership and this is what we direly need in Nigeria at this time.

Ochinanwata understands the job. He has a well stated vision, knows his mission through which to arrive at this vision and consistently is putting in all the works needed to arrive at the destination.

The Ochinanwata Brand is one known for innovation, excellence and ambitious goals. Always know that in Africa, once you deliver mind blowing results that defer rational reasoning, your a branded a Mystical Being. Permit me to introduce you to "Mystical Ochinanwata".

Let me wrap up this write up with the CMD's response whenever folks hail him to high heavens as a performer, "ọ bụ kwanu Chukwu na eme ihe ndị a" meaning in English Language, It is God who does all these things.

#ochinanwatameansbusiness #josephugboaja #disruptiveleadership

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Basic Changes To Consider In Your Diet That Will Improve Your Health / Health Benefits Of Eating Snail / Why Extreme Maca Is Best Supplement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.