Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad (1319 Views)

What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? / What Are Your Regrets Since You Moved Abroad? / See What Happened When I Moved To My New Environment (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:11am On Aug 19, 2022
Reaction as Africans talked about what shook them when they moved abroad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:15am On Aug 19, 2022
undecided

2 Likes

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:16am On Aug 19, 2022
All man for himself

2 Likes

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:17am On Aug 19, 2022
Media propaganda

2 Likes

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:18am On Aug 19, 2022
smiley

3 Likes

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:19am On Aug 19, 2022
sad

1 Like

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:20am On Aug 19, 2022
Definitely Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:21am On Aug 19, 2022

1 Like

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:25am On Aug 19, 2022
Information is life lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:27am On Aug 19, 2022
How true

3 Likes

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:27am On Aug 19, 2022
Definitely no trade by bata undecided

3 Likes

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:30am On Aug 19, 2022
Number 6, no doubt about that.

2 Likes

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:32am On Aug 19, 2022
Infact, we may not invent the best of technologies but we sure own the best of it.

4 Likes

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:34am On Aug 19, 2022
A mother will charge her daughter to babysit her grandchild, NoFreeZone grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:35am On Aug 19, 2022
we grew up with western propaganda. China is taking over

2 Likes

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:37am On Aug 19, 2022

3 Likes

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:42am On Aug 19, 2022
Smarter than the teacher grin

3 Likes

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:44am On Aug 19, 2022
Winter na your mate? grin

3 Likes

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Olumighty123(m): 6:46am On Aug 19, 2022
grin

2 Likes

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by madridguy(m): 6:55am On Aug 19, 2022
Interesting.... The one up here surprised me and scared me grin

" When you wake up in the morning and you didn't get morning erection as a man lipsrsealed "
It is happening here too and reason I dey always avoid all those yamyama food call fast food that some people thinking eating out means you don arrive not knowing their killing their joy stick.
Person no get money for pocket yet you no get active Gbola for under shocked Make we no see akoba.

6 Likes

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by care4you: 7:00am On Aug 19, 2022
I love this thread m
Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by meobizy(f): 8:22am On Aug 19, 2022
It was the culture shock at Heathrow airport; seeing more Indians and Chinese compared to any other race.

It was the fact that eight in the evening was no different from five p.m. back home.

It was the fact that the spring weather was tolerable, but once it reached ten o’clock at night, temperatures plummeted.

It was the fact that the sun rose at four in the morning as opposed to half six like home.

It was the fact that every location looked the same. I had never seen such a situation especially back home where the norm is a competition to make your edifice look more luxurious than the next man’s.

It was the fact I saw females under sixteen years of age pushing baby carriages and no one saw anything wrong.

It was the fact that everywhere was consciously quiet save for some idiot children and teenagers being rebellious.

It was the fact that people came in differing shades and complexions as opposed to varying tones of ebony.

It was the fact that they spoke English in ways which took a while to comprehend.

It was the fact that obese Caucasians used mobility vehicles as opposed to walking like Africans.

It was the fact their beer was weak.

Many others exist which I could use to bore someone. Those were easiest to remember.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Sweetvie: 8:40am On Aug 19, 2022
Interesting
Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:09am On Aug 19, 2022
Here to learn
Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Rik500k(m): 10:32am On Aug 19, 2022
madridguy:
Interesting.... The one up here surprised me and scared me grin

" When you wake up in the morning and you didn't get morning erection as a man lipsrsealed "
It is happening here too and reason I dey always avoid all those yamyama food call fast food that some people thinking eating out means you don arrive not knowing their killing their joy stick.
Person no get money for pocket yet you no get active Gbola for under shocked Make we no see akoba.
Keyboard Warlord, so Apc has paid you for all the dirt work you did for them on nairaland space, happy for you to have sense to relocate
Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by madridguy(m): 1:04pm On Aug 19, 2022
I don't get you? Why are you derailing the thread?

Rik500k:
Keyboard Warlord, so Apc has paid you for all the dirt work you did for them on nairaland space, happy for you to have sense to relocate
Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by Mophor: 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2022
Issokay!!!
Re: People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad by RikudoSennin: 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2022
How clean the roads are. I love how everyone knows what to do when the season changes. Mow the public parks when in summer, plow the snow when in winter, clean the dried leaves when in fall and fertilize and clean the parks when in spring.

How organized the governments are. I am taking about Federal, state, county and mayors. Everyone has their role to play and each state has their laws.

How mentally retarded Americans are. They are raised in egoistical, violent and ignorant virtues and they see nothing wrong with it. They love violence.

How kids are parents and parents are kids. Parents are scared of their kids hence they cannot chastise them.

And oh, men are women and women are men. Never seen such weak men in my life. Women will yell at their men in public and their men will be quiet as a graveyard.

Lots of sick people here. No manners, no community, no friends, everyone goes to work, comes back home, eat and sleep. Neighbors do not see often as everyone is damned busy. Rise and repeat.

Obsessed citizens here and there.

America being the richest country has lots of poor citizens and when you raise this issue, the citizens are ready to tear you apart. Very ignorant set of people.

Work, work and work. Americans see themselves as lazy if they are not working. Good thing the Gen Z changing this.

Pop Culture, celebrity worship.

Family values are different here. Mothers, Fathers and their kids might not talk or speak to each and they are fine with it. They find it easy to cut each other off. No wonder lots of mentally depressed people are skyrocketing.

Ambulance is not free. Can go as $4000 depending on the miles. Education is expensive too.

Less organic foods and they are very expensive.

Guns, Guns, Guns. To me, i think Americans love their guns than their kids.

Oh and Americans love excuses. They call it "Whataboutism" grin. Too fake set of people. Smile with you and stab you while not looking. I realized this very early and know how to play them.

Everything is transactional. In Africa where we do things for the common good, it does not apply here.

First time i realize the color of my skin. Here, you are treated in the color of your skin.

Kids can change gender at 10 but cannot buy beer until 21 grin

I could go on and on but don't wanna bore.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get An Ecowas Passport / Indian 'oluwole' In England / Your Experiences At Dv 2009 Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.