Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:55 AM

Why Do Northerners Do This? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Do Northerners Do This? (1263 Views)

Why Do Northerners Come To Lagos, Since They Like Sharia Law / Armed Northerners Allegedly Tried To Gain Entrance Into LASU (VIDEO) / Hausa, Northerners Attacked In Oyo By Amotekun & Hoodlums - Daily Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Northerners Do This? by freshkpomo(m): 7:37am On Aug 19, 2022
this question may not sound appropriate but it is something if concern. I don't know about other States or cities but here in Benin I have seen this multiple times Where northerners smuggle themselves into the city in hundreds. I used to think this was their normal way of transportation but with the rise in insecurity within Benin and people who encountered these kidnappers and have negotiated with them say they are "Aboki" took my mind back to how some of them arrived.

Firstly it's not illegal to move within your country and if it is so, why do some people still have to hide under cows and bag of beans if truly they were doing something legitimate or without an hidden agenda. My friends who drive truck have told me how they have smashed many mistakenly at nights who slept off and fell from the vehicles they used in smuggling them. About a month ago, in Edo State.....

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Do This? by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 19, 2022
It is left for them.
Re: Why Do Northerners Do This? by freshkpomo(m): 7:43am On Aug 19, 2022
some armed men tried to kidnap an MOG. The youths gave them a hot chase and they got angry and killed their victim. The youths later caught them and they confessed not to be an ordinary Aboki but are confirmed members of Boko. They took the youths to their camp and their leader was captured (the rest is history because this guy na top Boko commander and I will like to end it here because the guy made some shocking revelations). The confession of these people make me cry, how many people dey Edo when these guys don kill such Numbers?

I don't know if Edo is the only State having this issue or northerners smuggling themselves or it happens in other southern States too.

share your opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Do This? by Freelane33(m): 7:43am On Aug 19, 2022
People whey don mad
Re: Why Do Northerners Do This? by Redoil: 7:45am On Aug 19, 2022
they own Nigeria and it it is there property so mind your business
Re: Why Do Northerners Do This? by bewla(m): 7:49am On Aug 19, 2022
When there is farming in one area or war people tend to move

Don't let this evil press turn us against each other

That's hat they want
Because the small in number the easiest to rule

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Do This? by ifeanyiatuadu: 8:07am On Aug 19, 2022
They will do worse when Tinubu finally Islamize Nigeria

Vote wisely

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Do This? by Mrsoft3(m): 8:09am On Aug 19, 2022
About the transportation:
Some of this people follow trucks that are cheaper for them to commute from one region to another, it doesn't look like smuggling in as much as there is freedom of movement withing the country .

Now talking about people committing crime and you are relating it to northerners as your topic implies is totally wrong, when a criminal is arrested they want to be identified with a gang hence they call any name knowing fully well people will believe. Not everybody that speaks Hausa is from the northern region of Nigeria. Infact most of them are from Chad and Niger republic but you people won't believe this , although nobody will blame anybody it is the way the country has turn to and also the media helping to put more fire to this current menace.

Even in the north there are attacks and killings on a daily basis, it is not to a particular region alone.they don't voice out as you would think hence many people feel the northerners are all in on this.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Do This? by dawnomike(m): 8:14am On Aug 19, 2022
Mrsoft3:
About the transportation:
Some of this people follow trucks that are cheaper for them to commute from one region to another, it doesn't look like smuggling in as much as there is freedom of movement withing the country .

Now talking about people committing crime and you are relating it to northerners as your topic implies is totally wrong, when a criminal is arrested they want to be identified with a gang hence they call any name knowing fully well people will believe. Not everybody that speaks Hausa is from the northern region of Nigeria. Infact most of them are from Chad and Niger republic but you people won't believe this , although nobody will blame anybody it is the way the country has turn to and also the media helping to put more fire to this current menace.

Even in the north there are attacks and killings on a daily basis, it is not to a particular region alone.they don't voice out as you would think hence many people feel the northerners are all in on this.
I see sense in all you've said

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Do This? by Mrsoft3(m): 8:19am On Aug 19, 2022
Redoil:
they own Nigeria and it it is there property so mind your business

Listen nobody owns Nigeria, no one person is Nigeria. The country is standing not just because of the crude oil and agriculture but because we could unite and agree to be govern by choosen leaders, it is rather unfortunate that we are at a point where religious beliefs and ethnicity has getting the better part of us.

I discovered our major problem is lack of systems that works.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Do This? by JASONjnr(m): 8:22am On Aug 19, 2022
Jennifer663:
It is left for them.

Left for them?

Do you think that the western countries are foolish to tighten securities at their boarders?

When that is overlooked, insecurities become a meal.

The Nigerian system where the North sees all muslims as one irrespective of their nationality is a concern.

Northerners gives room for Muslims from neighboring countries to sweep into this country without a proper check. And will be quick to give them national IDcard and Voters card.

Bushes in the south is filled with them. Lots of times, these people are there burying weapons in the bush. Seems they're planning for a war and we're just waiting on God to fight our battles for us.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Do This? by freshkpomo(m): 8:48am On Aug 19, 2022
bewla:
When there is farming in one area or war people tend to move.

the Truth is an average southerner now see a northern as a terrorist or a sympathizer and this has nothing to do with media. They know Nigerians and Chadians are involved in terrorism but still romance them and accommodate and mingle with them. Show me your friend and I will tell you who you are.

Recently Deborah, Salman are been celebrated by Abdul, Muhammed, Musa and other northerners and this further makes it seem they support the Jihad by Iswap.

Lastly the Fulani herdsmen and sister bandits all have been in the news and an average southerner see them as Aboki. A few days ago there was a kidnapping around Benin area by these guys and it affected some activities in that area because bus occupants were taken deep into the forest. We never had such in Benin before, never.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Do This? by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 19, 2022
JASONjnr:

Left for them?

Do you think that the western countries are foolish to tighten securities at their boarders?

When that is overlooked, insecurities become a meal.

The Nigerian system where the North sees all muslims as one irrespective of their nationality is a concern.

Northerners gives room for Muslims from neighboring countries to sweep into this country without a proper check. And will be quick to give them national IDcard and Voters card.

Bushes in the south is filled with them. Lots of times, these people are there burying weapons in the bush. Seems they're planning for a war and we're just waiting on God to fight our battles for us.
Exactly oo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Do This? by tunjiajayi: 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2022
Here is the unbiased reason.

The phenomena is called migratory labour.

The northerners come down south during the dry seasons to engage in menial labour jobs, ideally they go back north during the rainy season ( farming season) to go and work on farms.

But of course like every other migratory people some stay back for one reason or the other.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Do This? by stunnert(m): 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2022
I think they are preparing for an attack

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Do This? by Patriotsleague: 6:14am On Aug 20, 2022
It's illegal for undocumented people to come into other states. In true federalism, states determine what's legal in thier states or not.

Edo state government should remove them, they are spreading round south, preparing to attack.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

California Cops Fatally Shoot A Double Amputee As He Tried To Evade Arrest (Vid) / Iphone Store In America Looted By Mostly Black People. Why Do Blacks Always Loot / Video: This Is What Happens When Girls Are Taught To Be Submissive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.